• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2012

abasm

I received a $20 eShop card for Christmas and have been saving it--I think it might be the right time to start making some purchases. (Or should I just keep waiting on Rolling Western? Hmmm...)

Javier

Holy crap, that reminded me! New batch of downloadable games with Nintendo Coins tomorrow!

If you don't have Majora's Mask yet get it NOW!

i can't explain why, but Genius Sonority's RPG is the first eShop original that I've really wanted to buy, none of the others really grab my attention, that includes Sakura Samurai, Mighty Switch Force, etc. Rolling Western is a relitavely close second though, wonder who's behind that.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So are we 110% sure that Club Nintendo will be updating tomorrow with a new slate of 4 games to spend coins on for download?

Damn. Another week, another great release on the eShop. How many weeks in a row already since the awesome Pushmo? It seems like it never ends.
Well just since Pushmo we've had Mighty Switch Force, VVVVVV, Zen Pinball, Mighty Mutant Mudds so its been a pretty good run thus far, really hope this does keep up. I think I'm going to need to buy some more points card soon.

jgkspsx

I'm excited for Game Gear games! I hope they release the Master System games instead where possible, though.

I am in for Shinobi GG and Dragon Crystal. Sonic Drift is not something I would play again. Maybe Columns if it's $3.

I've bought (and beaten) Triple Trouble enough times that I don't know that buying it again makes sense. Depends on the price.

backlot

So are we 110% sure that Club Nintendo will be updating tomorrow with a new slate of 4 games to spend coins on for download?

It seems like you can never completely trust a date Nintendo gives you but they updated Club Nintendo on time this month. They'll probably put new ones up tomorrow.

Just checked the JP eShop, looks like Japan's getting Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters next week. (That wasn't originally released in Japan, correct?)

There's a demo for Good People Die as well, it seems. It's apparently the same as Vita demo.

GeekyDad

You're definitely the odd (wo)man out so far.

I missed something. Nowhere close to Pushmo for me (see the January thread for my impressions).

True enough. I definitely appreciated reading your feedback about the game, but it seems like it's going to come to a matter of taste and/or expectations. Sakura Samurai and Pushmo are exactly what I want out of a $7 game. The quality and amount of content seems like such a great match in both cases. I'll know for sure on Thursday about Sakura Samurai, but it looks like my cup of green tea for sure.

Boney

Banned
i can't explain why, but Genius Sonority's RPG is the first eShop original that I've really wanted to buy, none of the others really grab my attention, that includes Sakura Samurai, Mighty Switch Force, etc. Rolling Western is a relitavely close second though, wonder who's behind that.

I'm pretty sure the Zelda team is behind Rolling Western.

Pretty hyped for SS though, Goemon + Punchout can only be a good thing.

Bullza2o

I'm pretty sure the Zelda team is behind Rolling Western.

Pretty hyped for SS though, Goemon + Punchout can only be a good thing.
After I read that the Zelda team was working on this, I looked for a video on Youtube.

This is an action/TD game?! Holy crap this looks amazing!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Just checked the JP eShop, looks like Japan's getting Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters next week. (That wasn't originally released in Japan, correct?)

Correct. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall the Japanese Wii VC missing out on some of the English-only releases like StarTropics in the past... I wonder if this is significant. Probably not, the standard protocols don't seem to apply over there.

Vanillalite

We should leave the 10% out, but yeah we're pretty sure a new batch will come tomorrow.

It seems like you can never completely trust a date Nintendo gives you but they updated Club Nintendo on time this month. They'll probably put new ones up tomorrow.

Nintendo's twitter feed seems to be run be fellows in the know, and NOA tweeted yesterday:

So I'd say the chance is pretty good.

Thanks for the replies! Now I just wish we knew what we are getting!!!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Grounding. The former Panzer Dragoon guys currently also working on Project Draco for Microsoft.
So Futatsugi worked on it? :eek:

I thought it looked interesting but the game sounds pretty packed too. I wonder how long it is.

jrDev

Holy crap, that reminded me! New batch of downloadable games with Nintendo Coins tomorrow!

If you don't have Majora's Mask yet get it NOW!

Wow, I forgot about my coins and that they can now give me free games, this what I've been waiting for out of a points system like this.

Just grabbed Majora's mask since I never played it :-O

What else is up for grabs? I have a couple more games to redeem, twilight princess and a bunch of others.

What's the minimum amount of coins you can buy on 3dsware? or can you by exact amount now?

I don't know if I should just buy a 2000 point card at a store (this'll work on 3DS, right?) or spend exact amount getting the Samurai game.

So Futatsugi worked on it? :eek:

I thought it looked interesting but the game sounds pretty packed too. I wonder how long it is.

I've heard 3-4 hours, but there are harder difficulties and extra modes afterwards.

Linkzg said:
What's the minimum amount of coins you can buy on 3dsware? or can you by exact amount now?

I don't know if I should just buy a 2000 point card at a store (this'll work on 3DS, right?) or spend exact amount getting the Samurai game.

You can add exact funds now as of the latest update. Buy the item, it'll say insufficient funds, and then when you go to Add Funds, you can select the exact amount.

Vanillalite

Wow, I forgot about my coins and that they can now give me free games, this what I've been waiting for out of a points system like this.

Just grabbed Majora's mask since I never played it :-O

What else is up for grabs? I have a couple more games to redeem, twilight princess and a bunch of others.

Outside of MM it's basically Dr. Mario Month. If you don't want that then it's wait till tomorrow when the new games are up.

Roto13

Points cards don't work with 3DS. It uses real money now. You can use a credit card to add the exact amount you need, or you can buy a $20 eShop card.

To balance out IGN's positive review of Sakura Samurai, here's NWR's review.

If you can get over the repetition, Sakura Samurai is a worthwhile experience. However, with the onslaught of better games on the eShop, you’re not missing too much if you skip it.

Sounds like the game as a lot to it, but it can be a bit repetitious. Another editor agrees in the comments.

Negator

New Club Nintendo rewards for February

Art Academy: First Semester (3DS) - 150 Coins
Mario Part 2 (Wii) - 150 Coins

Bunch of shit

sakipon

There's a demo for Good People Die as well, it seems. It's apparently the same as Vita demo.

Yeah, with only 6 launches. Is the Vita demo publicly on PSN? Is it limited at all? If not, why would they want to choose a strict limit on one platform..?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
are either super mario land 1 or 2 worth a look? I've never played them and love mario games.

I'm surprised by how awesome links awakening is as well. Quality title right there. lots of fun on the train.

mclem

super mario land 2 is one of the best mario platformers. a must have IMO

I don't agree, actually. It's interesting, and enjoyable enough, but it feels, well, *wrong*. The pace just isn't there, and the levels are a bit on the sparse side. If they made Mario into some other character, I don't think that it would feel like a Mario game at all. You couldn't say that about SML1, or SMB3.

There was something else that bothered me on replaying it too, but I can't recall what. Did the jump feel off? Maybe.

That said, that's only regarding it *as a Mario game*. It's still a fun enough platformer in its own right.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Well just since Pushmo we've had Mighty Switch Force, VVVVVV, Zen Pinball, Mighty Mutant Mudds so its been a pretty good run thus far, really hope this does keep up. I think I'm going to need to buy some more points card soon.
And before Pushmo we had FreakyForms. eShop has been a fine source of entertainment so far.

I don't agree, actually. It's interesting, and enjoyable enough, but it feels, well, *wrong*. The pace just isn't there, and the levels are a bit on the sparse side. If they made Mario into some other character, I don't think that it would feel like a Mario game at all. You couldn't say that about SML1, or SMB3.

There was something else that bothered me on replaying it too, but I can't recall what. Did the jump feel off? Maybe.

That said, that's only regarding it *as a Mario game*. It's still a fun enough platformer in its own right.

In regards to how it feels to play, it really feels like a mix between super mario bros. 3 portable and the genesis of the wario games (not warioware minigames but the platformers).

It's interesting because the next portable mario land game was wario land.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Top Bottom