• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

jholmes

NintendoLife, via some Tumblr, is reporting Natsume says Nintendo is moving away from SNES titles on the Wii U Virtual Console, and says Nintendo does "the bulk of the work" on Virtual Console titles.

To that I say noooooooooooooo and ugh, why?

Used to use Sonic Boom since it was free, but grew tired of the music. Awesomely, a gaffer managed to hook me with with the Famicom Memories theme code that came with Ultimate NES Remix, so I've been using that.

Oh man, I guess it didn't come with Ultimate NES Remix when you bought it online? At least, I did not have it as an option after buying it.

Edit: It was added to my receipt! Had no idea.. good luck I read your post, because my code was going to expire next month. Kind of weird that it doesn't auto-apply the code.. but hey, at least I have it!

terrisus

NintendoLife, via some Tumblr, is reporting Natsume says Nintendo is moving away from SNES titles on the Wii U Virtual Console, and says Nintendo does "the bulk of the work" on Virtual Console titles.

To that I say noooooooooooooo and ugh, why?

If this about SNES VC I'll be sad.

---->

sörine;161348323 said:
Natsume's been giving some insight on VC:

http://ceecee-natsume.tumblr.com/post/117168749812/spring-q-a-part-1-classic-titles

Guess we can start bitching at Nintendo again over Pocky & Rocky and Lufia II.

WTF?!?!?!?!

Vylash

after buying the game the second it went up on the eshop, I have finished chapter 2 of bravely default, I'm good at video games

Tizoc

Gotta remember to get those GB Kirby games and Fantasy Zone 2 before the 30th as until next week I'm on a tight budget :p

Natsume being turned down goes directly against this.
Were they turned down, though? I'm weirded out by someone from Natsume giving that answer to a question specifically about Pocky Rocky and Lufia when those are two games they couldn't get out even if they tried to. They don't own those games, Square Enix does via Taito. They only published Lufia over here and while Pocky Rocky is actually developed by the original now defunct Japanese developer Natsume, Kiki Kai Kai is a Taito license (same with The Ninja Warriors Again, a game people should ask them more about).

So, yeah, don't put too much weight on that answer (on Facebook no less!). If Natsume could actually release those games, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would work it out eventually. Didn't someone from Natsume say before that they coudn't release Lufia because of licensing issues? That makes a lot more sense since their only involvement in the game is publishing it in America. This sort of sounds like an excuse to me.

sörine

Banned
I think we'll probably still get stuff like Mario RPG, StarTropics and other games from publishers already established on VC like Konami or Namco Bandai. I've basically given up hope on Square Enix or TG16 now though and this has me worried companies like Atlus might not have jumped in either when they could have.

Also Natsume's published Lufia GBC and is doing Pocky & Rocky GBA so it's definitely not an issue of them not being able to secure the licenses from Taito/SE. They said everything they originally published was on the table which is why they've been fielding questions about these IP.

GulAtiCa

The one thing I'm curious about for Cube Creator 3D, is if it has train stuff and redstone mechanics, esp redstone circuit logic.

jholmes

sörine;161402758 said:
I think we'll probably still get stuff like Mario RPG, StarTropics and other games from publishers already established on VC like Konami or Namco Bandai. I've basically given up hope on Square Enix or TG16 now though and this has me worried companies like Atlus might not have jumped in either when they could have.

I wish the Internet cared as much about TG16 re-releases as they do Hideo Kojima. We might know what's going on if they did.

Hale-XF11

The one thing I'm curious about for Cube Creator 3D, is if it has train stuff and redstone mechanics, esp redstone circuit logic.

Unfortunately not. It's a very watered-down clone. It doesn't even have multi-colored blocks or ladders, among other notable Minecraft staples. But it's better than no clone at all, I guess. It also has competition with Battleminer, so maybe we'll see updates with more features.

donny2112

The Super Scope 6 game is greatly underrated.

The Mole Patrol game is awesome, and the others are great as well.

Yep, Super Scope 6 is great. The Battle Clash and Metal Combat sequel are top-notch. Even Yoshi's Safari is well worth trying just because it's so unique and its story doesn't really show up anywhere else in games. Was really hoping Duck Hunt would start bringing in those games, too...

terrisus

Yep, Super Scope 6 is great. The Battle Clash and Metal Combat sequel are top-notch. Even Yoshi's Safari is well worth trying just because it's so unique and its story doesn't really show up anywhere else in games. Was really hoping Duck Hunt would start bringing in those games, too...

I remember that I had gotten 999,900 points, or whatever it was, in Mole Patrol for a Nintendo Power challenge one time...

I took a picture... But never got around to sending it in.
Ah well.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Yeah, TG16 missing from WiiU VC is one of the worst things ever, especially since in Japan they even get 'em as portable awesomeness on 3DS! God I'd spend so much cash and I'd WiiUized most of my Wii's 30+ TG16 purchases

Benedict

So my memory was correct, despite the praise here for Kirby, which made me reconsider.
I feel the games are shallow and joyless with nothing of value. Just another generic platformer.
Bought Kirby's Dreamland 2 and the only thing good about it was that is was on sale.

TheMoon

So my memory was correct, despite the praise here for Kirby, which made me reconsider.
I feel the games are shallow and joyless with nothing of value. Just another generic platformer.
Bought Kirby's Dreamland 2 and the only thing good about it was that is was on sale.

It's okay, everyone can be wrong sometimes. :)

Simbabbad

I played it again on 3DS a few months ago, and it really wasn't as good as I remembered. Basically, if you don't bother to look for the Rainbow Drops, it's WAY too easy and meh, and if you look for them, it's really annoying with tons of backtracking and "oops, you made a little mistake, redo everything".
As I said above, I also find Dreamland 3 way too slow and boring, and annoying if you look for 100%.

But I still consider Kirby's Adventure Wii/Return to Dreamland as an amazing game with which I had tons of fun. And the spin-off games are great.

TheMoon

Nice!

Drum Dash, wooo!

Week two

From 14:00 (UK time) on April 30th until 23:59 (UK time) on May 7th 2015, the following titles from the Kirby series are on sale:

Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe (Nintendo 3DS family systems)
TM_3DSDS_DededesDrumDashDeluxe_CMM_small.jpg

Sale price: £4.39 (was £6.29)
Sale price: 4,89 € (was: 6,99 €)

Bounce to the beat of catchy Kirby tunes playing as Kirby’s long-time rival King Dedede. This standalone rhythm action game includes content not found in Kirby: Triple Deluxe, including all-new stages and new obstacles.

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (Game Boy Advance) (Wii U)
TM_GBA_KirbyAndTheAmazingMirror_CMM_small.png

Sale price: £3.14 (was £6.29)
Sale price: 3,49 € (was : 6,99 €)

It's pink to the power of four in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. With different coloured versions of himself, our hero battles to rescue Meta Knight, then jumps into some crazy minigames for multicoloured fun.

Kirby's Adventure (NES) (Wii U)
TM_WiiUVC_KirbysAdventure_CMM_small.png

Sale price: £1.74 (was £3.49)
Sale price: 2,49 € (was: 4,99 €)

Kirby's home console debut pits the hero against King Dedede, who's stolen and shattered the magical Star Rod that powered all happy dreams. Use 20 special abilities and enjoy bonus levels and minigames on your way to saving Dream Land!

Other titles from the Kirby series on sale this week:

Kirby's Dream Course (Super NES) (Wii U)
Kirby Super Star (Super NES) (Wii U)
Kirby's Pinball Land (Game Boy) (Nintendo 3DS family systems)
Kirby's Star Stacker (Game Boy) (Nintendo 3DS family systems)
Kirby's Block Ball (Game Boy) (Nintendo 3DS family systems)

Week three

From 14:00 (UK time) on May 7th until 23:59 (UK time) on May 14th 2015, the following title from the Kirby series is on sale:

Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo 3DS family systems)
TM_3DS_KirbyTripleDeluxe_CMM_small.png

Sale price: £24.99 (was £34.99)
Sale price: 29,99 € (was: 39,99 €)

Go side-to-side and back-to-front in Kirby: Triple Deluxe, on Nintendo 3DS family systems! A fresh, colourful adventure, a crushing new Hypernova Ability, and two exciting minigames equals triple the fun!

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush 10% Fan Discount
TM_WiiU_KirbyAndTheRainbowPaintbrush_enGB_CMM_small.jpg

Until 22:59 (UK time) on May 14th 2015, you can receive a 10% launch discount off Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush if you have purchased another Kirby game from Nintendo eShop using the same Nintendo Network ID.*

Bowl0l

Yes!! NoA's sales will be... ok, I will wait for it... Til next time...

I hope Nintendo allows their next handheld and home console to share storage.
I gave a 1TB HDD to my WiiU and I feel that I will never fill it up...

daydream

Banned
Hm, time to get a complete Kirby collection on 3DS, methinks. Played through Dream Land again a couple of days ago, still an amazingly accomplished platformer.

Ladekabel

No 3D Classics: Kirby? :(

A handheld using a console's storage?
How would that even work?

I don't if what I'm writing is right, but I believe you can download and store games for the Vita on the PS3. Maybe he means something like that? Haven't used it yet so I might be talking bullshit.

Socreges

Banned
I hear you, jumped in with Dry Bowser and the new really fast kart, I couldn't even make most of the corners.
Which one?

The new courses are excellent. Great DLC. Realized that I've still got to beat some cups on 150cc, though. I blame the gf for always demanding 100cc. Always bringing me down...

Bowl0l

A handheld using a console's storage?
How would that even work?
I don't if what I'm writing is right, but I believe you can download and store games for the Vita on the PS3. Maybe he means something like that? Haven't used it yet so I might be talking bullshit.
I'm hoping that Nintendo allow handheld game saves and downloads to be stored in WiiU external HDD.
I will not dare to dream for the merger of WiiU and 3DS eshop.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Which one?

The new courses are excellent. Great DLC. Realized that I've still got to beat some cups on 150cc, though. I blame the gf for always demanding 100cc. Always bringing me down...

Can't remember the name, the white one that looked like it was out of speed racer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
P-Wing? Yeah, it does remind me a bit of Speed Racer.

I must say, the Time Trials for some of the new tracks are HARD. Cheese Land especially.

Bowl0l

One Question:
If the eshop download failed, I have to delete and start over, right?
Is there a proper way to eject an ext. HDD?

Tizoc

This has been on my mind for a while and I couldn't think of any other thread to ask about it other than here:
How come no other company, namely Activision, bothered to make a shooting game involving paint guns? When you think how popular shooters have become, why hadn't a company aimed at making a kid friendly-like shooting game involving paint guns like what we're getting with Splatoon?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This has been on my mind for a while and I couldn't think of any other thread to ask about it other than here:
How come no other company, namely Activision, bothered to make a shooting game involving paint guns? When you think how popular shooters have become, why hadn't a company aimed at making a kid friendly-like shooting game involving paint guns like what we're getting with Splatoon?
They have.

It's just that nobody really knows they exist. That 2nd one (MAX'D) was on DS & GBA, while that 2009 one was on Wii.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, maybe I should get triple deluxe when the sale hits then

Camjo-Z

There's Animaniacs Splat Ball, I remember playing that a little too much as a kid.

And if the equally kid-friendly water guns count, there's Water Warfare on WiiWare. Never played it though, so I have no idea whether it's any good.

Top Bottom