• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

RPGCrazied

I'd lose it if they come out and say XCX is delayed until 2016. That will devastate me, specially after Zelda getting the delay.

That is NA.
It is 1st NA, 2nd JP, and 4th EU I think.
Makes sense considering this is probably about Splatoon and Wooly World which will get different release dates per region.
I got a PAL N3DS, so watching both 1st and 4th.

It's a worldwide Direct. They're all airing at the same time.

Daknight

Realistically expecting:

- Definitive Xenoblade Date
- Definitive Splatoon Date
- New Footag from that Yoshi Game
- Something new on 3DS

Realistically hoping:

- New Wave of Downlodable Wii Games

Unrealistically hoping:
- SMT X Fire Emblem full reveal, trailer with ingame content, new details. Coming "later this year"

We are in the same wavelength! Add to that (this a big maybe) news on smaller 3DS (highly doubtful).

Zubz

Banned
I can't catch it live, but I might be only a few hours late. If I get that Mewtwo e-mail during that interview... Well, I'll probably handle it like an adult, but the internal hype'd be wild.

I'd lose it if they come out and say XCX is delayed until 2016. That will devastate me, specially after Zelda getting the delay.
Lol that would be shocking, but I don't see how it would take them a year to finish localization on a game that had it's localization already well underway.

RPGCrazied

Lol that would be shocking, but I don't see how it would take them a year to finish localization on a game that had it's localization already well underway.

True, but the fact is, we haven't even seen any of it in English form, so we don't really know when they started or if at all? That is why I hope we see some English footage tomorrow.

Reule

Whooooooooooooooo!

I'd be happy with the following:

Star Fox Wii-U news
Animal Crossing Wii-U announcement
amiibo releases dates, announcements, etc.
Smash Wii-U DLC
Mario Party 10 DLC
Splatoon news

True, but the fact is, we haven't even seen any of it in English form, so we don't really know when they started or if at all? That is why I hope we see some English footage tomorrow.
I feel like they are waiting for E3 to have a big cinematic story trailer to debut the English version.

Ricky 7

About time, since we knew it was coming because of the rumours the wait was extra painful. It'd be funny if they don't even show Mewtwo.

Tom_Cody

I'm still in the middle of MH4U and CN:S and XC3D are on my immediate horizon.

This is the first Nintendo Direct that I haven't really wanted. My plate is more than full.

Soul Beat

Be still, my hearto!

I'm trying so hard to keep my expectations in check, but Hype is still reaching maximum capacity!

New Golden Sun! Let's go!

My predictions are:
- Splatoon Release Date
- Yoshi's Wooly World Release Date
- Mewtwo and Miiverse Smash Updates
- Some 3DS news
- Mobile game news maybe?

Dat date.

"Mother 3 is finally coming to North America... sike!"
Well April 1st is the start of financial year for Japan. Just really odd timing.

Clov

I think I'll be missing out on this live, since I have class. Still, I'll be hoping for new Splatoon info and Smash Bros DLC info at the least.

My dream would be an update on SMTxFE. I can dream, right?

tumblr_mtfyrl8pD61snnv7so1_500.gif

DarkTom

The series started out with a Gameboy that basically nobody played. So no, he meant 4.

Well in PAL-land Waverace on Game Boy came in 1997 after Waverace 64, probably because of its success. So maybe it sold decently in Europe ?

Anyway it's nice to have a new direct, Treehouse is great too !

thefro

I didn't expect a Direct, especially after Nintendo confirmed E3 will only show 2015 games. E3 is just a couple months away now

They basically have nothing announced with a firm date for Q2 and you'd like to announce anything hitting in July/early August before E3.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
they will use it primarly to pack the first half up before the E3 Digital event.
So, MK DLC, Smash DLC, Yoshi, Splatoon, Xenoblade 3D, Steam for EU, Xenoblade X for Japan, a couple of Japanese only games, some eshop little software.

Neiteio

No reason to go overboard with expectations, but I guess this is reasonable to expect:

F-Zero Ultra
Metroid Prime 4 U
Metroid Zero Fusion 3DS
Mother 4 / (Mother Trilogy on VC)
Super Mario Universe (galaxy 3)
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics Wii U
Robot U
Advance Wars 3DS
Elite Beat Agents 3DS
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2 Wii U
Mole Mania 3DS
Wave Race Wii U
1080 Wii U
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes U
Panzer Dragoon Collection U
Seiken Densetsu 3 3DS
Dragon Quest 7 localization
Squaresoft Hidden Gems Collection - Live a Live, Bahamut Lagoon etc
Mega Man Legends 3
Castlevania: The Dark Souls Edition
Igavania 3DS
Metroid Dread
Contra 3DS
Konami Wai Wai World 3 3DS
Seiken Densetsu Reboot
Streets of Rage 4 3DS
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Metroid Another M
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Betrayalton

CHOOOO CHOOOOO
I'm so obsessed with Bloodborne at the moment that it would probably take all of that and more to distract me from it.

JoeM86

I honestly have doubts about GD Pikachu, we've only seen it once and that was late 2013 no?

Spin-off games are seldom shown more than 3 months before launch. The only reason we saw this one is because it was in very early development (for Summer 2015 launch) when Tsunekazu Ishihara was being followed and showcased for the NHK TV Show, The Professionals. It was never officially revealed or detailed
My predictions are:

- Mobile game news maybe?
They specified no mobile games.

Top Bottom