• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

I have absolutely no problem with this.

69RFCU2.jpg

unfortunately i am not a slime from dragon quest

so if i sat upright in that chair, the controller cord would tug at the little console

so ridiculous lol

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
USGamer's excellent review mentions that the manuals are all QR Code based, meaning you have to scan the QR code on the screen with your phone to access a website.

I have an iPhone and iPad which natively doesn't support QR Code scanning, and I'm unwilling to install an annoying QRcode scanning app. I'm hoping that someone will compile links to all the browser based manuals.

Looking forward to playing this next week. Luckily I have a HDMI cable looped around my room which pops out under the couch, so the cable lengths are a non-issue for me.

you show those annoying qrcodes whos boss

Giving customers an option that saves them money is weird?

I assume you want them to release a new batch of Switch-only GC controllers for Smash too, huh?

EDIT: On topic, I just checked the Nintendo UK store, where I pre-ordered, and they are sold out. Both systems and controllers.

I kind of consider GCN controller support a different beast, since it's only for one game, but I'll admit, that's a good point.

Boylamite

Was anyone in Canada offering pre orders? I have been periodically checking amazon.ca but nothing.

This thing is going to be the tickle-me-elmo of the holidays. Yes that dates me.

Cable extender or buying one of those wireless controllers?

Extra controller $10
2 extenders @ $10 piece

2 MyArcade wireless controllers @ $15 piece

Both $30 solutions and one doesn't have wires at all. Though you lose having the "original" controller. And maybe using a custom carrying case fit to the regular controllers.

FlyingCheese

Neo Member
Am I the only person excited about the prospect of a new source of brand new original controller shells and rubber contact replacements? I'll gladly purchase 2 of these controllers just so I can refurbish my ancient and beat up NES controllers with new Nintendo parts... I'm just waiting on confirmation they're compatible, as size and screw patterns are the same.

I don't understand how all these small lenght can be useable at all. Where am I suppose to put the NES itself?!

How long is the included HDMI + USB?

TLZ

Banned
Welp, some rumors are saying that this thing will cost here in Mexico around $1800 pesos wich is around $93 dollars.... Almost $100 US Dollars, people! I didn't wanted to get one of this anyway, with that ridiculously short cable controller and cheap plastic in the shape of an NES. (I'm salty as you can see)

Same here in Australia. Still didn't stop me from buying both the NES and Famicom minis :D

Do we know yet if the EU games will be 60Hz?

According to Nintendo UK, yes:

Just plug the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System into your TV, pick up that grey controller, and rediscover the joy of NES games – in high definition at 60 Hz!

Grok4Spock

USGamer's excellent review mentions that the manuals are all QR Code based, meaning you have to scan the QR code on the screen with your phone to access a website.

I have an iPhone and iPad which natively doesn't support QR Code scanning, and I'm unwilling to install an annoying QRcode scanning app. I'm hoping that someone will compile links to all the browser based manuals.
Fight the power!
Nintendo Power

You sit on the floor 2 feet from the tv like we did as kids in the 80s. Perfect Nostalgia.

But as an '80s kid (kinda) I played the NES in the basement on an old ass chesterfield with a coffee table in front of it and an old 14" Quasar colour TV from the 1970's on a TV stand behind that.

Bedlam

So, this thing only comes with an hdmi cable, nothing for old TVs in there?

In addition to using it in my place on the modern tv, I also like to go to my parents house and use it on my old CRT. This will work with an hdmi to scart or component adapter, right?

Bedlam

Hmm, I think it would be borderline deceptive if Nintendo put two controllers into the boxes for the kits they send to youtubers and media outlets without any accompanying notice saying that this isn't what us consumers get.

Or can I get my hopes up that my European edition will include two controllers? (it was 69,99€ anyway, so 10€ more for us Europe plebs)

Soundslike

Neo Member
Hmm, I think it would be borderline deceptive if Nintendo put two controllers into the boxes for the kits they send to youtubers and media outlets without any accompanying notice saying that this isn't what us consumers get.

Or can I get my hopes up that my European edition will include two controllers? (it was 69,99€ anyway, so 10€ more for us Europe plebs)

Calling this borderline deceptive is slightly to much.

Its probably a staffer putting an extra controller in the package, instead of sending the extra controller package.

Bedlam

Calling this borderline deceptive is slightly to much.

Its probably a staffer putting an extra controller in the package, instead of sending the extra controller package.
I'd call it deceptive when you then get unboxing videos on youtube with the unboxer saying "why buy an extra controller when you get two in the box?"

I was checking if my Wii Super NES Classic Controller had a long cord and I realized that it may be the same lenght as the NES Mini ones.

Target has shipped my preorder. It's on track to deliver anywhere between Wednesday and Friday. I'm so excited. Hopefully my Toys R Us order ships soon too.

AtomicPumpkin

Neo Member
Target has shipped my preorder. It's on track to deliver anywhere between Wednesday and Friday. I'm so excited. Hopefully my Toys R Us order ships soon too.

Sweet! I have a preorder with Target, too. It would be awesome to get it early or at least the day of release, though I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet.

I'm thinking of pre ordering one as well, I hope I can get one secured though at this point cause I think this is gonna sell like hot cakes.

Kind of a bummer we couldn't get 8 bit Disney Capcom games on this thing. ;_;

8 bit Capcom was god tier

I wonder why they left Castlevania 3 out though when they have the original and Simon's Quest on it.

Just saw someone unbox one of these on youtube, and the controller cords are super short. You have to six like three feet from the TV. It's crazy. Bad move on Nintendo's part.

-shadow-

I wonder why they left Castlevania 3 out though when they have the original and Simon's Quest on it.
I'm wondering the same. Such a terrible move leaving it out of the collection. It's by far the best of the three games.
And they should've just skipped Simon's Quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom