• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Grizzo

This is why my head keeps banging onto my desk. I seriously hope you're fully aware only a fraction of this even has a chance of happening. Please, people. Be realistic.

This is the Nintendo Hype train, it never st-

tumblr_neklp4zfxr1suksc7o1_400.gif

...well that is until the Nintendo Direct is over and everybody leaves disappointed.

I'm all up for a surprise though.

TheMoon

Sorry if this has already been posted, but:

If you Google "Nintendo Direct", the official link's title is "Super Smash Bros on Wii U". It's obviously going to be fairly Smash Bros-centric (and by extension, probably heavy on Amiibos as well).

That's completely meaningless because it's the old header for the 50 Facts Extravaganza Direct.

phanphare

Banned

If you Google "Nintendo Direct", the official link's title is "Super Smash Bros on Wii U". It's obviously going to be fairly Smash Bros-centric (and by extension, probably heavy on Amiibos as well).

That said, there's a dumb, sad part of me that hopes for Dragon Quest 7 3DS or Dragon Quest X every. single. time.

no, that's just because it's showing the title for the last one which was the 50 fact smash bros thing

edit: what ^he said

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
There's 0 reasons to waste resources on a Smash U demo.

Then why did they create a Smash 3DS demo, when it would obviously be the best-selling version of the two?

Man, I didn't think about a Smash U demo, but now I'm even more hyped.

Speaking of wild expectations and stupid leaks - I found an E3 2014 "leaked document" which I made to mock all badly made "secret E3 leaks" that were popular before the event. The funny thing is, I actually predicted new Star Fox, Yarn Yoshi's revival and Hyrule Warriors' final name. Beware of top secret spy potato quality.

JaOzzZC.png

Air

Banned

That said, there's a dumb, sad part of me that hopes for Dragon Quest 7 3DS or Dragon Quest X every. single. time.

There was a smash bros. direct sometime last week.

TheMoon

Then why did they create a Smash 3DS demo, when it would obviously be the best-selling version of the two?

Man, I didn't think about a Smash U demo, but now I'm even more hyped.

Because Smash 3DS needed to prove itself. "Smash on a handheld? Ew no thanks" is a thing you heard more than once. Nobody needs to be convinced of Smash U.

Lunar15

Part of me feels that a Metroid is in the works for something, somewhere. Will it be announced today? Probably not. But Nintendo seems chipper about promoting Samus lately, so I think they're adamant about getting the series back out there.

TheMoon

Part of me feels a Metroid is in the works for something, somewhere. Will it be announced today? Probably not. But Nintendo seems chipper about promoting Samus lately, so I think they're adamant about getting the series back out there.

Part of you feels that way because they said at E3 they're planning to put out both a 2D and 3D Metroid.

I'm not expecting much. I just really, really, really want N64 VC already. But that dream is probably dead. RIP my dreams.

Give me Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Wave Race 64 and OoT all in 1080p and I'll buy day one. That's triple dipping in some cases. Nintendo's sitting on a big chest of gold if they just put the damn games out!

69wpm

Btw, if you look at the quell code you can see this:

c2FTipD.jpg

A link to the Smash Bros. site. So I guess they will dedicated quite a bit to Smash again? Weird.

At least they clearly promised it, unlike the GCN Wii U VC everybody is hyping for. N64 and DS games on Wii U are in my personal bingo card.

Yep, not sure why everyone is expecting GCN VC just because Reggie said it would be cool to have.

Give me Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Wave Race 64 and OoT all in 1080p and I'll buy day one. That's triple dipping in some cases. Nintendo's sitting on a big chest of gold if they just put the damn games out!

It pisses me off how ignored Pilotwings 64 is by Nintendo. No Wii VC release, no Smash Bros. love (while the SNES and 3DS games get love), etc. It makes me wonder if there's something more to the Pilotwings 64 story other than Nintendo just not releasing it. Technical issues, rights issues, etc. No idea.

But it saddens me because it is by far the best Pilotwings game. I played it more than Mario 64 when the N64 launched.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wii U:

if they will provide
interesting details on MK8 and HW DLC
amiibos use in MK8, HW and Toad,
info on their 2015 first half lineup (with Toad (for PAL), Mario Maker, Splatoon, Yoshi, Art academy and MariovsDK for the eshop)
confirm FF5 western localization
confirm Wii U version for Pokken

I'd be more than satisfied.

Swamped

Banned
2pm pst is a little awkward for me, but this is the first general direct in a while so i have to watch it! Maybe i can take a really late lunch break or something.

tauroxd

c2FTipD.jpg

A link to the Smash Bros. site. So I guess they will dedicated quite a bit to Smash again? Weird.

They need at least to say the size of the damn game! I want it to have it on my console all the time without a disk change,

maxcriden

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnng, Waluigi and Star Fox minigames pls.

And put Advance Wars 2 on VC.

Ooh, the Waluigi minigame could be like a weird mirrored take on a Luigi 2D platformer meets Octodad. You control Waluigi moving left to right. The player with the gamepad controls how his limbs move using the touchscreen. The player with the Wiimote controls how high he jumps by shaking the Wiimote.

one of guard and robot was still labelled h1 on that recent list. I remember beacause of how ridiculously unlikely it seemed in my eyes. Can't remember which though.

Here it is:

Giant Robot is indeed first half. 3DS 2015 is worse than I remembered, basically a wasteland.

Very weird to see GR in first half, but maybe it's an eShop game. And I suppose they could have moved it a lot further along?

this wont happen but maaaan, I'd love it: ideally, a "Luigi U"-like DLC (so: standalone at retail, or downloadable from the eshop) for 29 bucks with additional "Games" based on other missing Nintendo properties

Anything can happen if we dream hard enough, Aostia. :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
News just in. They were serving the same food in the Nintendo cafeteria today and they were yesterday. Can't we have some variety people? Don't make me start directing people... to the door. (laughs)

This has been your Nintendo Direct New Bulletin with me Iwata. Good night folks.

Yep, not sure why everyone is expecting GCN VC just because Reggie said it would be cool to have.

Because not only people love GCN, GCN nowadays is... well, trendy, especially with all those sequels, remakes and honorable mentions. A lot of people played N64 on Wii, though, and a lot of people are sceptical about portable touchscreen games on a home console.

I am hugely waiting for N64 titles on Wii U - not only because of Off-TV Play, better image quality, proper 60 Hz (as a European), but also because Wii Shop Channel - and, thus, N64 games - is still unavailable here in Russia because of a shitty third-party publisher/reseller who did all Nintendo things in my country back in the Wii days.

maxcriden

At least they clearly promised it, unlike the GCN Wii U VC everybody is hyping for. N64 and DS games on Wii U are in my personal bingo card.

FWIW, there was an exec at one point who said GCN VC was coming. But I think she was talking out of turn or didn't know what she was talking about.

ETA: maybe we'll get a Zelda Tower Defense eShop game for 3DS. F2P in February.

Choomp

Banned
For some reason thought of Wario World. A Wario World type Wii U title with DKC type environments would be awesome.

Because not only people love GCN, GCN nowadays is... well, trendy, especially with all those sequels, remakes and honorable mentions. A lot of people played N64 on Wii, though, and a lot of people are sceptical about portable touchscreen games on a home console.

I am hugely waiting for N64 titles on Wii U - not only because of Off-TV Play, better image quality, proper 60 Hz (as a European), but also because Wii Shop Channel - and, thus, N64 games - is still unavailable here in Russia because of a shitty third-party publisher/reseller who did all Nintendo things in my country back in the Wii days.

I don't know that trendy is the best way to describe it. Yes, we got some direct gamecube sequels or remakes, but it doesn't seem like WWHD or pikmin 3 were very good business decisions, even if Pikmin 3 is more or less the bestest game ever. At least luigi's mansion was a huge success.

Grizzo

FWIW, there was an exec at one point who said GCN VC was coming. But I think she was talking out of turn or didn't know what she was talking about.

ETA: maybe we'll get a Zelda Tower Defense eShop game for 3DS. F2P in February.

They need to stop saying things like that. First N64, then DS, then GCN and we still have absolutely none of those three.

L~A

Speaking of wild expectations and stupid leaks - I found an E3 2014 "leaked document" which I made to mock all badly made "secret E3 leaks" that were popular before the event. The funny thing is, I actually predicted new Star Fox, Yarn Yoshi's revival and Hyrule Warriors' final name. Beware of top secret spy potato quality.

JaOzzZC.png

They confirmed the Hyrule Warriors name several weeks before the event... and your list is missing Mother 4, so fake.

;)

c2FTipD.jpg

Left-over code from last week's Smash Direct. Remember the mysterious "new nintendo console" just before E3 (2013?)?

And we know Smash WILL be featured anyway (the last character trailer). But that's probably going to be it, with maybe a demo, but no more. They've done a full Direct just for this game one week ago ;)

By the way:

Paul Gale Network received an exclusive rumor

That website has always been a real joke, I can't believe people still take their """"""rumours"""""" seriously, ha ha.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Fingers crossed for Super Mario 64 remastered for Wii U.

There's been a bunch of rumors about remakes coming for Wii U next year. Hoping this is one of them.

It was released in 1996(/1997 in EU), so I think they'll do it for release in 2016 (on potentially new hardware) as an anniversary tie-in.

Top Bottom