• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2010

jgkspsx

Oxx said:
Has anybody managed to unlock the final class in Reflect Missile/Trajectile?

There are three stages in the penultimate class that I just cannot beat.
You unlock Platinum by getting medals.

Update: Link & Launch still hasn't clicked with me. Chronos Twins is just not fun. Escapee Go! gets really frustrating when the soldiers show up. But Reflect Missile and Number Battle are wonderful. AiRace: Tunnel is really enjoyable in a brainless sort of way, too.

donny2112

Dash Kappei said:
OT:

Is there a known reason for this? What I mean is, Evilore/his minions did actually say something about the search function coming back and when?
Also, is it just me or the forum's crashing more and more? Not today, but most days (like 3 days out of 7) the forum is slooooow and I end up gettin' many 500s.

The two are connected. To reduce I/O demands on the server, search has been disabled. It came back briefly (reducing the number of returned records to 100 versus the usual 1000) before being locked out of use by normal users (I think mods/Admins can still use it, though). There hasn't been anything said about it returning, but it may if they can get the performance issues worked out on the server. In the meantime, EviLore had a thread saying to use Google to search for threads. Just specify "site:neogaf.com" with any search terms to just search NeoGAF. You can't do post histories or threads posted by a single user that way, though. :(

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: NEW GAME DOWNLOADS FOR WII AND NINTENDO DSI PACK A PRESIDENTIAL PUNCH

Feb. 15, 2010

In honor of Presidents Day, let's take a moment to reflect on the qualities that make a great leader, plus some exceptional games you can use to nurture them. Problem-solving skills are a must, both in the Oval Office and in the new Phoenix Wright™ Ace Attorney: JUSTICE FOR ALL game for the WiiWare service. A way with words is essential, too, as you'll discover in Scrabble™ Classic for the Nintendo DSiWare service. Real Soccer 2010 proves the value of teamwork, while Spotto! ™ highlights the importance of facing fearsome threats head-on. And while we're not sure how effective a hedgehog would be as commander-in-chief, the SEGA classic Sonic & Knuckles™ - now available to Wii™ owners via the Virtual Console™ - demonstrates real bipartisan appeal.

WiiWare

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney®: JUSTICE FOR ALL

Publisher: Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Blood, Mild Violence, Suggestive Themes
Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
Description: Phoenix Wright is back as the second game in the popular Ace Attorney hand-held franchise comes to the WiiWare service. As Phoenix Wright, you'll play through four shocking new cases in first-person perspective. The game features two unique game play modes. In Investigations Mode, you'll survey crime scenes, interview witnesses and gather evidence. You'll then present findings, listen to testimonials and examine witnesses in Court Mode. JUSTICE FOR ALL also includes a new "Psyche-Lock" feature that allows Phoenix to use a line of questioning to reveal inconsistencies in witness testimony.

Art of Balance
Publisher: Shin'en Multimedia
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Grab your Wii Remote™ controller and build a balanced stack in this physics-based puzzler, featuring 100 levels that challenge not only your skills but also your imagination. The game is easy to pick up and hard to put away. Play alone or invite a friend to grab a second Wii Remote controller and drop in at any point for co-op play. There's even a dedicated two-player split-screen "versus" mode for extra fun.

WarMen Tactics
Publisher: CALARIS
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Blood, Violence
Description: In the year 2013, civil unrest across the globe has prompted world leaders to merge the police and military into a single force called the Department of Control. This force is opposed by a resistance made up of former military members who refused to join the Department. Marco is one of them, and the game tells his story. Join Marco as he is deployed on a mission to destroy scrambler devices placed around the city. Created to reflect the realities of urban warfare, the game requires players to take cover behind walls and other obstacles as they strive to defeat enemies and advance to the next post.

Nintendo DSiWare

Spotto!
Publisher: Nintendo
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Meet Spotto, a plucky duck on a mission. Ill-behaved ghosts have kidnapped Chikkie Wowwow, President Wowwow's daughter. Spotto, being the world's foremost Bombirdier, must follow these ghosts to a haunted house and use his trusty bombs to blast the baddies. Take control of Spotto, adjusting his aim with the stylus and trying to toss bombs into the ghosts' mouths in 50 "explosive" stages. Along the way, you'll avoid obstacles (or use them to your advantage), find powerful Super Bombs to inflict even more damage and even encounter a frighteningly large ghost or two. With multiple modes of play and numerous solutions for successfully blasting ghosts to pieces, this is one haunted house you'll want to visit often.

Spaceball: Revolution
Publisher: Virtual Toys
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Spaceball: Revolution will put your intelligence and skill to the test as you solve puzzles in a futuristic environment. Copy the figures that appear on the top screen, using energy balls that make the boxes correctly change color. It won't be an easy task. Different obstacles will be thrown into your path, challenging you to polish your aim and think rapidly. Fifteen different levels are waiting for you in Spaceball: Revolution. Are you up to the challenge?

Scrabble Classic
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Players: 1-4
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Scrabble, one of the world's most popular board games, is enjoying a tremendous surge in popularity, both online and in the real world. Scrabble for the Nintendo DSiWare service allows you to play this exciting game in both Single Player and Multi-Player modes.

Real Soccer 2010
Publisher: Gameloft
Players: 1-4
Description: Real Soccer is back for the most exciting season yet. Choose from more teams than ever before and compete in new stadiums around the world. Lead your team to victory on the field and make tactical decisions as the coach.

Prehistorik Man
Publisher: Interplay
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Violence
Description: Life is hard for Sam the Prehistorik Man. With three-and-a-half hours of work each week, there's barely time to fit in all the sleeping, eating and cave-painting that needs to be done. When greedy dinosaurs guzzle his village's winter food source, Sam gets mad. Armed with his best club and his powerful hunter's voice, Sam needs your help to proceed through 22 levels of food-gathering and dinosaur-bashing. With fast-paced action, hundreds of secret areas, weapons and unlikely vehicles to find, you'll need to be smart. Well…smarter than Sam, anyway.

Virtual Console

Sonic & Knuckles

Original platform: SEGA Genesis
Publisher: SEGA
Description: Sonic, the world's fastest hedgehog, continues his adventures in this fourth installment of the Sonic The Hedgehog™ series. This time, he buddies up with his former enemy, Knuckles the Echidna, in order to defeat the evil Dr. Eggman (a.k.a. Dr. Robotnik). At the end of Sonic The Hedgehog 3, Dr. Eggman's ultimate orbital weapon for global domination, the Death Egg, was badly damaged in an epic battle with Sonic. The Death Egg, losing power rapidly, hurtled back down to the planet below and crash-landed on the mysterious Angel Island again. Now Sonic and Knuckles must put a stop to Dr. Eggman once and for all before Eggman and his no-goodniks find the secret to Angel Island's floating power, the Master Emerald. This game features Lock-On Technology, which allows you to play as Knuckles in other Sonic titles available for the Virtual Console, including Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and Sonic The Hedgehog 3, as long as these titles are part of your Virtual Console library.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit Wii.com or NintendoDSi.com.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
spotto! (200 points) is developed by intsys, looks like a logical progression if you liked bird and beans.

not that anyone will notice given that nintendo didn't actually announce the game and likely will not do an ounce of promotion for it, even though it's internally developed.

sfog

Lijik said:
I remember seeing Prehistorik Man on the GBA. Was it any good?

I haven't played the GBA port, but the SNES original was okay. Just your typical mid-90s third party platformer, not particularly good or bad. I'd assume this DSiWare title is based on the GBA port, which fwiw, has a 69 average at Metacritic.

zigg

Stumpokapow said:
spotto! (200 points) is developed by intsys, looks like a logical progression if you liked bird and beans.

Screens:

f3ys8j.jpg
nmc41d.jpg
2cs6jye.jpg

Might get this one for my business trip tomorrow.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Sonic & Knuckles rules. 1 game per week on VC bites ass, but when it's a great game at least it bites less.....

dave_d

Wait a sec, so the Sega collection for the PS3/Xbox which has all 4 games together doesn't support lockon however Virtual Console where you'd can't get them together in one buy actually supports lock-on? Oh wait, it's Sega. Stupid stuff like that is to be expected.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
dave_d said:
Wait a sec, so the Sega collection for the PS3/Xbox which has all 4 games together doesn't support lockon however Virtual Console where you'd can't get them together in one buy actually supports lock-on? Oh wait, it's Sega on the Virtual Console. Stuff like pitch perfect emulation is to be expected.

Fixed.

Emulation accuracy has always been a problem with cheap ports done by lazy companies. Backbone, who has done almost all of the Sega work for the other consoles this gen, is extremely lazy in this area, concerned with getting the product out and not something absolutely vital like preserving lock on.

VC games are something of a premium emulation product, so going without it would be unforgivable. You pay for such attention to details!

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
VideoMan said:
WarMen Tactics
Description: In the year 2013, civil unrest across the globe has prompted world leaders to merge the police and military into a single force called the Department of Control. This force is opposed by a resistance made up of former military members who refused to join the Department. Marco is one of them, and the game tells his story. Join Marco as he is deployed on a mission to destroy scrambler devices placed around the city. Created to reflect the realities of urban warfare, the game requires players to take cover behind walls and other obstacles as they strive to defeat enemies and advance to the next post.
Sounds interesting. Anyone got more info?

Lonely1 said:
Sounds interesting. Anyone got more info?

Warmen Tactics Gameplay Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIC5sYoIV6Q

It doesn't look bad, persay, but the developer's repritoire is something to be highly concerned about. According to MobyGames, they helped with M&M's Racing and both versions of Chicken Shoot. Yeah.

Oh, and to top it off, this game was originally called Warmen and it was released on IPhone. So, I'd say wait for reviews or more impressions to get into it.

Yuuuuuuuuus Sonic & Knuckles!

Finally my VC copy of Sonic 3 I got in anticipation of S&K's future release will be complete!

LOCK-ON TO FORM GREATEST SONIC GAME OF ALL TIME!

Go Team Super Sonic Power!

Ranger X

Is this the SNES' Prehistoric Man game?

If it's the game in questions guys you all run and buy that. This is one of the top B-tier platformer of the 16bit era and the only truly good game Titus ever made. It's quite historical.

nicknick

Man God said:
Emulation accuracy has always been a problem with cheap ports done by lazy companies. Backbone, who has done almost all of the Sega work for the other consoles this gen, is extremely lazy in this area, concerned with getting the product out and not something absolutely vital like preserving lock on.

Agreed. I have no qualms paying $8 per Sonic or Phantasy Star on VC. Feels like I'm buying a complete game with the best-possible emulation. I've tried compilations of Sega stuff before and just can't get into the individual games like I can when I have them as 'channels.' It's an event.

Yeah, kinda sad.

OMG Aero

Man God said:
Fixed.

VC games are something of a premium emulation product, so going without it would be unforgivable. You pay for such attention to details!
To be fair, Backbone's XBLA version of Sonic and Knuckles can lock on to the other Sonic XBLA games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
OMG Aero said:
To be fair, Backbone's XBLA version of Sonic and Knuckles can lock on to the other Sonic XBLA games.

The problem with that release is that they ROYALLY fucked up the saving system, making Emeralds pretty much a one and done get it or forget it situation. Also a friend told me, as I don't own it myself that the sound effects are off and that the game actually has slowdown in places.

OnPoint

VideoMan said:
WarMen Tactics

They should have said "In the distant future, the year 2013"

I'd have lol'd

Agnates

Banned
I saw the name, then I saw the intro and in-game cut scene and thought omg TBS game in the X-Com vein?! Yeah, no, a crappy looking Time Crisis-alike. No thank you.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Man God said:
The problem with that release is that they ROYALLY fucked up the saving system, making Emeralds pretty much a one and done get it or forget it situation. Also a friend told me, as I don't own it myself that the sound effects are off and that the game actually has slowdown in places.
So, it's basically a typical Backbone release.

Man God said:

I'd just as well blow my brains out before getting every single Chaos Emerald in a single playthrough of Sonic 3K.

Seriously fuck those damn bonus rounds. I still have nightmares of playing 30+ rounds of them hoping to unlock Knuckles in Sonic 1 way back when.

Finally I can complete the Sonic games on the VC. A shame it doesn't lock on to Sonic 1 for Blue Spheres but you're not really missing much. And Justice for All dropping doesn't hurt either.

sfog

ReXXXSoprano said:
Finally I can complete the Sonic games on the VC. A shame it doesn't lock on to Sonic 1 for Blue Spheres but you're not really missing much.

Blue Sphere is in it, even though it's not mentioned in the PR. Videos of both the JP and EU VC releases show it.

dave_d

Princess Skittles said:
So, it's basically a typical Backbone release.

And typical stuff from Sega.(IE hiring somebody like that.) Just par for the course for them. (Go ahead, look up how if you're playing emulators on a win32 system what you have to do to "enable lock-on", it's not even hard.)

sfog said:
Blue Sphere is in it, even though it's not mentioned in the PR. Videos of both the JP and EU VC releases show it.

Oh, cool then. I really didn't keep up with the release on S&K elsewhere so that adds to the hype. Thank You.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
i think i'm screwed. i went to the dsistore to instaget prehistorik (titus rule), but the store was not updated yet, so i went for a quick dark void session *stupid blu, stupid*. wife saw me playing and said she wanted to check it out (i had deliberately kept that one away from her). it all ended up with my dsi been taken away from me for an indefinite time (wife is a 2d metroid maniac, and that comes from somebody who's beaten fusion and zm 4+ times each). shall i get her her own dsi or shall i persevere until she puts it down?.. eventually. alternatively, i can try to get her attention switched to something on the ipod touch, but nothing on the app store comes close to a true old school platformer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
blu said:
i think i'm screwed. i went to the dsistore to instaget prehistorik (titus rule), but the store was not updated yet, so i went for a quick dark void session *stupid blu, stupid*. wife saw me playing and said she wanted to check it out (i had deliberately kept that one away from her). it all ended up with my dsi been taken away from me for an indefinite time (wife is a 2d metroid maniac, and that comes from somebody who's beaten fusion and zm 4+ times each). shall i get her her own dsi or shall i persevere until she puts it down?.. eventually. alternatively, i can try to get her attention switched to something on the ipod touch, but nothing on the app store comes close to a true old school platformer.

If you buy her her own DSi, you'll have to buy Dark Void Zero again because of the chump account management system Nintendo has going on.

rpmurphy

Stumpokapow said:
If you buy her her own DSi, you'll have to buy Dark Void Zero again because of the chump account management system Nintendo has going on.
Do new DSi's still have that free 1000 points thing going on?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
rpmurphy said:
Do new DSi's still have that free 1000 points thing going on?

nope.

there are two new bundles that each have 2-3 games/apps pre-bundled. one is mario calculator, mario vs dk 3, and ... uh... one of the brain age games? either way, not a particularly good deal versus the 1000 bonus points.

Top Bottom