• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo confirms live-stream for Iwata GDC keynote

Nintendo Wii HD™

Believe.

Not a new console... just another version of the Wii with the capability of rendering the games in HD (like the Dolphin emulator).

Based on Iwata's recent commentary that the Wii isn't being replaced soon, I'd wager on a new trailer and maybe a new game. What he says will matter more though...

JWong said:
GDC is not a place for announcements.

Funny you should say that when Nintendo announced both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks at GDC events in the past, along with accompanying trailers (I'm sure Twilight Princess got a trailer at GDC as well)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There is so going to be a Zelda trailer, the last 3 games have all had trailers at GDC.

Ushojax said:
There is so going to be a Zelda trailer, the last 3 games have all had trailers at GDC.

Not just 1 trailer, but 2! (don't forget OoT 3D! That game hasn't even had any trailer at all yet!)

Both games are long overdue a trailer and they're both going to get one tomorrow.

Guevara

Guevara said:
At the 2009 GDC Keynote we got:
  • Random Employee Kidnapping
  • Charts, Charts, Charts
  • Announcement trailer for Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

I think we can reasonable expect a similar performance tomorrow.

xy8CT.jpg

jhawk6

Nuclear Muffin said:
Not just 1 trailer, but 2! (don't forget OoT 3D! That game hasn't even had any trailer at all yet!)

Both games are long overdue a trailer and they're both going to get one tomorrow.

This is true! Never thought of that, gonna be Zelda overload!

Fernando Rocker said:
Nintendo Wii HD™

Believe.

Not a new console... just another version of the Wii with the capability of rendering the games in HD (like the Dolphin emulator).

Oh, and a $50 add-on for the users who already have the Wii.

JWong

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
Funny you should say that when Nintendo announced both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks at GDC events in the past, along with accompanying trailers (I'm sure Twilight Princess got a trailer at GDC as well)
When E3 was a shell of its former self couple years ago.

Last Year's News flash: E3 is back.

He'd better get any big surprises out of the way in his first hour so they can have their time in the sun before Apple's iPad 2 presser at 10 AM PT takes over all tech blogs for the rest of the day.

Ohh.. that suggests
sales charts
might make an appearance!

FoneBone said:
Not unless it's out this year, which I very much doubt. Otherwise they'll wait until E3.

They'll just show some artwork which hints that Mario will wear a pair of magic, talking overalls for now. The full reveal will be at E3

leroidys

I'll expect a new Skyward Sword trailer, but I'll hope for a FSA 3DS/Wii game.

(probably be disappointed either way)

Here's to hoping that the inevitable new trailer for Skyward Sword shows something to actually get me excited about the game!

JWong said:
GDC is not a place for announcements.
They won't announce anythnig big, I agree. We will likely only hear about games already confirmed. However, Nintendo has had a few big conferences. Last year they anounced that MH3 was coming in April, SMG2 in May, S&P2 in June and M:OM in June(it got delayed though) as well as release new trailers and demos for those games. We also got a little bit of 3DS news. So this year I think we can expect a specific lineup for Wii and 3DS until the summer. As well as some trailers most notably from Skyward Sword and OoT 3D.

Top Bottom