• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo/DeNA "currently making announcement plans" for their first mobile game

Can't wait for the first Super Mario endless runner game!

But in seriousness, I hope it ends up well. It's exciting, yet odd to feel this way about a mobile game.

AdanVC

Whatever it's going to be, it's going to be incredibly underwhelming methinks. An "experiment"

Yeah, right now I have my expectation pretty low. After E3, I learned the lesson of never over-hype anything Nintendo related again because the dissapointment literally hurts pretty bad hah.

I'd be lying if I said I felt excited. I don't think I've played a mobile game since id released DOOM a few years back. But I'll certainly be interested to see what the results are.

Are you high?

In the next four months Wii U is getting Xenoblade, Star Fox, Mario Maker,Yoshi, Animal Crossing, Devil's Third, Fatal Frame, Just Dance, Guitar Hero, and the Next Lego, Disney and Skylanders games.

Twelve Games across Eight Genres in Four Months is not nothing.

No I'm not. And I talk about good blockbuster games, not something like Just Dance, Lego Disney etc who cares for these games? You are defending the WiiU lineup for absolutely no reason.

Also, Animal Crossing, really? That Party game? C'mon, you can't be serious :/

Eitherway, your post looks like its written in sarcasm in irony to Nintendo's own bubble, so sorry if I missed that.

Xeno looks good, but its considered to be much worse than Xeno 1 by japanese players. Starfox, we'll see but for now it looks pretty low budget-y. Yoshi and Mario Maker are for sure good games, but I really don't need more 2D platformers on the WiiU, I'd much rather have a big 3D game.

There are no exciting news regarding Wii U since ages. Only WiiU game I look forward to is Zelda U, which we haven't seen for ages too.

Many WiiU games are a perfect fit for a smartphone, think about that.

Besides, Nintendo very rarely reveals stuff at Gamescom anyway. Yes, E3 was disappointing in terms of big hitters, but let's not pretend they have nothing.

That's true, but my thought was they would show the unseen footage of Zelda U to make many of their disappointed fans happy, any company with so much PR damage would do that.... but not Nintendo.

Can't wait for the first Super Mario endless runner game!

But in seriousness, I hope it ends up well. It's exciting, yet odd to feel this way about a mobile game.

This excites me more than it should.
It would be the only thing I'd play other than a full fledged Pokemon game for cellphones.

Nintenleo

Pokèmon Snap with augmented reality and need to travel around the world to take pictures of all the creatures, powered by Google Maps. Social functions to trade your pictures with friends everywhere via facebook or Nintendo Network.

Crocodile

No I'm not. And I talk about good blockbuster games, not something like Just Dance, Lego Disney etc who cares for these games? You are defending the WiiU lineup for absolutely no reason.

Also, Animal Crossing, really? That Party game? C'mon, you can't be serious :/

Eitherway, your post looks like its written in sarcasm in irony to Nintendo's own bubble, so sorry if I missed that.

Xeno looks good, but its considered to be much worse than Xeno 1 by japanese players. Starfox, we'll see but for now it looks pretty low budget-y. Yoshi and Mario Maker are for sure good games, but I really don't need more 2D platformers on the WiiU, I'd much rather have a big 3D game.

There are no exciting news regarding Wii U since ages. Only WiiU game I look forward to is Zelda U, which we haven't seen for ages too.

Many WiiU games are a perfect fit for a smartphone, think about that.

That's true, but my thought was they would show the unseen footage of Zelda U to make many of their disappointed fans happy, any company with so much PR damage would do that.... but not Nintendo.

This is one of the worst "Your list doesn't count because reasons" posts I've seen in a while.

Nightbird

This is one of the worst "Your list doesn't count because reasons" posts I've seen in a while.

It's dampflokfreund, he's often like that, just ignore him.
If he Line-up doesn't cater to his interests,or hasn't reached the bar he set for himself it does not count.

That's cool but you have to be fair: his post is extremly defensive regarding WiiU. So of course my answer is a fit to that.

I mean Amiibo Party was a major letdown for many AC fans at E3. And he also listed many kids games. I don't really get whats wrong with my post in that regard, can you explain it to me please?

It's dampflokfreund, he's often like that, just ignore him.
If he Line-up doesn't cater to his interests,or hasn't reached the bar he set for himself it does not count.

I think I speak not only for me, but for a majority of people with my posts. I search Internet forums a lot and know what many fans are thinking.

That's cool but you have to be fair: his post is extremly defensive regarding WiiU. So of course my answer is a fit to that.

I mean Amiibo Party was a major letdown for many AC fans at E3. And he also listed many kids games. I don't really get whats wrong with my post in that regard, can you explain it to me please?
Outside of the unnecessary "are you high" comment, the post seems fine. Nintendo is putting out a lot this holiday for both their platforms. 2016 is unknown though, sure.

Hatchtag

Banned
I hope it's cool. Something like Hearthstone. Hearthstone totally cemented in my mind that these games don't have to suck.

There's no fuckin' way it won't be Mario, Zelda or Animal Crossing first though.

AdanVC

Donkey Kong Tap n Go

Mario Puzzle Game

and

Zelda Slicer!

Flappy Birdo

That's the beauty of Nintendo IPs. Their versatility. They literally can be everything and it could work well if it's done properly. Zelda Slicer would be actually pretty cool tho. A semi 3D game with Link in the middle of a field with rupees falling from the sky and you just slice the finger on the screen to move link and grab the rupees and you better watch out of the bombs falling or you lose. Different fields and even big boss fights as well.

Roo

The Pushmo IP seems like the perfect fit for mobile gaming, me thinks.
The whole interface is based on touch controls.
Plus, it's easy enough for casual players to get on board but with a decent difficulty curve for those more experienced.

Qurupeke

The game will be fun, will sell okayish, will be something similar to a game already out. I'm sure they'll play it safe for the first one. Also, I'm not expecting a puzzle game.

Top Bottom