• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Has somebody already considered the possibility of Watch_Dogs consuming some time in this Direct? I mean, it's coming out this November, right? :p

What a colossal waste that would be.

weekev

Banned
Has somebody already considered the possibility of Watch_Dogs consuming some time in this Direct? I mean, it's coming out this November, right? :p
No chance. Nintendo have burned the Ubisoft bridge. No way that game is getting pushed by Nintendo when its clearly been sent out to die.

Toad launches in 2 regions in 2014 and the rest the first week in January. Seems fair enough to have it in the Holiday ad to me.
The Holiday ad is for Europe though. you might as well include NES Remix 1+2 by that logic.

Didn't one of the pokemon people say that they never actually intended to do ORAS until they saw all the "HOENN CONFIRMED" silliness interpreting every reference as a hint and decided there would probably be enough demand? F
I'm sure I heard them said they had been working on ORAS for 2 years. It wouldn't be surprising, other annualised franchises like CoD have 2 dev teams...

I'm secretly hoping for Dragon Quest Rocket Slime.

Square Enix will test the audience with an eShop release, but Nintendo fanboys will pay it dust and buy more Pokémons and Marios, thus killing the Dragon Quest franchise in western markets.

iBewUmUGWzVB0.gif
I want you to know that you are a good and beautiful human being, Sammy. If a Rocket Slime could be announced, even if just a digital port of the DS game, I would be soooooooo happy.

Nibel

Won't happen, maybe in a quick overview video showing games coming this year, but other than that Nintendo won't give shit to Ubisoft.

Nintendo seems to have turned the ship around with the Wii U lately.

Its a shame they couldn't get this ball rolling at system launch.

Anything new for 4th quarter or 1st quarter next year is a good thing.

random25

What a colossal waste that would be.

No chance. Nintendo have burned the Ubisoft bridge. No way that game is getting pushed by Nintendo when its clearly been sent out to die.

Won't happen, maybe in a quick overview video showing games coming this year, but other than that Nintendo won't give shit to Ubisoft.

Nah I'm just messing around :p

Yeah I agree, kind of a waste of time when the W_D ship has already sailed long ago. Though it would not be surprising if in case it got a minute of promotion since it's still a Wii U holiday title. Rather put in the time for the 1st party lineup, as well as 3rd party efforts on the 3DS like Persona Q
and Dragon Quest VII localization. Believe.

TheMoon

SMT x FE re-reveal (Holiday 2015)
Majora's Mask 3D (Summer 2015)
Mario Galaxy dual pack or Wii U (Summer 2015)
Metroid Wii U (2016)
New 3DS SNES/GBA VC
Wii U DS/N64/GCN VC
More 3DS themes
Splatoon info
TLoZ teaser
Xenoblade Chronicles X release date
Duck Hunt
Smash trailer

This is why my head keeps banging onto my desk. I seriously hope you're fully aware only a fraction of this even has a chance of happening. Please, people. Be realistic.

This is why my head keeps banging onto my desk. I seriously hope you're fully aware only a fraction of this even has a chance of happening. Please, people. Be realistic.

This is NintendoGaf where the hype levels never stop rising once we punch the tickets for the hype train we don't stop until it crashes and then we repeat on the next direct. I love NintendoGaf it's such a fun place to be a part of.

Seeing as how the UK banner has a youtube logo it's safe to assume that there will be a youtube stream too, right? Nintendo's Twitch streams are always a bit laggier for me and the smash 50 facts thing didn't have one I think.

MicH

So theoretically, could flawless GBA emulation be possible on the new 3DS hardware? I know at have GBA VC on Wii U, but I really prefer it on a handheld

Seeing as how the UK banner has a youtube logo it's safe to assume that there will be a youtube stream too, right? Nintendo's Twitch streams are always a bit laggier for me and the smash 50 facts thing didn't have one I think.
Nintendo is pretty good about doing both Twitch and YT, so it should be that way.
I have to stick to YT because I doubt I will be able to see it live. (1 hour before I get out of work...)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Seems there will be an indie reel or something
https://twitter.com/MixedBagGames/status/529939081829302272
This is the developer behind Forma.8 which is coming this winter

it seems they haven't make any Nintendo 3DS game before. So pretty safe to say there will be a new game (or at least a port of their current released game) announcement from them in the Direct.

Also, Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 demo coming tomorrow in Japan. I am guessing they will mention it in the direct too.

In addition, Game Castle Conqueror Defender was announced for a release in the West a while ago. If there's a indie reel, they might show it off there too

BY2K

Membero Americo
Weird, the NA Twitch stream has the Direct image up but it doesn't say how long it will be. That's the first time in a while they don't say how long a Direct is gonna be.

Why do people want sequels in the first place? It's a good series with a passionate fanbase that's gained a lot of traction overseas in the past decade. Once you get down to it, I doubt most sensible people would want Itoi to be dragged out of retirement for a new entry and Nintendo could easily make it without him.

People are still going to want Metal Gear games once Kojima (eventually) retires, don't see why that isn't the case here.
Mother only exists because of Itoi. His name is prominent on that box. It may not be that different from saying you want a Metal Gear without Kojima, but those already exist, they're pretty good, and this would be far more dumb.

Here are my guesses:
New Captain Toad Trailer
New Splatoon Trailer
New Wooly World Trailer
New Smash Wii U Trailer
New Mario Maker Trailer
Splatoon Release Date
Wooly World Release Date
Mario Maker Release Date
Indie Reel for 2014/2015

The other games planned in 2015 are going to be for the next Direct in February.
I have a feeling Splatoon is January with Wooly World and Mario Maker in February.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Weird, the NA Twitch stream has the Direct image up but it doesn't say how long it will be. That's the first time in a while they don't say how long a Direct is gonna be.

Well, we usually don't find out like 30 mins to few hours before the event start.

Here are my guesses:
New Captain Toad Trailer
New Splatoon Trailer
New Wooly World Trailer
New Smash Wii U Trailer
New Mario Maker Trailer
Splatoon Release Date
Wooly World Release Date
Mario Maker Release Date
Indie Reel for 2014/2015

The other games planned in 2015 are going to be for the next Direct in February.
I have a feeling Splatoon is January with Wooly World and Mario Maker in February.

There's definitely going to be 3DS stuff too though. I also think there's a good chance of new 3DS showing up as well

Oh the hype is unbearable! Believe! BELIEVE!

i feel it's such a long time since the last info, I'm content with almost anything, as long as they give us something, there are so many questions hanging in the air of the N3DS, amiibo, splatoon, X, zelda and.. And.. And OMG! The hyyyyypeee!

maxcriden

We've seen very little of Splatoon and January is a typically dry month for new games. I would not expect YWW and MM in the same month, BTW. I think we'll be lucky to get YWW and MM in Feb-March and Splatoon by May or June.

ETA: I don't want to rain on your parade, though. I just don't want you to be disappointed!

8,5 hours left woop woop!

Hoping for a MH4U January release. Don't let it be March, that's too far away.

And Majora's Mask, along with a nice purple Majora's Mask theme for my homescreen.

sdconvoy

My Predictions for new announcements:
Mother 4
Fist of the (Captain) Falcon
Return to Star Tropics
Metroid Dread
Super Mario Universe
Advance Wars 3DS
Duck Hunt: Duck and Dog Adventure
Majora's Mask 3D
Bomberman Vs. Megaman
Wario 3D Land

For real, we are going to get a recap of games already revealed, a few more tidbits about Amiibos, and some DLC / Expansion news. I don't expect any new game announcements at all.

I heard a new Wave Race will be announced.

I heard this from myself.

Wow, my uncle who works at Nintendo, told me that he talked to an translator over there who translated something along the lines Wave Race 256!
I'm kidding

Well I hope to get a launch trailer for Captain Toad and maybe some new infos on Splatoon :)

Damn, are you my uncle that works at nintendo? He told me the same thing.

Damn I was too late :(

We've seen very little of Splatoon and January is a typically dry month for new games. I would not expect YWW and MM in the same month, BTW. I think we'll be lucky to get YWW and MM in Feb-March and Splatoon by May or June.

ETA: I don't want to rain on your parade, though. I just don't want you to be disappointed!
No biggie, it is just a prediction. I figured they may have moved it since it was planned for 2014 like they did with Tropical Freeze. It could be April. I figured they had so many games on Q1 2015 that Jan. would make sense for one of them.

There's definitely going to be 3DS stuff too though. I also think there's a good chance of new 3DS showing up as well
New 3DS and Xenoblade port I bet if the retweet is anything to go by. Most major 3DS games came out already, so it will probably be slim content.

Top Bottom