• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct WiiU/3DS @ 8/7 - NA: 7am PT, EU: 4pm CEST

Laieon

I'm expecting some release dates (Zelda: A Link Between Worlds being the biggest) and just a quick recap of their plans for the next couple months, something along of the lines of "Hey, remember to pick up Pokemon and blablabla".

...speaking of Pokemon, maybe they could reveal another one or two. I haven't been following X&Y too closely, but I'm assuming their's still quite a few Pokemon left to be revealed.

MLH

Wooo, maybe Europe will finally get a SMT IV date!
Also there will be a lot of "please understand" over Bravely Default delay, lol.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wii U segment will literally last all of 5 seconds.

Seems like a pretty pointless direct although I guess its worth trying to stop the W101 bomba.

urfe

I watched the E3 2011 Wii U video again, and Wii Sports U looked super fun.

I want to see that.

hupla

The Wii U was supposed to get a big system update right? Hopefully that's talked about and maybe even the maybe happening unified account system

Metroid Dread
Retro FPS
Nintendo accounts
3DS Miiverse
Universal Virtual Console
Wii U price drop
Realistic Legend of Zelda
Mother 3 VC Release

Did I get everything?

Omikaru

As a European, I'm hoping for release dates on:

- Shin Megami Tensei IV
- Ace Attorney 5
- Bravely Default

Though I expect all we'll get is AA5. BD has been delayed over here as most recent information has stated, and I get the feeling that NoE will try to make us forget that SMT IV was ever announced over here.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Nintendo usually does a September event/Direct around TGS so if that is still the plan I would say this is probably going to be similar to the mid-May Direct which kind of cleared the air for announced stuff leading up to the E3 Direct.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Aww, it's a recap of games coming out before the end of the year?

Can we have ONE surprise announcement, please?

xandaca

Not expecting much. The 'previously announced' thing means we can be pretty sure what to expect, Nintendo have seven games coming this year (including Wii Party), it'll probably be dates and new footage for a couple of them, more details about Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong and some time dedicated to Wonderful 101. There's only so much they can say, really.

EDIT: I'm only talking Wii U here, as I don't own a 3DS and have no idea what's on its slate for the rest of the year.

massoluk

Banned
Not even going to pretend to be hyped for this one. My hunch is saying updates on games very already know about.

Usobuko

Banned
I will watch it, hopefully for something new. This announcement feels too impromptu so I doubt any major bombs will be dropped. Anyway, Wonder Red for Smash will give W101 so much more exposure.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looking to see how many apologies and please understands we get this time...

Metroid Dread
Retro FPS
Nintendo accounts
3DS Miiverse
Universal Virtual Console
Wii U price drop
Realistic Legend of Zelda
Mother 3 VC Release

Did I get everything?

There's also:

Wave Race Wii U
F-Zero Wii U, collaboration with Sega
New IP by Nintendo EAD Tokyo
Mother 4 for Wii U
Startropics Revival for Wii U

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I want to see the new major firmware update in action :)

And a glimpse on miiverse private communities.

Seriously though, what's the chance of anything actually interesting coming from this? Because I'm sorta just expecting new trailers for old shit.

OMG Aero

If they announce that Chibi Robo eShop game and Denpa Men 3 for release outside of Japan I don't care what the rest of the Direct is about.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Seems pretty clear this will not be about new games, but given its a simultaneous Direct I see some sort of announcement- firmware, Zelda bundles or something else.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seriously though, what's the chance of anything actually interesting coming from this? Because I'm sorta just expecting new trailers for old shit.

Well, usually when the Direct is worldwide and at the same time it usually means big things, right?

Top Bottom