• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Conference Japan thread (thx to neo2046)

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
MrSardonic said:
Quite presumptious really. Initially, even if only small percentage of this new market bought Wii, that would be quite substantial and expose yet more people (like their friends) to this thing. In families, if the adults enjoyed the experience there is a better chance they will buy Wii for the family or even make their own software purchases. Some people come home and watch a movie to relax, some many now consider playing a few holes of Wii golf. And finally, purchasing gaming hardware does not require the devoation of lots of time to playing it...Wii and DS are set up for completely the opposite - casual, occasional, play.

It's just as presumptuous to assume a snowball effect from those videos. I mean, how many times have you gotten somebody who doesn't usually play video games to play, and while they're having fun at the time, they never ask you to play again? I'm just not 100% convinced this new market is as eager for monetary investment as Nintendo makes them out to be, and the videos did nothing to change that. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time (Stupid effin Tinkerbell!).

Amir0x

Banned
Oblivion said:
WHAT THE **** GUYS?

Just for clarification, in Japan the game will be sold online only. In USA, it's still getting a release in December and in Europe it's coming out next year. I thought Japan wasn't getting it at all, so I guess that's some improvement. If you want the superior edition, it's not terrible to order online I suppose.

Amir0x said:
Just for clarification, in Japan the game will be sold online only. In USA, it's still getting a release in December and in Europe it's coming out next year. I thought Japan wasn't getting it at all, so I guess that's some improvement. If you want the superior edition, it's not terrible to order online I suppose.

You are silly. That edition isn't superior. Why must you have these superiority complexes?

Amir0x

Banned
Link648099 said:
You are silly. That edition isn't superior. Why must you have these superiority complexes?

oh I assure you, it's superior. Nonetheless, this isn't the thread for arguing this point, so maybe another time.

Amir0x said:
oh I assure you, it's superior. Nonetheless, this isn't the thread for arguing this point, so maybe another time.

You're right, it isn't the thread for arguing the point. So why did you bother with your usual "superior edition" schtick except to provoke the exact response you just got?

Amir0x

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
You're right, it isn't the thread for arguing the point. So why did you bother with your usual "superior edition" schtick except to provoke the exact response you just got?

I didn't tell you to respond, that's your issue if you can't excersize self-control. The point of the post was only to clarify the status of the Gamecube superior edition in all territories, since Oblivion seemed angry at this even though before nobody knew the game was coming to Japan at all. Keep on point, sir.

Amir0x said:
I didn't tell you to respond, that's your issue if you can't excersize self-control. The point of the post was only to clarify the status of the Gamecube superior edition in all territories, since Oblivion seemed angry at this even though before nobody knew the game was coming to Japan at all. Keep on point, sir.

Heh. Nicely done, Amirox, but you seem smart enough to know that every time you post about the 'Cube edition being the "superior edition" it's going to throw a thread off-track.

I'll work on my self-control if you'll work on yours... ;-)

Amir0x

Banned
pitt_norton said:
We get it already. I cannot go through another 10 pages of your opinion parading around as fact.

I don't think I actually care what you get - much less your inability to recognize that stating an opinion forcefully does not mean parading it as fact. If you're so hurt, I promise you ignoring it is the best course of action.

Cosmonaut X said:
I'll work on my self-control if you'll work on yours... ;-)

Part of my self-control is excersized by not banning pitt_norton everyday! ;)

Don't know if it's been talked about yet but those Wii experience vids are really great. If they're not staged, then they're a very interesting look at non-gamers' first experience with the system.

I love the Sam Jackson lookalike. He totally has no interest in the thing until his first golf swing when he sees how accurate it is. Then he can't get enough of it.

Amir0x

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Damn he didn't take the bait. :p Mad respect to you Amir0x. :)

Its Zelda, it don't matter what version you play, just play it.

Of course, 'tis true. All versions will be great, I'm sure. :D

Top Bottom