• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Blues1990

B1thqOECQAAKif1.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/530124759900893184/photo/1

Amiibo in Mario Kart 8
I don't know about you guys, but these costumes look adorable. Especially the Yoshi outfit. Link also looks slick, as well as seeing Hyrule Castle.

MLH

Monster Hunter 4 didn't get a release date, instead they just restated 'early 2015'.

I've got it down as the 20th of February 2015 in Europe, can't remember where I heard it but it was either from Nintendo or Capcom PR release otherwise I wouldn't note it down.

Voliko

Underwhelming, no new games besides a "remake." Xenoblade looks like it's going to have a giant to do list of meaningless side quests again. That game seems too similar to the first.

braves01

Banned
BTW, wanted to ask again since I dunno if it was known or what. During the section after Captain Toad where they showed off online preordering from their website, they zoomed out from the page that clearly showed Captain Toad at 39.99. Is that just a mockup, or is that actually already known to be its price? That's a pretty nice price if that's accurate.

That's the real price. God bless "value" pricing.

AdanVC

WHAT?? Europe is getting a freaking LE of Majora's Mask???? REGGIE!?? WHY YOU DON'T.... UGHH, WHY YOU DO THIS!? We like LE too, Reggie!

Zomba13

I love the background they gave on Xenoblade X. "You crash on a planet and then need to explore stuff. For science." Best JRPG story ever.

I'm hoping that with a story like that they will get away from the JRPG trope of having to fight god for some reason as the final boss.

pelican

I know it isn't before Christmas, but I can live with the Capt Toad UK release being the 2nd January.

The first game of the year:D

jmizzal

Eh, MM3DS was a good reveal with a good release window, and Kirby in February was nice, other than that pretty meh.

No N3DS information, and for Wii U we got Kirby and then Splatoon for first half 2015? Where is Mario Party, Mario Maker, Yoshi? :/

Also "targeting 2015" for Xenoblade doesn't leave me too confident it will release. And once upon a time this was a 2014 game...

Spring in Japan, it just will be up to how fast localization goes

There were no new games I'm interested in, but there were a lot of release dates and new footage of stuff I want. I can't be mad at that.

The_Lump

Banned
Good Direct!

More X footage, MK DLC looks ace, MM 3D (although fully expected) :D, earlier release date for Smash and Toad :D = Color me pleased!

The Direct was okay I guess. Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X look good, but I already knew that. The Duck Hunt trailer and Majora’s Mask were highlights.
No SMT x FE though

8/10

They said spring 2015 for Xenoblade X in Japan...I guess we have to wait longer for the localization :/

Also super sad at the lack of a release date for Bravely Second.

RickGhastly

Neo Member
People were disappointed with Nintendo at E3?

Nintendo's 2014 E3 was great; Only saying that's been par the course for just about every other year with the "disappointment cycle". It's a cycle as predictable as the one where everyone hates a Zelda until it's been out for a decade.

Edit: This site's crazy where everyone only replies to what you said 10 minutes ago.

woopWOOP

Link in Mariokart looks so damn happy. That made me laugh. That and Shibata putting on Majora's Mask.

Good direct, Splatoon looks cool as ever and a lightgun game coming to VC was a surprise. Gumshoe next please!

Just wanna say that Toad Treasure Tracker is going from beat spin-off, to its a gotta own title in its own right. The level design looks fantastic.

Also the gameplay in STEAM looks reminiscent of Valkyria Chronicles so that should be neat.

Crayolan

weird that they didn't talk about Mario Maker, wonder when it'll come out. Also, I can't believe I actually fooled myself into believing that Zelda U would be in this direct, should have known better, we wont see Zelda till March if that.

The Pikmin stuff was inexcusable though.

They won't show Zelda until next E3, don't expect it any earlier.

I assume they didn't mention the new 3DS at all, because they don't want to canabalize holiday sales of the current model.

Right?!

Right.

Random thoughts:

Where in the hell was Yarn Yoshi? That's supposed to be in the first half of 2015. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. actually looks really interesting and quite complex. I'm ecstatic that there is a Splatoon campaign. I don't like the sound of "targeting" 2015 for Xenoblade Chronicles X. Mario Kart DLC looks great, Kirby looks adorable, and I'll be downloading the Pikmin shorts tonight!

Myriadis

Great start with Majoras Mask. Shame I just finished it one week ago and don't have the desire to play it again within the next year.
It really was a nice Nintendo direct, I didn't expect more.

Jintor

I thought it was a very nice direct. What were you people expecting? How many bombs do you need in one day?

Nintendo drops too many bombs*, people developing bomb immunity. Soon they'll need three bombs a direct just to get their fix

*not really

roknin

Nice so Late summer early fall in the West

Lol people are disappointed with this Direct?

I thought those crazy predictions were people just joking lol

One thing I've learned over the years with this kind of thing: people are NEVER joking about those predictions. :p

:lol Every time you think the Wii U couldn't possibly become worse, they manage to pull this shit off regardless... With these vague ass release dates and the abscence of most E3 content for a spring Direct, another year of droughts is basically confirmed. I expect silence on Mario Maker until it is reintroduced as the 2015 holiday title. And if it wasn't clear enough, there's no way something like Zelda is gonna come out before 2016.
So much for 1 game per month, lol. Not that I ever believed it, but it's still amusing.

Griss

Decent Direct, can be summarised as 'Everything is still looking really great.'

I don't think the MK8 tracks look as good as the ones already on disc, but that would have been nearly impossible. The inclusion of SNES Rainbow Road (again!) bugs me, but some of the other tracks look pretty cool. I don't think Link fits in well at all, but it's an experiment so we'll see how it goes.

Can't wait for Xenoblade and Splatoon. Didn't watch Captain Toad as I'm in blackout mode for that one already.

Majora's Mask was the most predictable thing ever. Would have been insane not to get Grezzo to use their engine for that. Still a Day 1 purchase, though.

Saw some Commander Video disrespect in here, Bit.Trip Runner is a classic and the sequel is amazing, screw you guys.

Not to mention, Core, Beat, Flux and Fate.
Void sucks.

I think it was more like how weird it was to say "We're showing our indie commitment by sticking a single trophy in Smash Bros!" Maybe there's more hidden. But right now he joins Rayman, in that weird little "Why are you even here" group of trophies.

oh yeah, would've liked to have seen this as well

When Miyamoto came out, that's what I first thought he was going to talk about. But then he said, "Nope! Pikmin 3!"
"You kept asking for this game, now you're never going to stop hearing about it!"

Top Bottom