• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2016

TheMoon

kawadevil.jpg

like I said, just a matter of when. it'll be the last 3DS game ever released ...sometime in the 2020s.

btw I hope y'all ready for a lot of Animal Crossing New Leaf talk in that Direct tomorrow ;D

For the Capcom sale, which 3DS Monster Hunter game would be best for someone who's never played one, 3 or 4? Is 4 worth the extra 10 bucks?

4. Definitely 4. Do not buy 3 as a beginner just because it's cheaper. 4 has all the beginner-friendly stuff. Besides, 3 on 3DS doesn't have online (unless tether to a Wii U).

RedColumn

Making the list of America Nindie games launching this week

There are 13 games, but half of them are from Skunk Software (they are launching 6 games)

Camjo-Z

There are 13 games, but half of them are from Skunk Software (they are launching 6 games)

lmao at Piano Teacher for $39.99

According to the page on Nintendo's website, the game's lessons have been "carefully crafted by world-renowned pianist and YouTube™ sensation Jen Msumba"! A world-renowned sensation? Why, she must be rolling in subscri-

526e449801b7907007df70590ba7f5e7.png

hmmmm

Another fun fact: Panda Love is a free browser game that can be beaten in 5 minutes by a competent player. And they're charging $1.49 for it.

It's a race to the bottom this week, folks.

So when I finished Mario 64 on the VC a few months ago, or was it like a year ago? I can't remember. Anyway, when I finished it, got all 120 stars, I said to myself "Good. Now I dont have to touch Mario 64 again for another 10 years. Unless the DS version comes out on the VC, then I'll just have to 100% that one too."

So here it is. It's out now. I bought it. I have 30 stars now. I'm stuck.

However, the controls and tightness are completely lost in this version. The lack of precision with the control stick is a downer. The inability to move the camera with the stick too sucks. You have to use the tiny buttons on the touch screen. And you can't even remap any controls so I keep trying to crouch or long jump with the menu button. And since you have to run manually (Couldn't they make an exception where the stick will walk normally when less than halfway tilted and act as if the run button is pressed when all the way tilted? It's not that hard! And it wouldn't need any recoding of the game.) it's hard to also use Yoshi's tongue move. And I keep forgetting which button is for punching with Mario. Oh, and that stupid feature where the character keeps walking in one direction even after I switch directions and walks off cliffs and shit when I don't want him to.

This is gonna be more frustrating than the 64 version was which had a tiny delay that was enough to throw me and my 20 year old muscle memory off.

Other than that, I'm having fun. I don't remember a lot from this version. So there's a lot to discover again. All the changes are nice to see and it makes it feel like a different game in many ways. But those quirks really can be problems sometimes.

After I finish this, I might buy Mario Kart DS.

Yeah, that's why I have little fondness for this version of Mario 64. They really should've waited until the 3DS to remake that game. I'd actually be on board for them trying again actually.

deadfolk

Yeah, that's why I have little fondness for this version of Mario 64. They really should've waited until the 3DS to remake that game. I'd actually be on board for them trying again actually.

Yep. I'd pay a good chunk for a portable version of SM64 with proper controls.

maxcriden

Yep. I'd pay a good chunk for a portable version of SM64 with proper controls.

Agreed on both counts.

Majora's Mask for Wii U VC when!?

You're a Zelda fan, don't punish yourself like that. ;___: Pick up MM3D instead!

HYDE

Banned
You're a Zelda fan, don't punish yourself like that. ;___: Pick up MM3D instead!

Already own it...want to upgrade my last remaining Wii VC game.

Super Mario 64 3DS please Nintendo please, especially if that support until 2018 is true.

maxcriden

Already own it...want to upgrade my last remaining Wii VC game.

Super Mario 64 3DS please Nintendo please, especially if that support until 2018 is true.

Oh, gotcha. Phew. :)

I will gladly second this SM64 3DS notion. I wonder if they're waiting for NX to make it SM64 HD, though.

TheMoon

It has to be called Super Mario 64 DS 3D though. Then, a year later, port it to NX and call it Super Mario 64 DS 3D HD.

Refyref

If we're talking about N64 ports we want, I've wanted a F-Zero X Complete 3D for the 3DS for years. Too bad that has no chance of being anything but a dream.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does Bomberman 94 have a dedicated and hopefully fun single player campaign? I'm dying for some 1-player Bomberman.
This reminds me I wish the N64 games would get re-released. Especially since I'd like to go back & actually finish/get further into Second Attack.

Shizuka

Do you guys think third parties will drop Wii U/3DS VC after the NX's announcement? I'm still waiting for my FFVI SNES/GBA VC release.

TheMoon

Do you guys think third parties will drop Wii U/3DS VC after the NX's announcement? I'm still waiting for my FFVI SNES/GBA VC release.

Square Enix will dump all their Wii VC games on Wii U VC the day before NX comes out, like usual. Then wonder why they don't perform so well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of bummed the Direct will be airing while I'm sleeping, though I plan on watching it as soon as I wake up before checking stuff like gaf & Twitter.

......though I wonder if I should quick check the eShop for any surprise releases.

My only other prediction aside from one or two games being available after the Direct is done is perhaps the announcement of Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal on 3DS VC.

Does Bomberman 94 have a dedicated and hopefully fun single player campaign? I'm dying for some 1-player Bomberman.

Yes. I'm playing the actual Hucard right now on my Turbo Duo and it has a nice, dedicated single player campaign complete with boss fights for each world. The levels are fun, colorful and nicely varied with plenty of enemies to contend with.

Hilarion

Outside of the three Pokemon games and the SNES N3DS games, there haven't been any 3DS VC releases in two years from anyone.

As for the Wii U VC, it's totally dependent on whether or not the NX VC starts with the Wii U one as a base. I know a lot of people here pooh-pooh the idea, but I think it's very possible that they will start out with the NES/SNES/N64/DS/GBA library of the Wii U and slowly expand from there. If they weren't eyeing something like that, they'd have tapered off Wii U VC releases long ago, and they're actually releasing them faster than they used to.

Top Bottom