• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2/17

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
That is a fake box art. Idk where you pulled that shit from. Like I said go educate yourself please and do a simple google search. You're really making yourself look stupid.
It is, but it still got a physical release.

LIMITED-RUN-184-JAK-AND-DAXTER-THE-PRECURSOR-LEGACY-COLLECTOR-EDITION-PS4.jpg

It doesn't matter if it's a remaster or just a plain port, the fact is those are rereleased games.

So I made a little stupid mistake, at least I don't post a bunch of piss poor, incredibly entitled, and with double standards filled arguments just for the sake of console warring.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is, but it still got a physical release.

LIMITED-RUN-184-JAK-AND-DAXTER-THE-PRECURSOR-LEGACY-COLLECTOR-EDITION-PS4.jpg

It doesn't matter if it's a remaster or just a plain port, the fact is those are rereleased games.

So I made a little stupid mistake, at least I don't a bunch of piss poor, incredibly entitled, and with double standards filled arguments just for the sake of console warring.
Judging by the reaction to that direct the other day I'm FAR from the only one who is tired of Nintendo's lineup over the past 2 years. And I'm not just talking about the reaction on Gaf. So yeah please go on about how I'm entitled (while you somehow aren't lmao) and am somehow console warring. You people love to use that term for anyone who has legit issues with a company.

Last edited:
Said the Sony fanboy in disguise.

I mentioned facts. Sorry to burst your bubble.
I'm not disguising my love for PlayStation. It's equaled only for my love of Nintendo.

You're the one who feels they must trash one to defend the other.

If you want to list our fandom for either, I can almost guarantee I have more invested into Nintendo than you ever will.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
You people love to use that term for anyone who has legit issues with a company.
Seems like you are completely fine with it though when the other companies are doing it. That's the issue. Not that you criticize a company.

Judging by the reaction to that direct the other day I'm FAR from the only one who is tired of Nintendo's lineup over the past 2 years.
Obviously, you are not, judging by the fact that most people don't give a damn about directs in general though, that there is also a bunch of positive votes for it and the fact the Switch is doing very good, you should accept that there also a lot of people that don't agree with you on this.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to list our fandom for either, I can almost guarantee I have more invested into Nintendo than you ever will.
If you say so.
You're the one who feels they must trash one to defend the other.
Looking at the last few pages it speaks another language. lmfao
Exactly my point. Anyone who has legit criticism with Nintendo is a fanboy of another company or console warring. How pathetic
Do you know what is pathetic? Countless posts with nothing of worth and nothing but console warring. Hypocrite!

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
This dude actually posted up a fake box art for part of his defense LMAO.
Irrelevant, as it still is a port. It was about ports, remasters, rereleases. However, you want to call it, it's of one of those.

R6Rider

Gold Member
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
You told another user to "put his googles on" and there you were pulling a fan made image from deviantart.

You then later claim "You post facts"
It kinda telling that all three of you clowns only go to this very specific mistake I've made, which again is irrelevant as the whole discussion was about ports/remasters/rereleases and alike, instead of finding a compelling argument like the fact there are literally thousands of games to play on Switch right now for anyone to enjoy or the fact that Nintendo already released 30 new games with more to come, or that we're still in February and that it is stupid to judge a year's lineup in the middle of the second month of the year. Not to mention that ports/remasters/rereleases of other companies "don't count".

But hey, someone mistakenly posted a fake box art. Doesn't change the point at all though.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah because listing all the games a company put out in a year is somehow the same as using a fake box art to support your argument. You just keep making yourself look more and more dumb.
See. All you got is the thing with the box art. It was a mistake, I thought it was a real release. Is that all you got you corny ass goofball? LMFAO

It kinda telling that all three of you clowns only go to this very specific mistake I've made, which again is irrelevant as the whole discussion was about ports/remasters/rereleases and alike, instead of finding a compelling like the fact there are literally thousands of games to play on Switch right now for anyone to enjoy or the fact that Nintendo already released 30 new games with more to come, or that we're still in February and that it is stupid to judge a year's lineup in the middle of the second month of the year. Not to mention that ports/remasters/rereleases of other companies "don't count".

But hey, someone mistakenly posted a fake box art. Doesn't change the point at all though.
There's thousands of games on all the consoles right now for people to play. That isn't the argument here. We're talking about the poor output from Nintendo regarding NEW games. They are being judged by the poor year they had last year and from what we know this year which btw is a lot. You say judging in the second month well they just told us what they have pretty much through August and it's a whole lot of nothing outside ports for the most part. A Mario golf game is the lone exception. You think the second half is magically going to be better? Outside of a Pokemon game (which might be another port/remaster) the only other thing you'll likely get is more ports in the form of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
There's thousands of games on all the consoles right now for people to play. That isn't the argument here. We're talking about the poor output from Nintendo regarding NEW games. They are being judged by the poor year they had last year and from what we know this year which btw is a lot. You say judging in the second month well they just told us what they have pretty much through August and it's a whole lot of nothing outside ports for the most part. A Mario golf game is the lone exception. You think the second half is magically going to be better? Outside of a Pokemon game (which might be another port/remaster) the only other thing you'll likely get is more ports in the form of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
You don't know what they have up their sleeves, you don't know what games will get announced, those are tales from your ass. The fact they announced games for later that year is irrelevant as it doesn't exclude the possibility of new announcements, which will definitely come.
There are third-party exclusives, indie exclusives, and generally a wide lineup of games. Nintendo released new games and they will continue to do so. There are exclusives in the next few months: NMH 3, Mario Golf, 2 Monster Hunter games, Knockout City, Famicom Club, Bravely Default 2, Ghosts'n Goblins, World's End Club, Story of Seasons, Pokemon Snap, Axion Verge 2 is a console exclusive, among others. There are new games to play.

Nintendo hasn't shown everything or do you seriously believe they've used all their ammo in the second month of the year? Not realistic at all.

First, this was about Nintendo releasing too many ports and not enough new games and there not being enough games to play on the Switch, now it's about the reception of 2020 (which was a shitty year in general for most people and most companies) and this new direct.
If you didn't like their output that's fine, but don't act like they don't release any new games and especially don't act like other companies were never in a drought like Nintendo was in 2020 before.

And you know what, I'll make a bet that Nintendo will have a fantastic new direct (or e3 presentation) coming later that year. If not, I'll gladly bite the crow and take a temporary ban.

Also Captain Toad Captain Toad , more like Maggot Toad, you wanted new games, those are the new games. 30 new games, a bunch of ports, and 3 remakes are not a bad lineup for 5 years at all.

You don't what they have up their sleeves, you don't know what games will get announced, those are tales from your ass. The fact they announced games for later that year is irrelevant as it doesn't exclude the possibility of new announcements, which will definitely come.
There are third-party exclusives, indie exclusives, and generally a wide lineup of games. Nintendo released new games and they will continue to do so. There are exclusives in the next few months: NMH 3, Mario Golf, 2 Monster Hunter games, Knockout City, Famicom Club, Bravely Default 2, Ghosts'n Goblins, World's End Club, Story of Seasons, Pokemon Snap, Axion Verge 2 is a console exclusive, among others. There are new games to play.

Nintendo hasn't shown everything or do you seriously believe they've used all their ammo in the second month of the year? Not realistic at all.

First, this was about Nintendo releasing too many ports and not enough new games and there not being enough games to play on the Switch, now it's about the reception of 2020 (which was a shitty year in general for most people and most companies) and this new direct.
If you didn't like their output that's fine, but don't act like they don't release any new games and especially don't act like other companies were never in a drought like Nintendo was in 2020 before.

And you know what, I'll make a bet that Nintendo will have a fantastic new direct (or e3 presentation) coming later that year. If not, I'll gladly bite the crow and take a temporary ban.

Also Captain Toad Captain Toad , more like Maggot Toad, you wanted new games, those are the new games. 30 new games, a bunch of ports, and 3 remakes are not a bad lineup for 5 years at all.
So now you're using third party games as an excuse for Nintendo's poor lineup and reliance on ports. More pathetic excuses. Btw Knockout City isn't exclusive. It's a F2P EA game coming to all systems. Axiom Verge 2 is a timed exclusive too, not full. Stuff like Ghost's n Goblins and World's End Club are so niche they aren't worth mentioning. Literally games that come and go without anyone talking about them. I'm not going to talk about the rest because the argument was around NINTENDO'S output, not third parties

Yes they've used all their ammo for the first 7 months as they just told you everything. They aren't going to come out in April and say "Guess what Breath of the Wild 2 is coming out in June." This was your first half of 2021 lineup. That was the purpose of that Direct. They'll come back in June with a look at the Fall which like I said will likely just be more ports b/c you aren't getting BotW2, Bayo 3, or anything else NEW worthwhile this year.

Last edited:
Mario 3D World being the lone exception as they actually did some work and gave us 4 hours of new content.
Not sure how long I played for, but it was probably around 8+ hours for 100%. Switch won't tell me how long i've played yet but the game is longer than the press suggested. Not that they even play games unless it's at mach 10 to churn out a review lol.
Yes they've used all their ammo for the first 7 months as they just told you everything. They aren't going to come out in April and say "Guess what Breath of the Wild 2 is coming out in June." This was your first half of 2021 lineup.
Actually Nintendo frequently does just that. Paper Mario came out within the same month it was announced, they've been holding to show footage until games are more close to release lately. Right now, we've got just No more heroes for the year, but i'm certain there will be more.

Last edited:
Not sure how long I played for, but it was probably around 8+ hours for 100%. Switch won't tell me how long i've played yet but the game is longer than the press suggested. Not that they even play games unless it's at mach 10 to churn out a review lol.

Actually Nintendo frequently does just that. Paper Mario came out within the same month it was announced, they've been holding to show footage until games are more close to release lately. Right now, we've got just No more heroes for the year, but i'm certain there will be more.
I mean we'll see but I don't have much faith after that Direct. They said they'll come back later this year to talk about BotW2 hopefully. That doesn't instill confidence that it's coming this year. I can already picture their lineup this fall. A Pokemon remaster/remake in November and Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD in September/October. Very similar to last year.

I mean we'll see but I don't have much faith after that Direct. They said they'll come back later this year to talk about BotW2 hopefully. That doesn't instill confidence that it's coming this year. I can already picture their lineup this fall. A Pokemon remaster/remake in November and Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD in September/October. Very similar to last year.
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath on Zelda for this year, but i'm sure they're waiting to show stuff that will release this year.

I know it's been beaten to death, but maybe they're waiting to reveal a new model of switch for some of those games. If e3 is dark, expect the worst lol.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
So now you're using third party games as an excuse for Nintendo's poor lineup and reliance on ports. More pathetic excuses. Btw Knockout City isn't exclusive. It's a F2P EA game coming to all systems. Axiom Verge 2 is a timed exclusive too, not full. Stuff like Ghost's n Goblins and World's End Club are so niche they aren't worth mentioning. Literally games that come and go without anyone talking about them. I'm not going to talk about the rest because the argument was around NINTENDO'S output, not third parties
Again, 30 new games, a bunch of ports, and 3 remakes are not a bad lineup for 5 years at all.

It's not an excuse, it just shows that there is definitely enough stuff to play and as you aren't happy with anything related to Nintendo or the Switch and expect them to release a new BoTW each and every year like an entitled little brat, I just wanted to remind you that the vast majority of Switch owners is very happy with their purchase and definitely has enough games to play on. So we had one terrible year that was a drought... so? That's happening to each and every one of the big three. It happened to Sony, it happened to Microsoft, it happened to Nintendo and it will continue to happen. You are again acting like this is some sort of rarety. It is not. It happens. It happens in all of entertainment. It is not an obscure concept at all.

If niche games count or don't count is up to preference. Puppeteer is also not exactly a game with wide appeal, don't you think?
Knockout City is by the guys that made Mario Kart Live, so maybe it's not exclusive but probably the marketing is on the Switch with this one.
Axiom Verge will get most of its sales from the Switch, I bet on that.

Speaking off, you up for it? Because I am dead fucking serious, there will be a direct later that year and it's going to be fantastic because your guess...

They'll come back in June with a look at the Fall which like I said will likely just be more ports b/c you aren't getting BotW2, Bayo 3, or anything else NEW worthwhile this year

...is as good as mine and I genuinely believe they will end this year on a strong note. You may think there is nothing worth coming. Well, that's your guess. Doesn't have to be true. So yeah, accept the bet or don't, I am ready to eat crow if it turns out in your favor, otherwise, I got nothing to tell you anymore because I don't enjoy talking to a wall that keeps on spouting the same nonsense.

Again, 30 new games, a bunch of ports, and 3 remakes are not a bad lineup for 5 years at all.

It's not an excuse, it just shows that there is definitely enough stuff to play and as you aren't happy with anything related to Nintendo or the Switch and expect them to release a new BoTW each and every year like an entitled little brat, I just wanted to remind you that the vast majority of Switch owners is very happy with their purchase and definitely has enough games to play on. So we had one terrible year that was a drought... so? That's happening to each and every one of the big three. It happened to Sony, it happened to Microsoft, it happened to Nintendo and it will continue to happen. You are again acting like this is some sort of rarety. It is not. It happens. It happens in all of entertainment. It is not an obscure concept at all.

If niche games count or don't count is up to preference. Puppeteer is also not exactly a game with wide appeal, don't you think?
Knockout City is by the guys that made Mario Kart Live, so maybe it's not exclusive but probably the marketing is on the Switch with this one.
Axiom Verge will get most of its sales from the Switch, I bet on that.

Speaking off, you up for it? Because I am dead fucking serious, there will be a direct later that year and it's going to be fantastic because your guess...

...is as good as mine and I genuinely believe they will end this year on a strong note. You may think there is nothing worth coming. Well, that's your guess. Doesn't have to be true. So yeah, accept the bet or don't, I am ready to eat crow if it turns out in your favor, otherwise, I got nothing to tell you anymore because I don't enjoy talking to a wall that keeps on spouting the same nonsense.
Wanting NEW games each year is not wanting a BotW each year. And no a drought is not currently happening to each of the big 3. Sony has had stacked lineups for 5+ years now including 2020 so COVID isn't an excuse.

Anyway, I'm done with you as you keep bringing up third party and indie games which wasn't the point of this discussion. Enjoy playing ports of games that already played the rest of this year b/c watch and see that's about all you'll get. Going to be another dry year for new games waiting for the real stuff to come in 2022

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
And no a drought is not currently happening to each of the big 3.
If this is the case, then why even complain, to begin with?

2020 was a drought for Nintendo. I absolutely see the complaints about the year. They had 4 new games in total and relied heavily on the success of Animal Crossing. All true. Even with the ports, it was just so-so at best. However, as already pointed out several times, there are new games coming. They keep releasing new games. 30+ in total, about 15+ ports, and about 3+ remakes resulting in 48+ games in total which makes it 9,6 games a year. That's very decent, and again, for most people the ports a new games. Meaning, they don't give a fuck if they are ports or not.

And even with 2020 being as bad as it was, I don't think 2021 will be the same as it already looks much better, and...
Enjoy playing ports of games that already played the rest of this year b/c watch and see that's about all you'll get. Going to be another dry year for new games waiting for the real stuff to come in 2022
...I'll take this as you accepting the bet. Maybe we should get a mod involved for further negotiations?

Also Captain Toad Captain Toad Captain Toad Captain Toad , more like Maggot Toad, you wanted new games, those are the new games. 30 new games, a bunch of ports, and 3 remakes are not a bad lineup for 5 years at all.

Um, good burn.

When did I say Switch has no games? You're lumping me in with someone else. Like I keep telling you, I'm a huge Switch fan. Hell, we have six Switch consoles in household.

I just don't see why you have to trash PlayStation to defend Nintendo.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
If 2021 isn't even getting Breath of the Wild 2 then what's Nintendo's big game? On the plus side, I feel like they might extend the lifespan of the Switch to scoop up as many games onto the system as possible. It's worth pointing out that Switch is the successor to both the handheld and the console lines, so Nintendo needs it to last longer.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't see why you have to trash PlayStation to defend Nintendo.
If I trash Sony (which I don't, if saying Souls games aren't AAA and disliking The Order and Killzone: SF equals to trashing the company as a whole, then seriously wth?), then you guys are trashing Nintendo and put them into an unreasonable realm of overblown expectations.

Would you say something different if I "defend" Sony and "trash" Nintendo? As this is a far bigger probability on GAF this may be even the case.

SinDelta

Root all these Nintendo hate in NoeGAF comes from "graphics".......in here graphics has bigger value over anything else, nothing else matters to them.
Not graphics. Nintendo can certainly make amazing looking games like Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild. Monster Hunter Rise on the Switch looks unreal.

Most of the issues I have with Skyward Sword are based on its terrible mechanics and pacing.

There are measures they could do with the remake to make it better yes.

To fix the flaws that are interwoven into the game itself? You might as well make a new Zelda. Hell that's what Nintendo did with Breath of the Wild, they went in the opposite direction from Skyward Sword (while only keeping a few major things like stamina.)

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Okay,
so let's recapitulate some general complaints:
  • Nintendo releases too many ports
  • Nintendo doesn't release enough new games
  • Nintendo should release at least one AAA game per year

First, we should recapitulate what even is AAA.

AAA means "best credit rating", so in the context of video games, it means most expensive productions. It points out the budget of the game. It has nothing to with the quality of the game. A bad game can be AAA. A niche game can be good.

A game can also be a heavy hitter, meaning a big success and very popular, without being AAA. Fortnite is such a game. Minecraft is another.

Let's compare Sonys's 2015 with Nintendo's 2020:

They had Bloodborne and Until Dawn. Bloodborne had a bigger budget than previous games of the Souls franchise, so I give it the benefit of the doubt and count it in as an AAA production. They had The Order, which is technical of high production, but it was a rush job and not exactly a good game. To be fair I'll still count it as AAA. All in all, Sony had 3 AAA games of varying quality, a remaster collection (Uncharted Collection), remasters (God of War 3 and Tearaway Unfolded), smaller titles(Helldivers and Fat Princess). There also was MLB: The Show(AA, new title), Gravity Rush Remastered, Beyond: Two Souls (port), Everybody's Gone to the Rapture(a new game, small), Fat Princess Adventures (a new game, small), Guns Up! (a new game, small) and Super Stardust Ultra (remaster, smaller title).

Nintendo had Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE (a remaster), Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX(a remake, A or below), Animal Crossing: New Horizons(a new title, not AAA, but a quality release. I'll count it as AA), Xenoblade Chronicles: Definite Edition(a remake), Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics(a new smaller title, below A), Paper Mario: The Origami King(new original title, AA), Super Mario 3D All-Stars (remaster collection), Pikmin 3 Deluxe(a remaster), Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (a new game, AA).

Sony got more total games (a total of 15 games vs. 9 by Nintendo), more remasters/ports/remakes (6 vs. 5), more smaller titles (5 vs. 2), and more new games as well (9 vs. 4).

Sony also got more AAA games, but as already mentioned before, a game doesn't need to be AAA to be a good quality release or to be successful. So let's move over to the quality of these games and compare them. For that, I'll bring out Metacritic. I don't use Metacritic to determine the quality of a game, because it is a shitty way to judge a game. I'll do it now, as it is an easy way to get a general consensus and I will not look for hours through the internet for that. This doesn't mean my opinion on any of those games is the same, so here we go:

Nintendo got an average score of 72,5. Sony got an average score of 58,82. Even when taking into consideration, that Sony released more games, this should tell you something. I'll still do it: Sony had a total of 8 games with an average score of 80 or above. Nintendo had 7.

This is the whole problem and the hypocritical nature of all of this. Remakes/Remasters and ports are fine when Sony does them, but woe if Nintendo does it. Smaller titles are fine when Sony does it, but woe if Nintendo does it. Funny enough the consensus tells us that Nintendo could still match Sony with quality releases, despite Sony releasing way more titles that year. And Sony had both better and worse years than 2015, just as Nintendo had worse and better years than 2020. That's very comparable in my opinion. Every company has droughts, every company has ups and downs. That's normal, especially in the entertainment industry.

With that being said, I do understand that the direct was disappointing to a lot of people (and mediocre and decent to others), but this is partly to blame on completely unrealistic and overblown expectations by a lot of people, and partly to blame on Nintendo’s poor policy of delivering information to the consumer. It wasn’t the greatest direct, but it also wasn’t a shit show. It was okay. Middling. If you had your expectations in check, there was a lot to like and in the end, it still gave me hope, that 2021 will be a much better year for Nintendo than 2020. There will be another big Nintendo Direct and one centered around Pokemon for example. I also expect a continuation of Mini Directs and shadow drops as they did with Paper Mario for example. It is foolish to judge their entire lineup of the year in February. There is definitely much more to come out and an intention to do more than what they did last year.

PS: If someone got hurt by my words, then I apologize. Sometimes I get too much into this and see everything as some sort of competition. I am sorry for that.

D.Final

Banned
Okay,
so let's recapitulate some general complaints:
  • Nintendo releases too many ports
  • Nintendo doesn't release enough new games
  • Nintendo should release at least one AAA game per year

First, we should recapitulate what even is AAA.

AAA means "best credit rating", so in the context of video games, it means most expensive productions. It points out the budget of the game. It has nothing to with the quality of the game. A bad game can be AAA. A niche game can be good.

A game can also be a heavy hitter, meaning a big success and very popular, without being AAA. Fortnite is such a game. Minecraft is another.

Let's compare Sonys's 2015 with Nintendo's 2020:

They had Bloodborne and Until Dawn. Bloodborne had a bigger budget than previous games of the Souls franchise, so I give it the benefit of the doubt and count it in as an AAA production. They had The Order, which is technical of high production, but it was a rush job and not exactly a good game. To be fair I'll still count it as AAA. All in all, Sony had 3 AAA games of varying quality, a remaster collection (Uncharted Collection), remasters (God of War 3 and Tearaway Unfolded), smaller titles(Helldivers and Fat Princess). There also was MLB: The Show(AA, new title), Gravity Rush Remastered, Beyond: Two Souls (port), Everybody's Gone to the Rapture(a new game, small), Fat Princess Adventures (a new game, small), Guns Up! (a new game, small) and Super Stardust Ultra (remaster, smaller title).

Nintendo had Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE (a remaster), Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX(a remake, A or below), Animal Crossing: New Horizons(a new title, not AAA, but a quality release. I'll count it as AA), Xenoblade Chronicles: Definite Edition(a remake), Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics(a new smaller title, below A), Paper Mario: The Origami King(new original title, AA), Super Mario 3D All-Stars (remaster collection), Pikmin 3 Deluxe(a remaster), Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (a new game, AA).

Sony got more total games (a total of 15 games vs. 9 by Nintendo), more remasters/ports/remakes (6 vs. 5), more smaller titles (5 vs. 2), and more new games as well (9 vs. 4).

Sony also got more AAA games, but as already mentioned before, a game doesn't need to be AAA to be a good quality release or to be successful. So let's move over to the quality of these games and compare them. For that, I'll bring out Metacritic. I don't use Metacritic to determine the quality of a game, because it is a shitty way to judge a game. I'll do it now, as it is an easy way to get a general consensus and I will not look for hours through the internet for that. This doesn't mean my opinion on any of those games is the same, so here we go:

Nintendo got an average score of 72,5. Sony got an average score of 58,82. Even when taking into consideration, that Sony released more games, this should tell you something. I'll still do it: Sony had a total of 8 games with an average score of 80 or above. Nintendo had 7.

This is the whole problem and the hypocritical nature of all of this. Remakes/Remasters and ports are fine when Sony does them, but woe if Nintendo does it. Smaller titles are fine when Sony does it, but woe if Nintendo does it. Funny enough the consensus tells us that Nintendo could still match Sony with quality releases, despite Sony releasing way more titles that year. And Sony had both better and worse years than 2015, just as Nintendo had worse and better years than 2020. That's very comparable in my opinion. Every company has droughts, every company has ups and downs. That's normal, especially in the entertainment industry.

With that being said, I do understand that the direct was disappointing to a lot of people (and mediocre and decent to others), but this is partly to blame on completely unrealistic and overblown expectations by a lot of people, and partly to blame on Nintendo’s poor policy of delivering information to the consumer. It wasn’t the greatest direct, but it also wasn’t a shit show. It was okay. Middling. If you had your expectations in check, there was a lot to like and in the end, it still gave me hope, that 2021 will be a much better year for Nintendo than 2020. There will be another big Nintendo Direct and one centered around Pokemon for example. I also expect a continuation of Mini Directs and shadow drops as they did with Paper Mario for example. It is foolish to judge their entire lineup of the year in February. There is definitely much more to come out and an intention to do more than what they did last year.

PS: If someone got hurt by my words, then I apologize. Sometimes I get too much into this and see everything as some sort of competition. I am sorry for that.
Wow

Damn, that direct was dreadful.

Speaking of LGBTQ what did you think of this?

LGBTQ.png

This is just the usual mentally ill Western journalist seeing something that's not there. call me when we see a Nintendo game with full blown raw anal fucking like this.

03dTAcr.jpg

Meanwhile at Nintendo....

7KhOT1X.jpg

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
This is just the usual mentally ill Western journalist seeing something that's not there. call me when we see a Nintendo game with full blown raw anal fucking like this.

03dTAcr.jpg

Meanwhile at Nintendo....

7KhOT1X.jpg
2019... Thats a long time ago.

Face it boy, Nintendo has become the biggest LGBTQ supporter and as a nintendo fan you are obliged to support them too otherwise you are a traitor.

Top Bottom