• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Josh7289

So there's still literally nothing planned for the second half of 2015 for 3DS. That is interesting. But it could mean nothing more than that the games planned for then simply haven't been announced yet.

MLH

B1thqOECQAAKif1.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/530124759900893184/photo/1

Amiibo in Mario Kart 8

Captain Falcon has really let himself go

NotLiquid

Splatoon still the best thing Nintendo has since forever.

That single player campaign looks really damn great. I look forward to what the designers at Nintendo can come up with to utilize the new mechanics.

I'm overall pleased with this Direct. Got everything I wanted and more.

Tregard

Soothsayer
That Direct was a welcome return, Majoras Mask is great to hear about and Splatoon & Xenoblade look amazing. I assume we'll hear about Devils Third and Mario Maker next Direct. It's a good time to own a Wii U!

Good:
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Majora's Mask
  • Smash Brothers Trailer
  • Splatoon

Bad:
  • NES Remix for 3DS
  • Missing Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World

Ugly:
  • That Monster Hunter 4 trailer

Overall a 7/10 Direct.

weird that they didn't talk about Mario Maker, wonder when it'll come out. Also, I can't believe I actually fooled myself into believing that Zelda U would be in this direct, should have known better, we wont see Zelda till March if that.

The Pikmin stuff was inexcusable though.

Gruco

Banned
Majora's Mask was a great opener. I didn't get Ocarina despite not having played it since 1998. I may get Majora though, simply because I am so fond of it.

They may have unsold on STEAM. 4 man units is terrible for a SRPG. Still will keep watch on it.

Mario Kart DLC looking amazing. And soon!

Amiibo stuff. Meh.

Monster Hunter Mario and Luigi what is happening why does this exist jesus help me.

Splatoon single player platform shooter advenutre? Niiiiiiiiice.

I love the background they gave on Xenoblade X. "You crash on a planet and then need to explore stuff. For science." Best JRPG story ever.

Asbear

Banned
Not that I didn't expect this, but wow. What a sparse showcase. They revealed one new game and the rest are things we've already seen before and honestly most of those games won't get any hype at all.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
The new stuff looked great. Finally MM3D revealed. Xenoblade looks epic as always. Splatoon single player! Squid vs Octopus. That trailer gave me the good feels.

Onionkid

BTW, wanted to ask again since I dunno if it was known or what. During the section after Captain Toad where they showed off online preordering from their website, they zoomed out from the page that clearly showed Captain Toad at 39.99. Is that just a mockup, or is that actually already known to be its price? That's a pretty nice price if that's accurate.

Isotope

XCX in Spring for Japan makes me cry. Really hoping a Western release isn't too far off.

BTW, wanted to ask again since I dunno if it was known or what. During the section after Captain Toad where they showed off online preordering from their website, they zoomed out from the page that clearly showed Captain Toad at 39.99. Is that just a mockup, or is that actually already known to be its price? That's a pretty nice price if that's accurate.

$39.99 is the confirmed price.

kunonabi

Xenoblade and Splatoon are looking great. I'm obligated to pick up a Link amiibo now so I can get my hands on that spinner. Majora's Mask confirmation was nice too. Kirby having multiplayer is really neat and unexpected.

Xenoblade better be 2015 though.

ASIS

I thought it was a very nice direct. What were you people expecting? How many bombs do you need in one day?

Yoshi88

Wow, this was quite a good Direct. Pure, concentrated videogame fun.

Especially liked Captain Toad, the music was awsome and the game just screams "Play me".

And the MK8 Tracks looked absolutely stunning, even compared to the already awesome vanilla tracks. Damn!

Edit: Oh yeah, Xenoblade Chronicles X was awesome as always, looks better and better, but i'm already sold in advance on Monolitsofts titels since Baten Kaitos :D

It was a great direct. Besides Xenoblade (which looked fantastic btw) everything will be released in the first 6 months of 2015 (hopefully). Enough to play, thats for sure.

LAA

Well SP in Splatoon has perhaps made it more likely I'll get it, we'll see though.

Surprised there was no mention about New 3DS though. Thought they may have give it a smaller range other than just 2015.

Majoras Mask 3D was highlight to me and to see more Xenoblade Chronicles X again, though it saying aiming to release in 2015 makes me worry it may make it to 2016... Not that I mind so much, if it makes it better, I'm fine with it.

As Fire Emblem/valkyria fan S.T.E.A.M looked ace. Xenoblade looked otherwise very good but I am just not feeling character art at all (those faces).

Why is everyone saying "uhhh this Direct was worthless Majora Mask was so predictable"

At least we got to see it announced. Before that, we only had vague Aonuma words.

I wasn't interested at all in Splatoon, but now... Wow. I need it.

Top Bottom