• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: 1st Australian presentation now available online

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
surprising to see the N3ds get an early release over there!
good to see also the first official confirmation for Xenoblade in the West.

teddymeow

EU and AUS are the same region right?

Think I might contact my Aussie relatives later on and ask them to get hold of one for me.

bomma_man

I'm actually mad. I'm used to Sega treating America like shit but man Nintendo with the month later on Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors a week later, Smash 3 weeks or whatever later, no new 3DS till 2015 just to keep uninformed people buying the old stock.

Man I am salty right now.

You should've tried living in a pal territory before last gen. Three weeks try six months, or never. We still have't got Crono Cross.

So the Xl doesn't have the colour buttons are no customisable Cover plates, that's a big thing for me, guess I'm going from an Xl to new 3ds

Yagharek

Jesus. Best news in Australia for ages. Let's hope this also marks a coming change in eShop support for smaller titles.

EU and AUS are the same region right?

Think I might contact my Aussie relatives later on and ask them to get hold of one for me.
For cartridges and discs yes, for download codes Oceania is a separate region*. You can still access all the PAL eShops though, provided New 3DS is the same as 3DS and Wii U (but NNID being linked locks you 1 because it sucks).

The Club Nintendo slip might also not be compatible...if there even is one (Wii U doesn't have one requiring NNID link to get the stars).

*-A code bought on game.co.uk won't work on on the Australian eShop. It will work on the UK, German etc...eShop.

xevis

Banned
Yay: New 3DS!
Nay: No enhanced games :(

It's a bit of a weird launch, tbh. Maybe they have some additional announcements coming?

Joey Ravn

Banned
So, yeah. I'm definitely importing... unless NoE somehow announces the release date and price for the New 3DS XL in Europe before Nov. 21. If the difference between buying it here and importing it from Australia is too big, or if the European release date is very early 2015, I guess I'll wait. Otherwise, my New 3DS XL will come from down under.

xevis

Banned
Super Smash Bros. The Amiibo support before 2015 and being able to use the C-stick (Sakurai, more like Sucker i you CCP owners).

I guess. Not quite what I had in mind though. I'm not really the target audience for SSB. I've tried several times to play the Wii version; I just don't get it.

This is legitimately shocking.

Nintendo Australia only got onto social media a couple months ago and now they're doing Directs?!

Edit: Whoa shit we're getting the New 3DS in November?! FUCK YESSSSS
And you'll have a chance to try it in october. Would like to hear detailed impressions from Australia by that time.

virtualS

I've been buying Nintendo product in Australia for over 25 years now.. from the era of Mattel distribution to lazy slow bordered squashed unoptimised PAL dumps to massively overpriced games to missing out on tons of RPGs.. and this is legitimately the first time I've felt Australia not being treated like a second class citizen. Well, this and the time Terranigma was released as a PAL exclusive.

N3DS Before anyone else in the West?

Release date Synched with Pokémon ORAS?

Confirmations for SMT4, PersonaQ, AA:Trilogy, and Xenoblade?

New Guy with a Heavy Japanese Accent Thrusting his hands "Directly" Forward at us?

Aussie Nintendo is now Best Nintendo.

N3DS Before anyone else in the West?

Release date Synched with Pokémon ORAS?

Confirmations for SMT4, PersonaQ, AA:Trilogy, and Xenoblade?

New Guy with a Heavy Japanese Accent Thrusting his hands "Directly" Forward at us?

Aussie Nintendo is now Best Nintendo.
That's not an exageration, this has to beat anything NOA has done for this market going back to the Wii days. Really impressive.

Another cool detail was we got a translation of the Japanese Direct, so we all win.

i-Jest

NA might need a game to launch with it...like Xenoblade. Xenoblade sold the most here right? That might be ideal

I was under the impression it sold better in EUROPE. Don't ask me why. But I wouldn't mind a launch bundle with an exclusive title. Helps to differentiate it from the old 3DS/XL stock in retail spaces.

Chaos17

Why ???

209_s.jpg

lol wat

i was about to get an xl the other day, so glad i waited, so so glad.

"G'day everyone, I'm Tom from Nintendo Australia! Welcome to the first Nintendo Direct from Australia, mate. Today, we have some bonza news for our fans and we are really pleased to boot directly to your bum."
lol, expected but funny still

ITT you can be stereotypical/racist and it's ok because it's Australia.

Seriously these types of shitty jokes always stink. You stink. I'm gonna buy my new3DS like a normal person.
yea but its funny coz its true!

Yep. It's kind of an overload. We're getting the n3DS first and they announced it in an Australian direct. I having trouble as to what to think.
and we seem to be getting better software dates, which has always been the biggest problem, well, second to not getting the game at all i suppose

I've been buying Nintendo product in Australia for over 25 years now.. from the era of Mattel distribution to lazy slow bordered squashed unoptimised PAL dumps to massively overpriced games to missing out on tons of RPGs.. and this is legitimately the first time I've felt Australia not being treated like a second class citizen. Well, this and the time Terranigma was released as a PAL exclusive.
yeah im quite amazed, this shouldn't be happening at all

wow they get the new 3ds THIS year? thats awesome. wish NA was getting it this year too.
murica ain't no pal of mine

Top Bottom