• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Xenoblade X looks super but they are holding their cards close to their chest seeing how we've seen basically only one part of the world so far. But since it's coming to Japan so soon, I eagerly await the upcoming torrent of details.

I've never played Majora's Mask and it looks incredible. Also, unlike many of the other standards of video games that I've never played like Final Fantasy VII, I know virtually nothing about it.

3DS Atelier Rorona is interesting, but not unprecedented (there have been DS Atelier games before.)

Considering how buddy-buddy KT has been getting with Nintendo (see also: Hyrule Warriors) I almost wonder if we'll see Atelier become a 3DS/Wii U series. It's possible that this is a "testing the waters" kind of deal to see if Gust games will sell any better on Nintendo platforms than they do on Sony ones.

I mean, they certainly don't have much need for the extra power that PS4/XBone would give them, given the budgets they work with.

Xenoblade sounds like it's going to be delayed.
Kirby looked okay.
Splatoon isn't really doing it for me just yet.
Smash and Mario Kart DLC looked great, as expected.
Amiibos are intriguing. I am actually very interested in them and how they work for particular games.
Majora's Mask is a nice touch but makes me think Zelda on Wii U will slip into 2016.

Honestly, the biggest surprise to me was Captain Toad. I was curious about the game before this but that was a great trailer.

Disappointing, especially for Wii U owners :(

I'm not disappointed at all? Other than the tentative '2015' for Xenoblade, I enjoyed everything I saw. We're getting a sequel to the best Kirby game ever made and what looks to be the Mario Kart of the shooter genre within the first few months of 2015.

B1thqOECQAAKif1.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/530124759900893184/photo/1

Amiibo in Mario Kart 8
I'm probably super reaching, but the fact that Falcon and Samus have Amiibo costumes in MK8 really makes me hopeful for their future.

Oh such a good and solid direct. Nintendo delivered!

My favorite is still Captain toad!

Pleasently suprised at the amiibos.
steam looked nice as did spaltoon!!

Yey! Didn't need to feel disappointed! Awesome stuff!

lol, I don't know what people were expecting from a Direct right before the holiday season. "Sure guys, let's undermine all of our holiday titles with Zelda Wii U!"

I don't know why people were expecting Zelda U and Starfox U stuff, they'll save those for their next Direct/E3

Awesome Direct, MM3D and Splatoon moved to Day 1 for me, 9/10.

GRW810

Superb Direct. MM3D was unsurprising but welcome, Amiibo info was interesting, more MK8 DLC insight, Duck Hunt VC, more glorious Toad footage, Shovel Knight available in EU, Pikmin shorts. I'm very content.

weekev

Banned
WHAT?? Europe is getting a freaking LE of Majora's Mask???? REGGIE!?? WHY YOU DON'T.... UGHH, WHY YOU DO THIS!? We like LE too, Reggie!
They balance it out by making us wait at least 6 months for Kirby though. You guys get it in Feb, we need to wait till h2.

Josh5890

For those saying that Wii-U looks bad first half 2015, Mario Maker and Yoshi are still slated for that time frame and even if one slips, I'll still be playing Smash non stop so I can go for a slow quarter.

Lernaean

Banned
ND was awesome. Started with MM3D, which could make the ND awesome, even if it was the only thing they showed, not to mention that awesome limited edition, then moved to an excellent indie reel, then showed more of Captain Toad which looks phenomenal, and after showing some great DLC and new footage from games we know of and some Amiibo uses, then announced the campaign mode of Splatoon.

Seriously, earlier i just wanted some SMTxFE and ZeldaU info, but after all this i'm so damn happy.

Shaanyboi

Banned
it's fucking crazy to me that people were expecting Zelda and Star Fox. Star Fox was a barebones demo at E3 without even a developer attached - why would they have something meaningful to show like 4 months later?

And Zelda doesn't have a chance of coming early 2015 and is pretty obviously a big blowout E3 title. Expecting anything sooner is nuts.

For Wii U only owners thist must have been a horrible direct. Nothing new and exciting, just stuff we already know about... not even a remake of a beloved game they get...

I don't know why people were expecting Zelda U and Starfox U stuff, they'll save those for their next Direct/E3.

Last E3 they said that they were targeting Star Fox to be ready "this time next year." Therefore people expect Star Fox to come out next summer. At this point it's reasonable to start expecting Star Fox information. I'm not personally surprised that there was nothing during this Direct, but I definitely expect something very soon.

Hermii

Splatoon looked great. And if you think about it, a war between squids and octopusses sounds like an intelligent storyline compared to most other shooters:p

MK tracks looks great.

We all knew Majoras Mask was on the way, Nice to get a confirmation.

Glad to see Iwata is back in action.

The direct was all right. No megatons, but what they showed looked good. Especially splatoon,

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Edit: This site's crazy where everyone only replies to what you said 10 minutes ago.

People will see a post they want to reply to, so they hit the quote button and respond. Most of the time they're not going to keep reading the rest of the thread, that's what happens in almost every forum.

Ansatz

I get that the disappointment stems from the fact that the only new game announcement was a remake for 3DS.

But holy shit those trailers are god tier.

Mario Kart 8 DLC
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon (single player levels are INSANE, like Mario Galaxy reveal level of insane.)
Captain Toad (Fuck yeah extra challenges beyond 3 gems per level)
Majora's Mask 3D (The colors!!)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (fact that it launches in February opens up new possibilities for a fall Wii U title)

Also all I'm playing now is Hyrule Warriors and looking forward to see the new content as well.

Duck Hunt trailer was great. Pokemon ORAS and Smash Wii U about to launch. Project Steam looks cool even though I'm not a fan of the artstyle.

*shugs and goes back to playing Nintendo games*

Splatoon still looks amazing. Xenoblade X looks amazing, Majoras mask 3D is awesome. Kirby and the rainbow curse is gonna be another fun Kirby game. Toad looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. This direct only strengthens the idea that Nintendo is still making nothing but high quality games.
Also project S.T.E.A.M looks good so far. Still waiting on more info.

oti

Banned
Great Direct. Majora's Mask looks weird. Amiibo integrarion in other games is "neat" but nothing worth buying figurines for.

The only games shown that won't be out by Spring next year are Splatoon and Xenoblade X. Splatoon will be out Q2 2015, which isn't long after that. I assume they showed Xenoblade because it's got enough progress to keep people interested.

For those saying that Wii-U looks bad first half 2015, Mario Maker and Yoshi are still slated for that time frame and even if one slips, I'll still be playing Smash non stop so I can go for a slow quarter.
Splatoon is out in spring, right? I don't know what more I could ask for in early 2015. That, and nobody will be finished with Cpt. Toad before then. Hell, now that I think about it, my wallet could go for a slow Wii U quarter. The games are coming fast and furious now.

Zomba13

it's fucking crazy to me that people were expecting Zelda and Star Fox. Star Fox was a barebones demo at E3 without even a developer attached - why would they have something meaningful to show like 4 months later?

And Zelda doesn't have a chance of coming early 2015 and is pretty obviously a big blowout E3 title. Expecting anything sooner is nuts.

Zelda, Star Fox and most likely an English language release of Xenoblade X are all 2016. I'm willing to bet on it. At least, 2016 for Europe (as that is what matters to me). I have no faith in Nintendo getting any of them out in time here.

Overall it was a decent direct. A few new bits of info and further explanation of others with new videos. You can't expect every Direct to be an E3 blowout.

Top Bottom