• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo confirms live-stream for Iwata GDC keynote

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sammy Samusu said:
Iwata, I know Bill is sitting next to you (hey Bill!) translating all those comments, and I'll let you know, if you don't announce Xenoblade tomorrow lives will not be spared.

This is my last warning.
Technically Xenoblade has been announced years ago for the West, and it was still there in the latest future releases list.

The Last Story is the one I wanna see.

I wouldn't cross my fingers for a pre-E3 announcement, though.

GCX

I like this new Nintendo that live streams all of their press events (E3, Nintendo World, Last Story conference, GDC, etc).

Instro

2s7h0kz.jpg

Ecliptor

stilgar said:
http://criandoacasos.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/trem1.jpg

COME ON, GUYS! THERE'S SOME PLACE LEFT!

Damn, it always gets me.

I expect a Zelda trailer and lots of 3DS Hype

and Super Wii HD with Vitality Sensor going on sale tomorrow

thefro

Brazil said:
Technically Xenoblade has been announced years ago for the West, and it was still there in the latest future releases list.

The Last Story is the one I wanna see.

I wouldn't cross my fingers for a pre-E3 announcement, though.

Considering they've announced no games for Q2, they'll need to drop that release list at some point.

GCX

apana said:
I really hope enough of Skyward Sword is complete by now that they can have a full fledged trailer.
Trailer at GDC, release in May, SMG2 style

I'm sorry.

Azure J

On another related topic, has anyone updated that GDC Nintendo bingo card since the last time we played it? :lol

FoneBone

thefro said:
Considering they've announced no games for Q2, they'll need to drop that release list at some point.
I'm guessing that'll happen tomorrow, but I doubt that'll be part of the keynote itself.

Man, I can't wait to see the Xenoblade and Last Story trailers that they're going to show tomorrow! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *sobs uncontrollably*

sinxtanx

This hype train should remain stationary.

7QO2k.jpg

It'll just be a Zelda trailer, charts and Iwata playing up Nintendo like its sliced bread.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
jhawk6 said:
Please be the truth extracted from the future!

Wont happen. Nintendo have stated that OoT will release before Skyward Sword. They have also said the OoT will not come out before E3.

methodman

Banned
sinxtanx said:
This hype train should remain stationary.

It'll just be a Zelda trailer, charts and Iwata playing up Nintendo like its sliced bread.

That's not enough for you? We haven't seen anything new on Zelda since May 2010. Almost a whole year.

apana

Zerokku said:
Wont happen. Nintendo have stated that OoT will release before Skyward Sword. They have also said the OoT will not come out before E3.

Oh god this is going to be the longest year of my life. Part of me wishes they wouldn't show a Zelda trailer because I have a strong feeling that I'm only gonna get to play it in December.

sinxtanx

methodman said:
That's not enough for you? We haven't seen anything new on Zelda since May 2010. Almost a whole year.
Actually, I feel like I can trust Nintendo with this game. I don't need to see anything.

Gomu Gomu

I guess this could be posted here:

Apple, Nintendo Slug It Out for Gaming Supremacy at GDC

SAN FRANCISCO — At the Game Developers Conference, it seems like Apple is literally trying to steal the show.

As 18,000 game designers and executives walk toward Moscone Center this week, they will not likely miss the giant Apple logo on the side of the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts right across the street. There, Apple is expected to take the stage Wednesday morning and announce the next version of the iPad.

Only thing is, Apple’s presentation isn’t part of Game Developers Conference, the annual gathering of gamemakers that runs through Friday. Not only that, it’s taking place at the same time as Nintendo president Satoru Iwata’s GDC keynote, in which he will lay out his vision for the company’s future.

Nintendo will launch its glasses-free 3-D game machine, Nintendo 3DS, in the United States on March 27, and buzz around GDC indicates that Iwata’s speech will feature some big news. But with Apple’s event overlapping Nintendo’s, many people may not be there to hear it.

Interesting :lol .

apana

This means war. Miyamoto shows up at the Apple event on a horse with his master sword, ready to take care of business.

Why For?

Banned
So is everyone going to overhype this too?

Guys, it's Game Developers Conference not Gaffers Delusion Conference.

It's a place for developers to show off and share tools and what they're up to. You will rarely if EVER get a major announcement (major being very subjective).

At best, we'd get a Zelda trailer disguised as a 'tech showing' giving an idea of the tech running the game. That, and some 3DS stuff.

Stop setting yourselves up for disappointment.

who care about Apple they come out with new hardware every year big shock next year they will be new hardware you hear it here first

its Apple games = web base games for me some may be fun but they not a new Mario

SAN FRANCISCO — At the Game Developers Conference, it seems like Apple is literally trying to steal the show.

As 18,000 game designers and executives walk toward Moscone Center this week, they will not likely miss the giant Apple logo on the side of the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts right across the street. There, Apple is expected to take the stage Wednesday morning and announce the next version of the iPad.

Only thing is, Apple’s presentation isn’t part of Game Developers Conference, the annual gathering of gamemakers that runs through Friday. Not only that, it’s taking place at the same time as Nintendo president Satoru Iwata’s GDC keynote, in which he will lay out his vision for the company’s future.

Nintendo will launch its glasses-free 3-D game machine, Nintendo 3DS, in the United States on March 27, and buzz around GDC indicates that Iwata’s speech will feature some big news. But with Apple’s event overlapping Nintendo’s, many people may not be there to hear it.

Lol, people looking for a fight that isn't there. The tech blogs wouldn't be covering Iwata's keynote anyway.

The media audiences are completely different (or do you expect the likes of IGN, Gamespot and Eurogamer to start covering the Apple event live?)

mantidor

Why For? said:

It's a place for developers to show off and share tools and what they're up to. You will rarely if EVER get a major announcement (major being very subjective).

At best, we'd get a Zelda trailer disguised as a 'tech showing' giving an idea of the tech running the game. That, and some 3DS stuff.

Previous GDC have revealed trailers, and not as tech demos, I think that spirit tracks was actually announced in a previous keynote.

mantidor said:
Previous GDC have revealed trailers, and not as tech demos, I think that spirit tracks was actually announced in a previous keynote.

There were also a decent number of WiiWare and DSiWare announcements at the '09 keynote, which makes it reasonable to expect some new, substantive details on the 3DS eShop. I don't think anyone is expecting Metroid Dread or any similarly-sized megaton.

ryan-ts

neptunes said:
Lets just nip this at th e bud! No, no it wont

It'll be all 3DS talk and its potential.

Uh, so you don't think Iwata will talk about Nintendo? Something tells me you're wrong.

It's going to be a big chance for Iwata to inform the media and fans about the future of the company.

Father_Brain said:
There were also a decent number of WiiWare and DSiWare announcements at the '09 keynote, which makes it reasonable to expect some new, substantive details on the 3DS eShop. I don't think anyone is expecting Metroid Dread or any similarly-sized megaton.

uhm this years motto has been make.believe!!!

Anything can happen!

Apple and Nintendo at the same time only means GAF crash

but seriously comparing the two is reaching. Besides Steve Jobs is not going to be on stage so meh.

Cipherr

You have got to be kidding me. This is such a reach. My god.

Why For?

Banned
mantidor said:

re-read my post...

(major is subjective) Spirit tracks? Really? I love Zelda as much as the next guy, but I don't accept the two DS Zelda games as real Zelda games. Sorry, I just don't.

Taker666

I'm doubtful we'll see anything of Zelda this time around. I think a full E3 blowout is more likely.

I'm guessing either the vitality sensor will finally show itself (more suited to GDC than E3) or maybe a new 3DS game. ...or Iwata will just show us all the stuff we already know is included with the 3DS.

Why For? said:

I think most people here are being fairly reasonable in expecting a Q2 lineup for 3DS and Wii as well as a new Zelda trailer. The past 3 Zelda games recieved new trailers for GDC and two of which were anounced at GDC. I think it's a reasonable assumption to get info on games coming in the next few months since we know next to nothing about anything past the 3DS launch and there's nowhere else to anounce and talk about it. I don't think anyone's expecting anything crazy because that will be saved for E3 but they need to outline the release schedule for 3DS and Wii for Q2.

Why For? said:
re-read my post...

(major is subjective) Spirit tracks? Really? I love Zelda as much as the next guy, but I don't accept the two DS Zelda games as real Zelda games. Sorry, I just don't.
Well that's nice but they are sooooo believing things aren't real doesn't make them not exist.

Taker666 said:
I'm doubtful we'll see anything of Zelda this time around. I think a full E3 blowout is more likely.

I'm guessing either the vitality sensor will finally show itself (more suited to GDC than E3) or maybe a new 3DS game. ...or he'll just show us all the stuff we already know is in the 3DS.

How in god's good graces is it doubtful. Seriously, it's almost 100% likely. Let's see:

-GDC has a track record for Zelda announcements and media (2005 TP trailer, 2007 PH announcement, 2009 ST announcement)
-We haven't seen Zelda in nearly a year, with NOTHING be said about it since E3.
-Iwata's speech is literally titled "Videogames Turn 25." The only Nintendo properties that happen to ACTUALLY BE TURNING 25 are Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus. But Zelda has been the bigger deal.

Come on, son.

Kard8p3

Why For? said:
re-read my post...

Just because you don't think of them as real Zelda games doesn't mean they aren't. Besides that Twilight Princess got a GDC trailer too.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
As far as I remember, Nintendo has never unveiled new software or hardware at GDC. The company has only showed people updates to stuff already announced. But still, that can be pretty cool. One exception could be new 3DS AR stuff they're working on. I doubt they will show anything Wii related; their sold focus will be to push developers on the new game play ideas for 3DS.

eXistor

I'm expecting a new Skyward Sword trailer for sure, it's amazing we've got no new info on it ever since last E3.

Kard8p3

Gahiggidy said:
As far as I remember, Nintendo has never unveiled new software or hardware at GDC. The company has only showed people updates to stuff already announced. But still, that can be pretty cool. One exception could be new 3DS AR stuff they're working on. I doubt they will show anything Wii related; their sold focus will be to push developers on the new game play ideas for 3DS.

They debuted Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks at GDC.

I still think he will talk about all the special things you can do with 3D gaming on the 3DS that can't be emulated well on current mobile platforms (or something) and they'll show mario 3ds (or something).

Or a zelda trailer :p

Top Bottom