• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Announcement Tomorrow?

Are we getting a Nintendo Direct announcement tomorrow 6/13?

• Yes

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 55 76.4%

• Total voters
Do you guys think Nintendo will announce a Direct tomorrow? If not, when do you think?

I feel like its time and there has been alot of speculation about tomorrow yet now there is murmurs of a direct at the end of the month.

Personally Summer Gamefest and the XBOX showcase didnt have much games Im interested in so Im banking alot on this next direct.
EClYnIX.jpg

Edit...

I see you mean the announcement for tomorrow. Thought you meant like it'll be tomorrow ha

Last edited:

The_hunter

I don't think we will get a direct, they have been announcing game releases independently. Will probably get a direct in august.

Fire emblem three hopes, xenoblade 3 and mario strikers over the summer, and splatoon in September. I just don't see a direct happening.

Last edited:

Andyliini

More news for Dragon Quest Treasures was promised for June. Since it was not in Xbox Showcase, nor does Square-Enix hold a press conference outside of FFVII, there is a huge chance it will be featured in a Direct. Not to say the Direct will arrive next week at all, but there is definitely smoke.

ManaByte

There's nothing in November aside from Pokemon. They usually have a Zelda or Mario title. Bayonetta 3 is supposedly this year. The list goes on. Could show the BotW2 title reveal.
Pokémon is the big November game this year. They even have it in the pre-Black Friday release date.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if they do they better give us some BOTW2 infos! surely they can tell us the title and what season of 23 it's out. i hope it's around Spring.

Quasicat

Alanah Pearce saying the 29th. Interesting. Am I the only one surprised that everyone on Twitter is 100% running with her info? Didn’t know she’s a good source for Nintendo news.
She may have contacts from when she worked at IGN, but doesn’t she work for Sony Santa Monica now?

Plus, the 29th is when Nintendo’s shareholders meet. I know the Direct would be on the 30th in Japan time, but this is still not something they have ever done in the past.

When something of Nintendos leaks, they seem to spite the leak and either cancel or change the date of said thing. Like the Zelda series that was canceled because the news leaked, I think for netflix? So if the 29th is supposed to be the date, I can see them changing it just in spite lol

Banjo64

cumsessed
Do you guys think Nintendo will announce a Direct tomorrow? If not, when do you think?

I feel like its time and there has been alot of speculation about tomorrow yet now there is murmurs of a direct at the end of the month.

Personally Summer Gamefest and the XBOX showcase didnt have much games Im interested in so Im banking alot on this next direct.
EClYnIX.jpg
Don’t see what surprise Nintendo can have in store. Their 2021 is fairly packed. I hope they do one anyway as they normally announce a lot of third party stuff.

SCB3

She may have contacts from when she worked at IGN, but doesn’t she work for Sony Santa Monica now?

Plus, the 29th is when Nintendo’s shareholders meet. I know the Direct would be on the 30th in Japan time, but this is still not something they have ever done in the past.
I think she’s freelance with them as she can just write and then do her own thing still

But yea she’s not really known for this kind of thing either, I still say Wednesday will be the direct, Announcement today or tomorrow

They don’t have much of a Strong line up post Summer so maybe a September/late July after XB3 and Splatoon are out or close to release

Banjo64

cumsessed
Coming up to 3 years since Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair launched, and since A Hat in Time launched on Switch. Would be really interested to see what Playtonic and Gears for Breakfast have been working on. It’s probably still too early though.

00_Zer0

Alanah goes on to say that she knows the date of the direct but won't leak any thing in it, which she thinks is shitty. Is she satyng she thinks it's shitty that she can't leak this rest, or that it is going to be a shitty direct? Hmm...

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Alana goes on to say that she knows the date of the direct but won't leak any thing in it, which she thinks is shitty. It's she dating she thinks it's shitty that she can't leak this rest, or that i is going to be a shitty direct? Hmm...
Obviously the former. It's shitty to ruin marketing plans for something coming out extremely soon.

00_Zer0

Yeah, so far most of the summer game announcements have been pretty lackluster. I hope Nintendo suprises us with a BOTW 2 trailer, a new 2.5D-3D DK game, or a new 3D Mario game. I also would love to see a Zelda Oralce of Ages and Seasons remake shown, an all in one type game, in the style of the Links Awakening remake. A release date and trailer for the Metroid Prime remake/remaster would be sweet too. Also, forgot about the Goldeneye remaster...I hope we see the remastered version of the game release on both Switch and XBox with crossplatform play. If Nintendo announces just the N64 release for Nintendo Switch online I will be disappointed, especially since the remaster betters the original in every way. If 2 or 3 off these things turn out to be true it would already be better than anything I've seen announced so far from either Sony or MS.

blacktout

Why tomorrow?

Traditionally Nintendo holds thier Direct the Tuesday of E3 week, which would be tomorrow if E3 were a thing this year. You also see some publishers (Microsoft, Capcom) sticking to their traditional E3 schedule, even without E3.

That said, seems pretty clear at this point that Nintendo has no desire to stick to tradition for its own sake and we'll probably get the Direct sometime later this month.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
It's happening this week. E3 was canceled so late (end of March) that Nintendo would have already been working on their showcase. They have always been at E3 and even with E3 being canceled they'll keep to their schedule. I don't know if the Direct will be announced tomorrow, but the timing makes sense.

Smasher89

Annoncement tomorrow, airs on thursday, that said, its still strange they usually hype these up already in april, and its not even radio silence now, concidering they do release more and more xenoblade 3 character and enviroment videos and other stuff as well.

Top Bottom