• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Details 2-Day Treehouse at E3

No mention of Paper Mario. Literally the only major first-parry title announced for release this year. Unbelievable.

Treehouse Live Day 2 lineup honestly looks really boring to me. Basically just nothing but localizations of niche games.

Day one will be awesome with Zelda. Obviously. But overall Nintendo's E3 plan this year really worries me.

No mention of Paper Mario. Literally the only major first-parry title announced for release this year. Unbelievable.

Treehouse Live Day 2 lineup honestly looks really boring to me. Basically just nothing but localizations of niche games.

Day one will be awesome with Zelda. Obviously. But overall Nintendo's E3 plan this year really worries me.

I don't exactly see how you came to that conclusion considering all they did was list examples of games coming out in the near future.

Still so freaking depressive that the only upcoming Wii U game they are showing is that anime crossover game thing. So awful.
How could you not want a game that celebrates the worst of Japan's entertainment industry? I can't wait for the sequel set in the United States that celebrates the Kardashians.

georly

They mention 3 games, all 3rd party/collabs. Maybe trying to improve 3rd party relations?

I'd be surprised if color splash doesn't show up, they're gonna show more than 3 games (hence the word 'including.')

Nintendo should also take floor space away from Zelda and have these games playable on the show floor.

Maybe baby island is for other stuff, if they changed their mind.

wTELv3a.jpg

why is everyone assuming these are all the games, weren't you guys wrong when "Zelda was the only game both playable and in exhibition"? (we already know Nintendo is bad in PR)

Now people mentioning "no yokai watch 2, no paper Mario"

like... why not wait until the actual event? like, why every time there's an announcement, people act like nothing can change?)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
why is everyone assuming these are all the games, weren't you guys wrong when "Zelda was the only game both playable and in exhibition"? (we already know Nintendo is bad in PR)

like... why not wait until the actual event? like, why every time there's an announcement, people act like nothing can change?)

this. I will never understand why "including..." is such a hard word to be understood on the web.

Aroll

Nintendo should also take floor space away from Zelda and have these games playable on the show floor.

Actually, there has been no word on any other game being playable on the show floor. Just that Day two of Nintendo Treehouse live is going to feature virtually all the games we already know are coming out the rest of 2016. So as far as anyone (but Nintendo) is aware, Zelda is IT on the show floor.

Actually, there has been no word on any other game being playable on the show floor. Just that Day two of Nintendo Treehouse live is going to feature virtually all the games we already know are coming out the rest of 2016. So as far as anyone (but Nintendo) is aware, Zelda is IT on the show floor.

that was not the point, the point is that things can change in the last moment, so taking something as granted is a huge mistake and a personal let down, people feel disappointed because they want to.

And I know there is no mention of any other playable game, but, there was no announcement of any other game being shown and.. well... things change

Discomurf

Something tells me that they will wedge in at least one more unannounced holiday release game for Wii U. They really need something.. "Mario:Whatever"... I mean its the Holiday season - Nintendo wouldn't want to leave easy money on the table - that's just bad business. Perhaps a game that was going to go to NX will be pulled back in?

djlr181

They mention 3 games, all 3rd party/collabs. Maybe trying to improve 3rd party relations?

I'd be surprised if color splash doesn't show up, they're gonna show more than 3 games (hence the word 'including.')

Maybe baby island is for other stuff, if they changed their mind.

wTELv3a.jpg

That circled space is where Nintendo serves lunch for the people working their booth and is a general rest area for them. Basically just a bunch of tables and chairs.

So right.. even I have a hard time with that myself.

People always act like stuff is set in stone and can never change although there was atleast a month and now 2 weeks before E3

georly

That circled space is where Nintendo serves lunch for the people working their booth and is a general rest area for them. Basically just a bunch of tables and chairs.

Never been to E3 so I wouldn't know. Makes sense. Still calling it baby island.

So right.. even I have a hard time with that myself.

People always act like stuff is set in stone and can never change although there was atleast a month and now 2 weeks before E3

Show floor is probably nearly impossible to change (they had to hire artists/engineers months ahead of time to design/build the booth) that close to E3. Treehouse can literally be anything they have demos ready for. They can change it up as much as they want.

Ridley327

Something tells me that they will wedge in at least one more unannounced holiday release game for Wii U. They really need something.. "Mario:Whatever"... I mean its the Holiday season - Nintendo wouldn't want to leave easy money on the table - that's just bad business. Perhaps a game that was going to go to NX will be pulled back in?

What could they realistically get done in time for the holidays? Mario Party is about the only thing that comes to mind, and I really don't see that being much of a driver for them.

What could they realistically get done in time for the holidays? Mario Party is about the only thing that comes to mind, and I really don't see that being much of a driver for them.

Things that are already in development that they just haven't announced

Ridley327

Things that are already in development that they just haven't announced

What do you think they would still want to keep on Wii U that they wouldn't just switch over to NX? At some point, you just have to realize that the situation is what it is, and I don't see Nintendo going out of their way to do anything big beyond Zelda for next year. A smaller scale game like Mario Party is the only realistic thing I can see happening, along with Paper Mario.

Discomurf

It could be something that was already complete. There have been rumors of Wii U games sitting on the sidelines waiting for NX.

georly

What do you think they would still want to keep on Wii U that they wouldn't just switch over to NX? At some point, you just have to realize that the situation is what it is, and I don't see Nintendo going out of their way to do anything big beyond Zelda for next year. A smaller scale game like Mario Party is the only realistic thing I can see happening, along with Paper Mario.

Stuff that isn't worth the effort of porting/is already really far along/is a sequel to another wii U game and will take too much work to port to NX and not be worth it.

Not much fits that criteria. Mario party. Maybe a warioware game. I dunno.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
we had a reliable rumor about one unannounced game for wiiu.
we had a reliable rumor about a paper mario game for wiiu.
we got the official announcement of paper mario color splash.
that's it.

Discomurf

Stuff that isn't worth the effort of porting/is already really far along/is a sequel to another wii U game and will take too much work to port to NX and not be worth it.

Not much fits that criteria. Mario party. Maybe a warioware game. I dunno.

I think there's a chance they might sacrifice one decent game for the Holidays. Wii U software still sells, look at Star Fox Zero.

The Giant

Banned
Just because Nintendo gave a few examples, doesn't mean Paper Mario isn't gonna be shown.

Would be awesomw if they demoed Yooka-Laylee.

Why is it still "Legend of Zelda for Wii U?"

It still sounds as dumb as Smash Bros. We can't hoping that their would be a cool name like Melee/Brawl and it never came...

Ridley327

Finally, Dragon Quest VII love, hopefully it still gets a summer month release and a physical version.

A physical release has been able to be pre-ordered since it was announced. Amazon took it down for some weird reason, but other sites still have it available.

It still sounds as dumb as Smash Bros. We can't hoping that their would be a cool name like Melee/Brawl and it never came...

Because they haven't announced the title yet, which is assuredly one of the things that will be revealed at E3.

Just because Nintendo gave a few examples, doesn't mean Paper Mario isn't gonna be shown.

Would be awesomw if they demoed Yooka-Laylee.
Don't you know? If Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata's ghost don't show up and right out state what games, how long, and the exact second of the day they are being show, there's none, 0% chance the game will be show. It applies even for games that have been not announced, and would make sense to do so during E3.

Meesh

Welp. Gonna tune in for ...Monster Hunter and Zelda of course. Guess I basically got what I wanted? :/

ReyVGM

If they didn't call OoT Legend of Zelda 64 (despite being the temp. title for a long time), you can be sure this one is not going to be called LoZ "for Wii U".

Also, look at the Twilight Princess situation.

Doctre81

They said "including" meaning more games than on that list potentially shown or announced. Nintendo has clever wording. In fact tha is the reason why people thought Zelda woukld be the only game talked about. Because of the way they word things.

Hydrus

Can you imagine if there was no subtitle and it was just The Legend of Zelda: Wii U

I still cant believe they actually named the 4th smash bro's as "Super Smash Bro's for Wii U/ 3DS". Like how fucking hard was it to just simply name it Super Smash Bro's 4. It wouldn't surprise me if that is the official title for Zelda.

Nintendo always uses clever wording. I always try to pay attention that's why I said I knew Zelda wasn't going to be the only game shown.

Ridley327

I still cant believe they actually named the 4th smash bro's as "Super Smash Bro's for Wii U/ 3DS". Like how fucking hard was it to just simply name it Super Smash Bro's 4. It wouldn't surprise me if that is the official title for Zelda.

It got away with it because it's a silly play on words.

Will Pokemon sell better than Zelda sure, to people who don't give a shit about e3. Zelda is a far bigger franchise for the people who are going to watch E3, there are going to be way way more views of Zelda trailers and gameplay than anything Pokemon.

Show?
You mean...
I do t get it.
We still have no conference nor direct or so

I doubt that they will announce something at the treehouse

This news doesn't change anything about nintendo e3 show imho

Well, they announced Earthbound Beginnings on a pre-NWC Treehouse stream, so it's actually very possible that if Mother 3 is actually coming to the VC, they could announce it during a Treehouse event.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and for Wii U.

Super Smash Bros. 4

It's actually kind of clever.

R00bot

I would say I told you so, but you guys were starting to make me doubt that there'd be other games as well lol.

I still told you so.

Because everyone is 100% right and backing down would diminish their web cred.

Top Bottom