• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DMCA's SteamGridDB for offering various Nintendo title art amongst other sites

drotahorror

Nintendo has once again intervened to protect us all from misuse of the company's intellectual property. This time, lawyers have been issuing DMCA takedowns to SteamGridDB(opens in new tab), a site for the uploading and sharing of custom images for use in your Steam game library.

Nintendo has demanded SteamGridDB remove images of Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, Splatoon 3, Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Don't tell Nintendo but I just looked up cover art on google and found some. Maybe it's time to tackle one of the big dogs Ninty.

th4tguy

One of the first things you see when clicking the link is “assets for your entire wiiu library”.
This is a thing that is used to neatly organize Nintendo roms in your steam library for emulating.
Of course Nintendo would go after them.

Midn1ght

I use this website for my Steam Library and have been posting my custom artwork there for years.
What an idiotic move, close it down and 3 more will open by next week.

It's a great website, full of resources made by passionate people.
I mean, look at this beauty.

8b39ea6d6dd71922fe5a71527c0c2291.png

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Presumably its because they assume thats people adding in shortcuts to booting an emulated version of their games as non-steam titles. They can only assume that though so its pretty stupid really.

Its close to being the Minority Report of DMCAing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom