• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2012

GeekyDad

Sounds like the game as a lot to it, but it can be a bit repetitious. Another editor agrees in the comments.

From my experience, it's more accurate.

Pretty much what I expected and what I assumed would be the divisive element of this game. I think this will appeal to the same people (myself included) that dig series like Dynasty/Samurai Warriors. Different sensibilities, but similar in the sense of their repetition. I love having a few games where I can mindlessly button mash -- always have. And the setting and presentation obviously have huge appeal for many of us.

StayDead

Anyone else try the Denpa Ningen demo today? After playing it I seriously think I might pick it up. It's a lot of fun for a nice little JRPG.

Tunavi

Banned
I don't agree, actually. It's interesting, and enjoyable enough, but it feels, well, *wrong*. The pace just isn't there, and the levels are a bit on the sparse side. If they made Mario into some other character, I don't think that it would feel like a Mario game at all. You couldn't say that about SML1, or SMB3.

There was something else that bothered me on replaying it too, but I can't recall what. Did the jump feel off? Maybe.

That said, that's only regarding it *as a Mario game*. It's still a fun enough platformer in its own right.
Well it's only $4, so I still think its a must-have. I grew up playing this game, so thats probably why I love it so much now, but it aged pretty well IMO.

Tunic

Disappointed there are only 2 Club Nintendo game rewards to choose from. Hopefully they release some more soon.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Heh.

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software and Demos

• LovePlus Tools (Konami | ¥200) Upcoming (02/13)

I wish we has LovePlus tools ;)

Sakura Samurai tomorrow let's go!!
Who's with me?

Also: maybe picking up Art Academy from rewards

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Anyone know anything about the GO Series: Undead Storm game? It sounds good for $2, and I thought a decent number of the GO Series games were seen as "decent"...

GeekyDad

Yeah, most of the GO games are just that, decent. For $2, it's probably worth a try if it looks like something you're into. I've had my fill of these types of games, and this particular one certainly isn't pretty, but that's just me...

Fixed.

And yes, I'm downloading it tomorrow, despite not even finished with Mutant Mudds or Pushmo..

I'm picking up tomorrow as well and same as above haven't even finished those 2, stuck on the Ladybird Pushmo at the moment, can't figure it out for the life of me.

Also really can't wait for Rolling Western, looks just amazing.

mclem

Well it's only $4, so I still think its a must-have. I grew up playing this game, so thats probably why I love it so much now, but it aged pretty well IMO.

I grew up playing it too, which is why I was so surprised at how *wrong* it felt, coming back to it now. I think I've got a more acute sense of how games feel and play these days.

Bullza2o

I'm picking up tomorrow as well and same as above haven't even finished those 2, stuck on the Ladybird Pushmo at the moment, can't figure it out for the life of me.

Also really can't wait for Rolling Western, looks just amazing.
Apparently Rolling Western comes out this month too. All I've been playing so far this year are 3DS games, and the backlog keeps piling up.

GeekyDad

Apparently Rolling Western comes out this month too. All I've been playing so far this year are 3DS games, and the backlog keeps piling up.

Hmph...wasn't expecting it this soon. Might have to get another gift card.

After Rolling Western... What's left for the eShop?
D:
Nintendo better announce some games soon.

Well, they've still got a back log 3DSWare that released in Japan that has yet to make its way here. Might just end up seeing some of those games localized.

Well it's the DS Zelda team, so don't get too excited.

It'd be nice to have a confirmation from somebody else though!

I can confirm that everything saying that the Zelda team is making Rolling Western is nothing more than GAF speculation. People saw Dillon rolling around like a Goron and heard that his voice sounds like Link's and all of a sudden this is the game they've been making since finishing Spirit Tracks.

After Rolling Western... What's left for the eShop?
D:
Nintendo better announce some games soon.

There is that ThruSpace Sequel, but otherwise, Nintendo is pretty quiet about eShop stuff. I would suspect that they might bring that RPG from Genius Sonority over, but that may take a bit of time to get over.

Expect the next Nintendo Direct to have announcements if GDC doesn't.

Tyeforce

Sparkle Snapshots 2.
For some reason I'm actually looking forward to that. XD My friend has the DSiWare game, and it's pretty cool. It's just like a purikura machine. Maybe a tad too girly for me, but it's still pretty neat. Hopefully this new one gets localized too.

Somnid

For some reason I'm actually looking forward to that. XD My friend has the DSiWare game, and it's pretty cool. It's just like a purikura machine. Maybe a tad too girly for me, but it's still pretty neat. Hopefully this new one gets localized too.

Well it's also notable for being the first Nintendo title to feature paid add-on content.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Anyone here play League of Legends? Rolling Western = Rammus... Then again Rammus does have that Bowser skin... lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Been looking forward to Sakura for a while. Need my kooky feudal Japan game fix - Goemon's long dead and Okami's fading fast in my memory.

Tyeforce

Seriously its my new addiction. Share your stuff on swapnote!
I'm still doing tutorials, and I'm not the greatest artist, but if I end up making anything good I'll be sure to share it. I've only played a bit of it but it's just so amazing how realistic it feels, and it's so simple to use, too.

watershed

Banned
I'm still doing tutorials, and I'm not the greatest artist, but if I end up making anything good I'll be sure to share it. I've only played a bit of it but it's just so amazing how realistic it feels, and it's so simple to use, too.

No worries, the only thing is it makes me wish the 3ds screens were bigger. This game is probably amazing with a DSi-XL.

StayDead

Now I've never played the GB Kid Icarus. Was it any good? I liked the NES one but I don't know if the GB one differs too much or if it's a port.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Now I've never played the GB Kid Icarus. Was it any good? I liked the NES one but I don't know if the GB one differs too much or if it's a port.

The levels are new but it's still very similar. I guess the big differences are that you can flap mid-jump to slow your descent a la tanooki Mario, and the smaller screen size means the levels loop around smoothly, so instead of Pit going off one side of the screen and appearing on the other like Pacman, the camera stays on Pit and everything just wraps around endlessly. Other than that it's basically the same shit - vertical levels, horizontal levels, dungeons, hearts, weird quirky mechanics that it never bothers to explain or even mention.

zigg

So...yeah, Art Academy is amazing. Just saying.
VALIDATION

Yeah, I went through it ages ago. Loved it. I never did get Second Semester, though. The glut of interesting DSiWare was creating a major ADD situation :lol

Re Rolling Western: I'm still hung up on the TD part. I am so sick of TD. Why does it have to have TD :(

Kacho

Pretty much what I expected and what I assumed would be the divisive element of this game. I think this will appeal to the same people (myself included) that dig series like Dynasty/Samurai Warriors. Different sensibilities, but similar in the sense of their repetition. I love having a few games where I can mindlessly button mash -- always have. And the setting and presentation obviously have huge appeal for many of us.

I was going to say the same thing. So long as the combat is fun and rewarding and I'm improving my character, the repetition is a non-factor to me. Sakura Samurai looks so damn good. I'm amazed at how excited I am for a downloadable title.

Javier

Man, I'm hyped for Sakura Samurai too. Definitely getting as soon as eShop updates.

Sakura Samurai for Smash Bros. 4?

Top Bottom