• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2016

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've heard III is the best due to the multiple characters (& paths?) and basically taking the first game's formula & making it better.

Simon's Quest is considered the "worst" of the NES trilogy due to how different it was.

I've heard III is the best due to the multiple characters (& paths?) and basically taking the first game's formula & making it better.

Simon's Quest is considered the "worst" of the NES trilogy due to how different it was.

Yeah, there are multiple paths and multiple characters in Castlevania III. Simon's Quest is kind of fun, but it's not really a classic style Castlevania game. It's exploration based, and there are towns that sell upgrades for your whip and stuff. In some ways it's like the very first Metroidvania, but you have to have a lot of patience for it and probably use a guide.

Umibozu

What's the best OG Castlevania to get anyway? I've never played a pre-STON game.

I think Castlevania Chronicles on PlayStation is a remake of OG Castlevania or something?
I think castlevania chronicles is a port of the sharp x8600 version which was a remake of the original.
Having played both castlevania chronicles and super castlevania IV, both of which are remakes of the first castlevania, would tell you to play super if you had to play one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aw yeah, Feb. 3rd for Corrin & Bayonetta for Smash!...and more Mii costumes.

There'll also be bundles for just the fighters & just the stages as well.

Refyref

There's no consensus on which is the best. I think 4 is the best, due to its tight level design. Some people prefer Rondo of Blood, as well

I think castlevania chronicles is a port of the sharp x8600 version which was a remake of the original.
Having played both castlevania chronicles and super castlevania IV, both of which are remakes of the first castlevania, would tell you to play super if you had to play one.
4 is not a remake of the first game. Yes, it has the same story, but the levels, enemies, mechanics, music, etc. are all different. Just like how The Adventure ReBirth has pretty much nothing in common with the GB game The Castlevania Adventure.

Aw yeah, Feb. 3rd for Corrin & Bayonetta for Smash!...and more Mii costumes.

There'll also be bundles for just the fighters & just the stages as well.

That's cool. I like Smash and I have it for 3DS, but I don't have anyone to play with in real life. I don't really like playing online because I get beat too badly.

I bought Cloud and some DLC stages, and I like the look of Corrin and his moves, so I'll probably get him.

Ninja Dom

Has anybody played Level 22 on the Wii U which came out on Thursday 28th??

The game looks really interesting? How is it?

TB_WiiUDS_Level22_CW.jpg

Top Bottom