• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct WiiU/3DS @ 8/7 - NA: 7am PT, EU: 4pm CEST

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
In a surprise announcement, Nintendo reveals that Mario Kart 8 will launch this fall instead of next year!

Myriadis

If they don't announce at least 3 new first party IPs that cater exactly to my tastes Nintendo can go fuck themselves. Just warming myself up for being inevitable disappointed and stuff.

Mark1

Maybe they'll talk about the Summer Update for the Wii U? And the GBA games to launch with it?

I'd like to hear more on Smash Bros. even if it's just a teaser. I know the game isn't out until next year.

Akey

Banned
I hope for more 30 cent vc releases,pikmin dlc and secret codes, special edition legend of zelda xl, release dates on some games.Though new footage of some games would do.

Neiteio

I wonder if they're going back to work on Mario Football to help the really, really bad European sales.
Is Mario Football what they call Mario Strikers in the European territories? At any rate, I wouldn't be surprised -- they've had 3DS or WiiU installments to just about every other Mario-branded title.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm wondering if it's going to be a 3D game or another 2D/2.5D gig. As a huge Mega Man Zero fan, I'd prefer them doing something with sprites again.

Only info we have known is vast network features and functionality and the aim for it being a Online RPG of sorts. I just wonder how it will work out and what it even is.

Inti Creates being involved has me hyped since I'm a big Mega Man fan. Especially of the MMZ series.

And the name is very appealing.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Bowie, please. A Waluigi game has to be called "Waluigi Time".

lookatthetime.jpg

Frodo

Wii U price drop, embassador, new bundles, secrect project launching until the end of this year. 3DS Miiverse, 3DS redesign (lite), new colours, new bundles. Pokemon Stadium U coming alongside Pokemon X Y. You can transfer and use your Pokemons from one game to another. Bundle with a special edition Wii U, all three Pokemon games (Stadium and X, Y) and a special edition 3DS. Also come with 5 NFC cards so you can unlock rare Pokemons on all 3 games.

BELIEVE.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wait, what's all this about a Pikmin 3 secret?

Only info we have known is vast network features and functionality and the aim for it being a Online RPG of sorts. I just wonder how it will work out and what it even is.

Inti Creates being involved has me hyped since I'm a big Mega Man fan. Especially of the MMZ series.

And the name is very appealing.

2MyLiPe.jpg

I always envision something similar to Grand Knight's History because of a Siliconera article.

It's probably nothing like it but my mind instantly makes the connection for some reason.

Wait, what's all this about a Pikmin 3 secret?

People speculated there would be something like a mini-direct for publicity around the time of the NA release.

edit: never mind, apparently there was some actual bit of game content. I got too used to runaway gaf speculation.

Busty

Banned
I wonder if we'll see a price drop at this thing or whether TGS will bring all Nintendo's big announcements.

Also if I'm reading this right the UK time for this thing will be 3pm?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
1. Highlight Upcoming Games
2. Price Drop to $250 with no game but including charging station (removing split bundles)
3. New Summer update goes live improving OS

Best Buy is already liquidating with a $50 gift card.

definitely not a liquidation. this is the same deal most stores had about 2-3 months ago also multiple stores have this right now. Target, Kmart and I believe Walmart at least.

This is a pretty routine sale on a console. I would be more inclined to call it a liquidation if it was just a straight up $50 off, not $50 of store credit.

With that being said, even though I own one already I would love to see a $250 price tag. I picked mine up on Warehouse Deals for $279 and absolutely feel I paid a fair price. $250 for the system as is is (IMHO) a great value.

Hiltz

- No Smash Bros news
- No Wii U price cut
- Wonderful 101,Pokemon Rumble U, New Super Luigi U (retail version), Mario & Luigi: DT, Monster Hunter 4
- Black 3DS XL reminder
- Pikmin 3 special code discussion
- Summer system update news

I don't know if we'll see new trailers and release date info for the other Wii U and 3DS titles due to the upcoming Fall Conference Direct.

Lumyst

Okay , that video got me. I chuckled a bit then I saw the arrows pointing at the "New Console" and "New Controller" and LOL.

"Ah, do they sell the controller separately? I've already got a Wii so I don't need the new redesigned Wii console they showed."

Haines

Banned
I have to say, Im hyped for this Direct. Now that we are closer than ever to the new WiiU games, I expect some juicy info to excite gamers!

The quality of Pikmin has me very excited for the future of Nintendo games!

Here is a checklist. Someone should make a bingo board

-W101
-smash bros.
-new smash char
-lttp2
-WWHD
-new Zelda
-virtual console announcement
-new game
-New IP
-X
-Wii fit u
-summer update for wiiu
-sonic worlds
-3Rd sonic title
-please understand
-e shop announcement
-rayman
-price cut
-Mario kart
-Mario 3d
-dkc tf
-street pass announcement
-Mario golf
-Pokemon
-Wii u party
-cross console accounts

eojoko

I don't have a Wii U, but strangely I think WiiU Fit might be a system seller for me. . . I've been playing too many video games. I need to get in shape. I never had a Wii, so I don't know if I'd enjoy it, but it seems like a fun thing to incorporate into a routine.

Haines

Banned
It says updates on WiiU and 3DS games.....why are people saying there are going to be new games?

Im not expecting any, but you do understand they wont announce that they will have a surprise in the Direct right? They have claimed many times that they have stuff too announce soon, so expecting announcements in a direct isnt really crazy talk.

jmizzal

Main line Nintendo Directs always delivery something very good, heck even the ND mini we got Earthbound released that day.

Top Bottom