• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo could be gearing up to announce new Hardware

Draugoth

Gold Member

Nintendo has:
  • Spent over 66,517 million yen on raw materials (twice they spent for the Switch Lite)
  • Trademarked "NSW" which is often used in NVIDIA files to refer to the Switch platform
  • Private'd their YouTube videos for the Lite & OLED

Last edited:

saturnalian

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Actually, this is based off of Nintendo financial report(so its oficial information), which states that they bought more than what they usually do in raw materials, which are used to fabricate hardware.

Its all on the OP.
It's heavily reaching to jump from those statistics to the implication that it's new hardware, especially when Nintendo has prior said they intended to deal with shortages of hardware shipments for the systems they already have out. Especially when the rumors from last year are still fresh on people's minds.

Batiman

Banned
I’m down for a more traditional console focused on more local co op. I like the switch and all and I know it’s successful but to me it’s been a little disappointing. I honestly had a better time during the WiiU gen. Maybe that’s partially to my son being younger and a lot of good co op games. If switch didn’t have the WiiU ports I’d say the WiiU had better games overall.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Too early maybe? OLED Switch hasn't had enough time in the market I dont think.

Its Nintendo though. They do whatever they want.

REDRZA MWS

If it’s not offered as a switch model as it is right now AND a slightly more powerful home console I’m not interested. Can’t stand portable or mobile Gamkng and want no part of any bs docks that do nothing.

Cmon Nintendo, offer a fairly powerful home console so I can enjoy your games on 4k/60 on my 77” OLED. Not going to happen but one can dream.

nush

The could have spent more on "Raw materials" to make sure they had a steady supply of components (chips) so they don't suffer the shortages during peak season. Didn't Nintendo say earlier this year that they were supply constrained because of the Shanghai lockdowns?

Nautilus

Banned
It's heavily reaching to jump from those statistics to the implication that it's new hardware, especially when Nintendo has prior said they intended to deal with shortages of hardware shipments for the systems they already have out. Especially when the rumors from last year are still fresh on people's minds.
But its not something simply off of twitter rumours and actually has some basis, even if its not something super concrete.

Pallas

Too early maybe? OLED Switch hasn't had enough time in the market I dont think.

Its Nintendo though. They do whatever they want.
Maybe 2024 release? It definitely needs to be backwards compatible I think if they really want their customers buying it up like crack.

and yeah yeah, “Nintendo fans will buy it regardless” but it would definitely be a great reason to upgrade. It’s not like Wii U transitioning to Switch.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
QD-OLED Super Switch, 3090TI taped to the back w/ New Power Glove so you don't burn fingers off

lets goooooo!

CS Lurker

As Furukawa said, they now keep more raw materials inventories than before. They are securing the inventory as soon as possible (which makes a lot of sense witch the current global situation).

Also, there's a change in accounting that has a big impact in those numbers. From the 66B Yen, 36B are coming from this [accounting] change.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Why would they make the OLED video private?

Since Xenoblade 3 is coming to regular Switch, that means it'll be another 5 years before I have to buy their terrible hardware.

Knightime_X

It is still too early to show a successor.

Nintendo Switch should last at least 3 more years from today.

In fact, the console is doing very very well.
Nintendo has a known cycle to release every 6 years.
Wii was omega successful, they still released the wii u 6 years later.
Same with Sony.
They released ps3 despite ps2 being sony's best selling console ever.

Top Bottom