• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

maxcriden

No biggie, it is just a prediction. I figured they may have moved it since it was planned for 2014 like they did with Tropical Freeze. It could be April. I figured they had so many games on Q1 2015 that Jan. would make sense for one of them.

I think it's actually H1 they have lots of games for--the ones you mentioned, plus Star Fox and I want to say one or two others I'm forgetting. I don't know that any were ever designated for Q1 specifically, but please correct me if I'm wrong since I'd love to be wrong about that. Still, since Nintendo hates releasing games in January, I think we'd be lucky to get even an eShop game that month. They're not usually huge on April either, in NA at least, but it's more likely than January. Splatoon seems like a big summer-y splash kind of game and a major new IP for Nintendo, so I would be surprised if we don't see it in May at the earliest. Maybe Star Fox in April?

My predictions:

- Metroid Android [Android exclusive]
- Super Mario Galaxy 3 [Galaxy tab exclusive]
- Star Foxtrot [dancing game, arcade exclusive]
- Eternal Darkness [GBA remake. Not much info, as many GBA games were dubbed Eternal Darkness at some point during development]
- F-Zero: The Kamikaze Squirrel [racing platformer, Sunsoft collaboration]

Hope Nintendo delivers.

Axass

Maybe Star Fox in April?

Dunno. StarFox looked soooo far from being done when Miyamoto showed and taked about it. Besides the game wasn't listed as "1st half" in the recent schedule posted after the financial meeting, just TBA 2015 or something like that.

I'd gladly welcome StarFox sooner though.

Today's megaton leaked:

rjMdB43.png

Sorry XD
reference.gif

LINK

maxcriden

Dunno. StarFox looked soooo far from being done when Miyamoto showed and taked about it. Besides the game wasn't listed as "1st half" in the recent schedule posted after the financial meeting, just TBA 2015 or something like that.

I'd gladly welcome StarFox sooner though.

Ah, that's right, it was changed. Given how much work it seemed to need I was surrpised they ever had it slated for H1 2015. So that does make sense for it not to come out then. H2 would be pretty heavy on releases if we really get Kirby, Mario vs. DK, Star Fox, Project Guard and/or Giant Robot (was it the latter said to be coming H1? Did that change?), Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Zelda. (Am I forgetting any? Oh, right, Mario Party 10.)

Ah, that's right, it was changed. Given how much work it seemed to need I was surrpised they ever had it slated for H1 2015. So that does make sense for it not to come out then. H2 would be pretty heavy on releases if we really get Kirby, Mario vs. DK, Star Fox, Project Guard and/or Giant Robot (was it the latter said to be coming H1? Did that change?), Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Zelda. (Am I forgetting any? Oh, right, Mario Party 10.)

one of guard and robot was still labelled h1 on that recent list. I remember beacause of how ridiculously unlikely it seemed in my eyes. Can't remember which though.

Axass

Here it is:

Giant Robot is indeed first half. 3DS 2015 is worse than I remembered, basically a wasteland.

Tortimer

Things that I wish would happen but won't:

• Splatoon 3DS
  • Year of Wario
  • WarioWare 3DS
  • Western announcement for New 3DS
  • Wii U price drop

I would be dead surprised if Ultimate NES Rip-off Remix isn't mentioned (maybe even revealed in the Japanese one, they wouldn't add Famicom remix* as a bonus otherwise).

*-Its basically like when you clear special world in SMW in how much difference it makes.

Giant Robot is indeed first half. 3DS 2015 is worse than I remembered, basically a wasteland.

There's a decent amount of stuff they could have localized if they're desperate. FF Explorers might be a thing square enix localizees itself? Then ninty could always pick up the tab on dq7. Story of seasons has kind of disappeared and is probably 2015 at this point.

Axass

There's a decent amount of stuff they could have localized if they're desperate. FF Explorers might be a thing square enix localizees itself? Then ninty could always pick up the tab on dq7. Story of seasons has kind of disappeared and is probably 2015 at this point.

Sure thing, in my bingo card I added DQVII, the new Ace Attorney, Yokai Watch, etc. Though the release schedule is especially bleak on the 1st party front, only two games announced for 2015. I'm thinking they'll definitely unveil something 3DS related in the direct.

Kouriozan

I'm so starved to play a new Dragon Quest, even the announcement of DQ X PC gave me hope but it was last year and it's pretty much dead for the West :(

DoubleDash

Neo Member
Fingers crossed for Super Mario 64 remastered for Wii U.

There's been a bunch of rumors about remakes coming for Wii U next year. Hoping this is one of them.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
SO
HYPED

Ready for that Nintendo Land DLC.

this wont happen but maaaan, I'd love it: ideally, a "Luigi U"-like DLC (so: standalone at retail, or downloadable from the eshop) for 29 bucks with additional "Games" based on other missing Nintendo properties

ChaosXVI

I'm also of the opinion that if we see a new game announced, it's going to be for 3DS. Wii U has got plenty in the pipeline that we know about, I doubt we get any new games announced until E3, but the 3DS is just...completely barren in 2015 except for S.T.E.A.M. and Xenoblade...

Perfect time for Majora's Mask or a new Metroid...but I won't get my hopes up too high...

Raw64life

I assumed they're just going to talk about some first half Wii U games.

Any and all Dragon Quest announcements would be amazing, but I've been beaten down to the point where I don't even hope for it anymore.

Mik317

Fingers crossed for Super Mario 64 remastered for Wii U.

There's been a bunch of rumors about remakes coming for Wii U next year. Hoping this is one of them.

I've played and beat M64 a shitton of times....

and I'd gladly play a remake.

fucking love that game.

Makonero

It will neat to see how much they flesh out Splatoon to make it feel more like a retail package.

I really want to see what 1-player mode is like, and also if local multiplayer is a thing, how that works out. Online multiplayer will be fun, but I really prefer local, so I am excited to see how the game is coming along.

TheMoon

This is NintendoGaf where the hype levels never stop rising once we punch the tickets for the hype train we don't stop until it crashes and then we repeat on the next direct. I love NintendoGaf it's such a fun place to be a part of.

Yea I love the insane hype, too. But I'm always worried when I see no ounce of sarcasm or self-awareness in a post like that one. Anyway, back on board!

HYPE_TRAIN.gif

Twitch for Europe too? FINALLY.

Yea, especially great for Germany which doesn't support livestreams on YouTube (thanks AGAIN stupid fucking government regulated broadcast nonsense!)

Cross over between Turrican and Metroid for Wii U by Retro Studios and Factor 5 DE.

There is no more Factor 5. Not anywhere. Some of the guys are at TouchFactor now and make the Netflix/Hulu apps for your favorite consoles.

RickGhastly

Neo Member
Sorry if this has already been posted, but:

If you Google "Nintendo Direct", the official link's title is "Super Smash Bros on Wii U". It's obviously going to be fairly Smash Bros-centric (and by extension, probably heavy on Amiibos as well).

That said, there's a dumb, sad part of me that hopes for Dragon Quest 7 3DS or Dragon Quest X every. single. time.

ramparter

Banned
I've played and beat M64 a shitton of times....

and I'd gladly play a remake.

fucking love that game.

haven't because it doesnt control as great as the latest 3D Marios but it was an awesome game and one of those I really wish they remaster and also add the extra content of the DS version.

Something tells me that a demo for Smash Wii U will come soon.
The next secret character should most likely have their trailer shown once the direct starts since that has happened for most regular Nintendo Directs.
I expect Splatoon, Mario Maker, and other early 2015 games given more info.
And the desperate side of me says that they will announce the New 3DS. :(

Here it is:

Yeah, I figured Giant Robot was going to be May/June 2015.
I figured we would hear more about the first half games this Direct and the next direct would focus on the other 2015 games.

Top Bottom