• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.12.5 - Dec. 5th, 6AM EST (JP), 12 PM EST (NA), 5PM GMT

As a nintendo fan, I'm used to post launch droughts. Except this time we never got that one great game from Nintendo. With Wii I at least had Zelda :/

Gamecube launched with Luigi's Mansion, which was great but horribly short, and the Wii launched with a quickly ported gamecube zelda game

You'd have to go back to the N64 to have nintendo launch a console with a big, fan pleasing game they specifically made for it.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Pikmin 3 delays don't bother me as it will have to last a long time before we see another and I want it to be perfect. More control options and I hope, hope, hope they get some online modes in there, which would greatly extend its play time.

Buys a Wii U this year. No games until next year! FML Boo Nintendo! For a company that only focus on video games they are terrible at releasing games on time.

Bullza2o

I think Reggie begged NOE to delay their FE release, or else he'll get bashed a lot lol.
NOE had a better direct, but hopefully NOA shows more Animal Crossing (and a date) soon.

MrT-Tar

I actually quite liked today's Nintendo Directs personally, would've liked a Bravely Default localisation announcement though

WiiU lineup is horrid, goddamn. I never expected them to hold their BS launch window promise, but this is worse than I've imagined. Of all games, some delayed Wii Pikmin has to fill the gaps in summer... wow.
If E3 isn't amazing, this console can be considered subpar.

Mato

Does the lighting in many Wii U games seem superior to PS360 or is it just me. Nintendo Land and Pikmin 3 for example. Maybe it has to do with the rather conservative use of geometry.

weredog

Neo Member
_Lots of dates, and Harmoknight, ePicross2 and Tokyo Crash Mobs localization announcement. No previously unknown software, though._

I guess it was too much to think those massive updates today were actually anything other than system stability updates.

:(

wsippel

Banned
Well, that was about as uneventful as expected. Still, Zen Pinball 2 this month is nice, even if it isn't all that surprising.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
EU Nintendo Direct info for those who missed it. Looks like Pikmin 3 delayed again.

Wii U

- LEGO City Undercover - Early 2013. Special LEGO City sets have codes to unlock items in-game.
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - January 11th
- Scribblenauts Unlimited - published by Nintendo in EU - February 8th
- Sing Party - January 18th
- Pikmin 3 - Q2 2013
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - March 2013 for Wii U & 3DS

Wii U eShop

- Zen Pinball 2 Wii U - Dec 2012 - Free with one table. Other tables are DLC. Play on GamePad or TV
- Little Inferno. Already out.
- Chasing Aurora - Already out.
- Panaroma View - Spring 2013
- Google Streetview for Wii U

3DS

- Animal Crossing - Q2 2013
- Paper Mario - Dec 7th
- Luigi's Mansion 2 - March 2013
- Devilish Brain Training - March 8th 2013
- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate - March 2013
- Fire Emblem: Awakening - April 2013

3DS eShop

- NSMB 2 DLC - Already out.
- HarmoKnight - March 2013
- Picross-e 2 - January 2013
- Tokyo Crash Mobs - January 17th
- Hydroventure Spin Cycle - Dec 13th
- Wario Land 3 - Out now on 3DS VC

Hero

I expected no announcements from this, but to put shit into perspective.

The Wonderful 101 - Developed by Platinum, partnered with Nintendo
Pikmin 3 - Internally developed at Nintendo
Lego City Undercover - Developed by TT Fusion, partnered with Nintendo
Game & Wario - Developed by Intelligent Systems, subsidiary of Nintendo
Wii Fit U - Developed internally at Nintendo
Sing Party - Developed by FreeStyleGames, partnered with Nintendo, and effectively finished
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Developed by Intelligent Systems, subsidiary of Nintendo, effectively finished sans language localisation
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - Developed by Next Level Games, partnered with Nintendo
Animal Crossing: New Lea - Developed internally at Nintendo, effectively finished sans language localisation
Brain Age: Concentration Training - Developed internally at Nintendo, effectively finished sans language localisation

This is the current line-up of software for the Wii U and 3DS for Q1/Q2. I know Nintendo likes to shit on their software these days, but I'm expecting an onslaught of new shit at E3. Like, fucking tons. Because they've basically got massive holes at this point.

Yeah, the floodgates better open on E3. Pikmin 3 being delayed to Q2 infuriates me. They better be adding a robust online mode to justify that. But they won't because they're assholes.

boiled goose

good with gravy
post launch drought here wii come!!

... seriously, besides Rayman, seems like there is nothing. What happened to Aliens: CM? Isn't it also February?

Mon-Feb would be a good time for some ports like Re6 and what not to WiiU. At least to fill in the gaps...

JavyOO7

I want Pikmin 3 to be as good as it can be. So if it means more and more delays until it can eventually be released then I'm up for that. I've been waiting for this third one for quite a while now, so what's a few more months?

AniHawk

WiiU lineup is horrid, goddamn. I never expected them to hold their BS launch window promise, but this is worse than I've imagined. Of all games, some delayed Wii Pikmin has to fill the gaps in summer... wow.
If E3 isn't amazing, this console can be considered subpar.

e3 would have to be amazing to consider it subpar. right now it's downright abysmal. rayman legends is probably the highest profile game coming out until pikmin, and pikmin is the highest profile nintendo game coming out for what, eight months? god damn.

post launch drought here wii come!!

... seriously, besides Rayman, seems like there is nothing. What happened to Aliens: CM? Isn't it also February?

Mon-Feb would be a good time for some ports like Re6 and what not to WiiU. At least to fill in the gaps...

I think those third party games are still coming. At least I assume so. Strange Nintendo wouldn't highlight any of them.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
If Wii U was getting 9/10 of the big releases for PS3/360 than few would complain... but as it is we are missing titles like Bio.Infinite, Tomb Raider, South Park, Splinter Cell, etc.

wsippel

Banned
If Wii U was getting 9/10 of the big releases for PS3/360 than few would complain... but as it is we are missing titles like Bio.Infinite, Tomb Raider, South Park, Splinter Cell, etc.
The weird thing is that at least half the games you mentioned are seemingly coming. They simply don't get announced for some completely unthinkable reason. I really don't get it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Pretty much this. They desperately need a ton of third party stuff to plug in these gaps otherwise it's gonna be long 2013.

Top Bottom