• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.4.21 - Apr. 20th, 11PM EDT [Done]

...But where is Paper Mario 3DS IS?
qge8e.gif

I'd be very surprised if New Super Mario Bros. Mii is actually coming out.

It's from Kotaku so grain of salt and all:

http://kotaku.com/5902458/nintendos-bringing-new-wii-u-pikmin-and-mario-to-e3

Update: Nintendo has responded. "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo. This is based on the Mario experience that was demonstrated at last year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."

Would they really release two NSMB games within a year?

They released SMG 2 only about 5 or 6 months after NSMB Wii so don't see why two 2D Mario platforms on two different systems is such a stretch, that and factoring how they need all guns firing for Wii U launch.

Levyne

Banned
Maybe intelligent systems just needs to get Fire Emblem out the door then they can focus on Paper Mario? I don't know how big they are.

It's from Kotaku so grain of salt and all:

http://kotaku.com/5902458/nintendos-...nd-mario-to-e3

They released SMG 2 only about 5 or 6 months after NSMB Wii so don't see why two 2D Mario platforms on two different systems is such a stretch, that and factoring how they need all guns firing for Wii U launch.

That Kotaku quote is about a Super Mario Bros game that is new, not a New Super Mario Bros. game.

EDIT: Disregard this. I misread.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
No, I'm not talking about the sensitivity settings/ground gameplay. I mean when they showed the flying level in two windows. In one of them the background was moving faster.

You fly faster when you don't shoot. You are also able to do near-misses and dodge projectiles without shooting, that's what that segment was showing. The whole thing was a tips video, basically.

NeonZ

You fly faster when you don't shoot. You are also able to do near-misses and dodge projectiles without shooting, that's what that segment was showing. The whole thing was a tips video, basically.

Really? Never noticed the flying bit before...

Between this and DLC (if this was DS it would have been free) I wouldn't care much if this isn't localized by NoA.

If this were the DS, he wouldn't appear in the game at all. I didn't see Nintendo bringing back characters from unrelated FEs as bonuses in any game before this one. You've still got 120 free characters from past titles anyway (although not unique classes and models, that's only for the paid ones).

sixclaws

Banned
Ugh, hate this anime look. What have they done to you Roy?
Between this and DLC (if this was DS it would have been free) I wouldn't care much if this isn't localized by NoA.

The DLC is free for the first month.

Edit: Actually not positive on the Roy and Leaf ones being free. We do know that the Marth one is free for a month.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Really? Never noticed the flying bit before....

Palutena mentions it during the flying section of the first chapter, about going into a glide when you aren't shooting. It's probably less than helpful on the high intensities, i think.

zroid

Banned
I'm interested in how these 3DS apps/games will supposedly connect to the DS B2W2.

Perhaps the system update will allow things like persistent wi-fi connection and/or access to the home menu while playing DS games.

It was a good Nintendo Direct. I got more than I thought we were gonna get with the Mario Kart 7 patch and the New Super Mario Bros. 2 announcement.

I know the big guns are saved for E3 though. A month and half away my friends.

I always thought Eliwood needed more love. The forgotten lord of Blazing Sword :(

It's Intelligent System's fault for making him a mounted unit. Mounted Lords are awesome in utility in game, but never animated as well as ground units or well, looked as cool.

Just noticed...is Roy holding his sheath on his belt reversed like Saitou in Kenshin? :O

It was a good Nintendo Direct. I got more than I thought we were gonna get with the Mario Kart 7 patch and the New Super Mario Bros. 2 announcement.

I know the big guns are saved for E3 though. A month and half away my friends.

I dunno I kinda get the feeling that e3 will be wiiU time, and the 3ds will be shuffled to the side.

Levyne

Banned
It's Intelligent System's fault for making him a mounted unit. Mounted Lords are awesome in utility in game, but never animated as well as ground units are well, looked as cool.

Just noticed...is Roy holding his sheath reversed like Saitou in Kenshin? :O

If this is referring to Eliwood, yeah kind of a lame promotion. Disliked the promotions of Erika and Ephraim in Sacred Stones as well.

Tookay

At least I can call a spade a spade. Am I supposed to get hyped for folders?

lol you even purposefully misrepresented what I said and left out my caveat where I acknowledged how lame it was to be excited over it. The difference is, that I can EXPLAIN my mixed feelings or disappointment versus making some generic blanket statement.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
3DS will get its fair share of E3 love. Even though WiiU is coming it's still important to keep the 3DS train going steady.

Even if 3DS is just a stream of release dates for things like Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and MonHun, I will be good with it.

Top Bottom