• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: 1st Australian presentation now available online

kulapik

I think he means you can't switch regions as you like anymore. But yeah, it's still import friendly the way it is. I imported my 3DS from the UK (for that animal crossing pattern) and can access the Australian EShop, because it's still PAL. I just can't access the UK one anymore without losing my saves.

What do you mean "without losing my saves"? So I can buy a 3DS and change the eshop region right away without problem?

Mistle

Apparently the man in the video (I've yet to watch, on mobile) is new to Nintendo Aus and holds a high position. Maybe this is the beginning of a better era for Australia and Nintendo?

Not that it's been terrible. It's just easy to feel forgotten haha

Mr. RPG

I'm guessing that sales of the current 3DS systems aren't selling very well in Australia so they want to push the new 3DS out there as fast as they can in hopes of attracting more sales. That's my guess.

ZeroX03

Banned
This Japanese man doesn't have an accent or appearance that conforms to my cartoonish stereotyping of Australia.

"G'day everyone, I'm Tom from Nintendo Australia! Welcome to the first Nintendo Direct from Australia, mate. Today, we have some bonza news for our fans and we are really pleased to boot directly to your bum."

Australia.png

Resilient

"G'day everyone, I'm Tom from Nintendo Australia! Welcome to the first Nintendo Direct from Australia, mate. Today, we have some bonza news for our fans and we are really pleased to boot directly to your bum."

Australia.png

ITT you can be stereotypical/racist and it's ok because it's Australia.

Seriously these types of shitty jokes always stink. You stink. I'm gonna buy my new3DS like a normal person.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Engrish is the cutest shit ever
I could eat you Tom Enoki
Uh

I said that in my head

The n3DS theme music makes me want to shoot myself
Tom Enoki? Wow at that Boardwalk Empire reference lol...

ZeroX03

Banned

Seriously these types of shitty jokes always stink. You stink. I'm gonna buy my new3DS like a normal person.

I'm Australian, we always laugh at the terrible stereotypical jokes. I don't know anyone who doesn't think the Simpsons episode is hilarious. Calm down, mate.

PrawnyNZ

I'm a little shocked to find that Nintendo know that NZ exists.

Awesome news though, they definitely have a sale from me. Now to figure out if I want standard or try out the XL.

Us down here in New Zealand/Austraila are not only not being expected to drop trou and take it price wise for once, but we are getting the N3DS Before North America. I'm either dreaming, or something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. That makes more sense then Nintendo of Australia actually doing right by it's customers.

But we had this:
pnRII09.jpg

No need to act like he couldnt of made a silly bruce joke or anything

Just wait until the Club Nintendo has better prizes then America does :/

We already do. And our prizes are cheaper than the ones in Europe and our stars last 3 years, not 2.

Australia.png

That's hilarious.

Apparently the man in the video (I've yet to watch, on mobile) is new to Nintendo Aus and holds a high position. Maybe this is the beginning of a better era for Australia and Nintendo?

Not that it's been terrible. It's just easy to feel forgotten haha

Don't remind of the GC days. We're living in the Golden Era now.

We just got the kirby triple deluxe ost today.
And for only 1500 stars. I haven't played the game, but at that price I'm considering it.

random25

The other news is Xenoblade is confirmed to be coming outside of Japan in 2015. Hope the release of n3DS in other territories immediately follows with the release of Xenoblade 3D.

Razma1

I'm actually mad. I'm used to Sega treating America like shit but man Nintendo with the month later on Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors a week later, Smash 3 weeks or whatever later, no new 3DS till 2015 just to keep uninformed people buying the old stock.

Man I am salty right now.

Jimrpg

How am I supposed to afford a 128gb iphone 6 plus ($1249) and get this at the same time???

Grrr...

Or I can get a 64gb iphone 6 ($999) and a New 3DS?

Resilient

I'm actually mad. I'm used to Sega treating America like shit but man Nintendo with the month later on Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors a week later, Smash 3 weeks or whatever later, no new 3DS till 2015 just to keep uninformed people buying the old stock.

Man I am salty right now.

Pass the time by playing your 3ds/xl.

Moonkid

Good news. Hopefully this is the start of Nintendo giving Australia and New Zealand more attention. Marketing for the Wii U and 3DS here in NZ is largely non-existent.

K-A-Deman

Why should we ('mericans) complain about NoAU (Not sure if this is the 'official' shorthand) get's some things early; they're locked in a constant war of survival against their own land, the least they could get is some early access.

I'm only partially kidding; as an uniformed non-Australian that got his info from a world-trotting Grandma, I cannot fathom ever going there and not fearing for my life from any creature or plant I see.

...I hear the food is good though.

Neiteio

Nobody boots my ass. I refuse to laugh.
...said Resilient, before tipping his cowboy hat, climbing in a kangaroo pouch and hopping on down to the beach for some surfing and crocodile wrestling

Seriously, though, congrats Australia, and great news about Xenoblade Chronicles 3D!

Does this mean that the New 3DS might potentially come out in the US before the end of the year too, or did they already confirm that it wouldn't hit until next year?

If not, I assume it's just supply constraints holding them back, so launching in, what I am assuming is, a smaller territory than US or EU would make sense.

So jelly. :(

Hi Tom.

So does this mean when there are worldwide directs I now have to watch 4 at once? Remember how in the past EU and US ones have had things in different orders.

I came in expecting localised Xenoblade footage for some weird reason...oh well.

Does Australia have its own region? Because if not, then EU people can import this, right?

I'm jealous anyway :p Congrats, Australia!
For download codes Oceania is considered a separate region to Europe but for discs and cartridges it is the same region.

Neo Dark

Wow.. never knew Australia never had a Nintendo Direct especially since Korea gets one. Then again sometimes it feels like they get grouped with Europe anyways.

Major news: New Nintendo Direct launching on Nov. 21 in Australia.

I think you meant to say 3DS there.

AniHawk

imagine my extreme disappointment when it didn't start with 'ello mate and a guy playing a game of knifey-spoony in the background.

popyea

What do you mean "without losing my saves"? So I can buy a 3DS and change the eshop region right away without problem?

Yeah, because the eshop region is set by the country on your NNID. If you want to shop in a region different to your NNID's country, you have to do some workaround thing and losing save data (and maybe game data iirc) is a side effect. There used to be another way where that wouldn't happen, but it was patched.

Top Bottom