• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

MegaMelon

I'd love to see a localisation announcement for Ace Attorney 6, Monster Hunter Cross or Shin Megami Tensei IV Final, although it's quite unlikely.

NeonZ

Concept art has been shown with locales and areas resembling nothing in Kalos.
The names and logos bear no thematic relevance to anything in X and Y.

There's the Sun dial in-game which is related to mega evolution, and the moon dials which were only mentioned by dialogue as existing elsewhere. There was also that traveler character from an unknown region that was explicitly said to not be any of the known ones.

Of course, this whole "6.5" stuff is stupid. Even Sun/Moon turns out similar to Johto, that continued the Rocket stuff from Kanto and even had the character going there later, it'd still be a new gen.

L~A

I'd love to see a localisation announcement for Ace Attorney 6, Monster Hunter Cross or Shin Megami Tensei IV Final, although it's quite unlikely.

Ace Attorney 6 already has its EU and NA release confirmed.

SMTIV is 100% guaranteed to be localised, and Atlus is most definitely waiting for something (deal with Nintendo/Fire Emblem?) before announcing it.

Ace Attorney 6 already has its EU and NA release confirmed.

SMTIV is 100% guaranteed to be localised, and Atlus is most definitely waiting for something (deal with Nintendo/Fire Emblem?)

#FE/SMTIV would be smart, though I don't know if they're willing to do a cross-platform thing.

Oddduck

So these are the officially announced or heavily rumoured upcoming Nintendo games.

Wii U
- Pokkén Tournament – March 18th 2016.
- Genei Ibun Roku #FE – Released JPN. 2016 NA, EU.
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD – March 4th 2016 for EU and NA. March 10th for JPN.
- Star Fox Zero – April 21st 2016 for JPN. April 22nd 2016 for NA. April 2016 for EU. Note: Rumour has it that it may be delayed again.
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games – June 2016 for NA. 2016 for JPN, EU.
- Mother 3 – Not officially announced but heavily rumored.
- Paper Mario – Not officially announced but heavily rumored.
- Project Giant Robot – TBD.
- Project Guard – TBD.

I still can't help but think Project Giant Robot and Project Guard have been:

A) Cancelled
B) Or... Merged into Star Fox Zero.
C) Or...they have been moved over to NX, and being developed into something else.

I'm probably wrong on this, but I can't shake that feeling.

Nia

If they reveal a new Paper Mario, I'm going to take the same wait and see approach I did with Sticker Star. They'll need to prove to me they won't make the same mistakes again.

I can't wait to be disappointed with no Zelda news! (´ ▽`).。

Seriously, though, I'll keep my expectations in check by expecting nothing but go into tomorrow optimistically. I'd like to hear about #FE and PMU, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

That said, are we honestly expecting an NX-specific Direct for the NX reveal at some point? Just a press announcement? They aren't going to talk about it now, so there's no point in getting hype about that. The Wii U didn't get a reveal Direct, did it?

georly

A) Cancelled
C) Or...they have been moved over to NX, and being developed into something else.

That's what I feel, too. And in that same order of more likely to least likely.

So, a (late announced?) online maintenance for Wii U tonight. Mother 3 available after the Direct?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_US/index.html

I don't want mother 3 to interfere with my weekend plans of playing twilight princess HD. I'd rather it be in april, on its anniversary.

RedToad64

A) Cancelled

I'm sure they will make it into Star Fox Zero. No way would they turn those into individual games.

Sadist

So guys, I'll put this in the rumour bin, but a Dutch Nintendo site leaked the contents of the Direct tomorrow; (So, the EU Direct) They vouch for their source and seem 99% sure. This site leaked the first details about Castlevania for 3DS a few years back btw.

http://www.n1ntendo.nl/article/49966/1/exclusieve-wereldprimeur-inhoud-nieuwe-nintendo-direct-gelekt

nintendo-direct-lek.jpg

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Lost Reavers (voorheen Project Treasure)
Mario & Sonic op de Olympische Spelen - Rio 2016
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Monster Hunter Generations
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

- Star Fox gets a first print edition (contents unknown)
- Super Nintendo games will finally be added to the 3DS eShop
- Monster Hunter X ---> Monster Hunter Generations
- And Monster Hunter Generations will have some Fire Emblem content

A) Cancelled

Agreed but for now they are on Nintendo's most recent (Jan. 2016) release schedule so I listed them anyway.

So guys, I'll put this in the rumour bin, but a Dutch Nintendo site leaked the contents of the Direct tomorrow; (So, the EU Direct) They vouch for their source and seem 99% sure. This site leaked the first details about Castlevania for 3DS a few years back btw.

http://www.n1ntendo.nl/article/49966/1/exclusieve-wereldprimeur-inhoud-nieuwe-nintendo-direct-gelekt

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

Nothing about this is outrageous. Even if its a fake its a decent one.

Mariolee

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

Even if fake, sounds about right

CengizMan

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

Was about to post this. To be honest, sounds as about right. The Japanese Direct will probably be way more interesting if this is true.

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

the SNES on n3DS thing makes this too good to be true honestly

Josh5890

Not buying that. With the exception of Pokemon last weekend, the 3DS virtual console has been non-existent for a full year. They aren't going to start rolling out a new system for it in the 9th inning of the system's life

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

snipping tool where are you???

Weebos

Banned
If that leak is all sounds pretty thin for a direct, do we have the run time yet?

That said, SNES on 3DS sounds excellent.

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

no Paper Mario, so, eh

doubt it

Oddduck

Why would they bother with SNES games at this stage?

Not buying that. With the exception of Pokemon last weekend, the 3DS virtual console has been non-existent for a full year. They aren't going to start rolling out a new system for it in the 9th inning of the system's life

I was thinking the same thing.

It seems a little late to be releasing SNES games on the 3DS at this stage. But who knows, sometimes Nintendo does things that don't always make sense.

TDLink

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

The N3DS SNES games sounds too good to be true. Also no Pokken, Detective Pikachu, or Zelda TP/Hyrule Warriors talk is suspect.

georly

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates
Star Fox Zero
YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

If this is true, it'd be the first ever nintendo direct leak.

Also monster hunter generations is an absolutely perfect name for monster hunter x, which is the ONLY thing that makes this even slightly believable to me.

Also, first print edition for star fox zero seems like a perfect way to combat everyone saying they'll 'wait and see' or 'wait for it to go on sale

Also also SNES being on NEW 3DS makes a hell of a lot of sense, too.

Like everyone said before - even if fake, this is super believable and par for the course. I expect bravely default in the US version instead of fire emblem stuff.

Top Bottom