• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2012

That Shinobi video seems to confirm my fears about the game being hurt by the Game Gear's poor resolution. There were a few jumps where he couldn't even see the platform that he had to jump to, and he didn't have enough time to react to some of the enemies popping due to the extremely small viewing area.

That Shinobi video seems to confirm my fears about the game being hurt by the Game Gear's poor resolution. There were a few jumps where he couldn't even see the platform that he had to jump to, and he didn't have enough time to react to some of the enemies popping due to the extremely small viewing area.

Is that what it was? I thought he just sucked.

tsab

I hope for a miracle and for sega to price those Game Gear games 3e, then it's instant buy for me :D

So am I reading this right: the DE store will be down on the 20th, 16:00 through 23:00 GMT?

All of the stores I think :/

Tyeforce

Uh oh...

ico_software.jpg
ico_software.jpg
ico_software.jpg
ico_software.jpg

One of these things is not like the others...and it's going to bug the hell out of me forever. :(

Tyeforce

This has made me seriously reconsider how I should arrange my Virtual Console icons on my HOME Screen and Activity Log... I had originally planned on arranging them by system release date (NES, GB, GG, GBC, GBA), but now I'm debating whether or not I should arrange them by company since it seems like non-Nintendo VC games will have different borders. But then I don't know if I should arrange the Nintendo ones just by release date like above, or if I should break up handheld and console systems (GB, GBC, GBA, then NES). Ugh, first world problems. @_@

If we had folders, it wouldn't be a problem!
No, it wouldn't make a difference to me, lol. I'd still have to decide how to arrange the folders. XD But arranging them by column works perfectly fine for me, and I get to see all of the icons on my HOME Screen, not stuffed away in folders. That's the same reason I don't really use folders on iOS, either, lol.

Fabrik

Banned
Where's the Rayman Origins demo :-(
Has the game been delayed? It was supposed to be out this Friday in Europe and the 20th in the US but now it's slated as Spring 2012 on the Ubisoft US website.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Well since nobody's posted it yet...

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - MAR. 15, 2012

Mar. 15, 2012

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop
Sonic the Hedgehog™: Triple Trouble – Race to retrieve Chaos Emeralds that have been scattered across the planet Mobius. Loop, blast and super-spin-dash through six zones, five bonus rounds and a wild 3D stage. (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Shinobi™ – An evil force emanating from Neo City has captured your fellow students, and only you can save them. Attack with your powerful katana as you battle for their freedom. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Dragon Crystal™ – Pass through 30 worlds in search of the Magic Goblet. Blaze a trail through the treacherous labyrinths of four magic kingdoms, collecting weapons, armor, magic books, potions, rods and rings as you go. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo Video™
Kid Icarus™ 3D Anime – Nintendo is partnering with renowned Japanese animation studios to celebrate the Kid Icarus franchise and bring their latest creations exclusively to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Video. The first anime series, Thanatos Rising, comes from Production I.G. Look for videos from Shaft, Inc. and Studio 4°C, coming soon! (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:
• Pirates Assault (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™)
• Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge™ (Virtual Console™ for Wii™)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit:http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/download1xDvN47y.php.

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds/.

radcliff

Is that 2 weeks in a row of Wii VC releases (or was KOF 2 weeks ago)? Could we finally be going back to a regular release schedule?

NeoRausch

i wouldn't call that that first Kid Icarus clip an anime. more like a short 3d animated clip.

nice 3d for a movie clip though.

(when do the games in europe go up?!)

NeoRausch

huh? why am i able to download a rythm thief demo here in europe? was that announced?

EDIT:

Rhythm Thief demo today in at least one region.

oh i see! it's europe then.

EDIT2:
MAAAANNN!!! i'm getting very heavy "Space Channel 5"-Vibes out of Rythm Thief! i like it! :) but i still can't pull of the circle-motion. Help, anyone?

Here's this week's eShop QR code for Europe:

Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure Demo.

z8b61.jpg

Thanks! Just used it to go straight to the relevant page in the eShop. I like :).

Nintendo eShop Maintenance

Hello

Due to maintenance, the Nintendo eShop will be temporarily unavailable from

20/03/2012 16:00 UTC
until
20/3/2012 23:00 UTC

We apologise for the inconvenience

Nintendo eShop team

Hm, I wonder what they have cooking?!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Probably just routine maintenance. They've done this several other times with no visible result.

No, it's time for full games available through eShop. Let's all spread the voice!

Tried the Rhythm Thief demo: liked it A LOT! :D

NeoRausch

No, it's time for full games available through eShop. Let's all spread the voice!

Tried the Rhythm Thief demo: liked it A LOT! :D

let's not forget the Wii U Communication tool! 'Cause Wii U is comming with a surprise Launch next week!

it's really great... considering a buy now. A Ranked all stages.

Jacobs

let's not forget the Wii U Communication tool! 'Cause Wii U is comming with a surprise Launch next week!

it's really great... considering a buy now. A Ranked all stages.

Now I have to buy Rhythm thief, really liked the demo! See Nintendo, just release more demos!

Roto13

There are customizable controls, which apparently is kind of a big deal. :p Options for different screen sizes and changing the colour of the Game Gear in the border. You can turn blur on or off. The interface is pretty different from the NES and Game Boy emulators. If the Game Boy emulator had this many features, we'd probably be able to pick Game Boy Color palettes. :p

The game itself kind of suffers for being a Game Gear game. There's no HUD or anything. It's basically a smaller version of Fatal Labyrinth. Not bad for a really old roguelike. Plus, I'm assuming the levels are randomly generated, so it should stay fresh for a little while. Honestly, this one probably loses less in the transition from Genesis to Game Gear than Shinobi or Sonic. If you just want to check out the Game Gear emulation, this will do the trick. It's also the cheapest launch Game Gear VC game at $3. :p

NeoRausch

There are customizable controls, which apparently is kind of a big deal. :p Options for different screen sizes and changing the colour of the Game Gear in the border. You can turn blur on or off. The interface is pretty different from the NES and Game Boy emulators. If the Game Boy emulator had this many features, we'd probably be able to pick Game Boy Color palettes. :p

The game itself kind of suffers for being a Game Gear game. There's no HUD or anything. It's basically a smaller version of Fatal Labyrinth. Not bad for a really old roguelike. Plus, I'm assuming the levels are randomly generated, so it should stay fresh for a little while. Honestly, this one probably loses less in the transition from Genesis to Game Gear than Shinobi or Sonic. If you just want to check out the Game Gear emulation, this will do the trick. It's also the cheapest launch Game Gear VC game at $3. :p

thank you, kind sir! now i want to have those games even more. i wanna try out the diffrent filters and stuff.

while we're on it: what do the diffrent color-schemes do? radical changes or just something like warmer and cooler tones?

Roto13

thank you, kind sir! now i want to have those games even more. i wanna try out the diffrent filters and stuff.

while we're on it: what do the diffrent color-schemes do? radical changes or just something like warmer and cooler tones?

Well the colour change options are only for the Game Gear border when playing at the original resolution. (Unlike Game Boy games where the option for original resolution is a secret code, you can change the resolution at any time from the VC menu for Game Gear games.) The colours on screen stay the same, but the Game Gear itself can be black, blue, yellow, or red.

Here's this week's eShop QR code for Europe:

Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure Demo.

z8b61.jpg

Of course me using this ended up pointless since I was whisked off to update Metroid upon reaching the shop and then thrown back to the main menu afterwards....
But anyway, the demo was solid stuff, I was already intrigued but i'm certainly leaning towards getting it now.

NeoRausch

Well the colour change options are only for the Game Gear border when playing at the original resolution. (Unlike Game Boy games where the option for original resolution is a secret code, you can change the resolution at any time from the VC menu for Game Gear games.) The colours on screen stay the same, but the Game Gear itself can be black, blue, yellow, or red.

ah kay, doesn't really make sense but still funny (makesm e think...were there ever GG other then the black one?)

but really cool that you can change the resolution on the fly. that's cool. that annoyed the shit out of me in the nintendo emulators

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Pomona, CA (March 14th, 2012) – UFO Interactive Games, Inc., a leading
publisher of interactive entertainment, proudly announces Johnny Kung Fu™ for the Nintendo 3DS™ eShop
. Johnny Kung Fu™ is an old school action game that mixes the old with the new! Designed and developed by UFO Interactive Games internally, Johnny Kung Fu™ puts you into the Kung Fu garb of a seemingly everyday man Johnny. The local organized crime group Mr. Wang, led by the mysterious man known as Mr. Wang, seems to have a bone to pick with Johnny and has captured his girlfriend Paula. Knowing that an ambush awaits him, Johnny chases the kidnappers into one of Mr. Wang’s hideout towers regardless. Will Johnny be able to save Paula? Or will the Mr. Wang Gang prevail? Johnny Kung Fu™ is set for release May of 2012.

Developed and published by UFO Interactive Games, Inc.

It's their third game for the platform.

h03KB.jpg

LVLTR.jpg

CNS4S.jpg

mlf2w.jpg

pxU8r.jpg

BooJoh

The options in the Game Gear emulator really put the NES and GB emulators to shame. I wish Nintendo would update the other emulators to be full-featured like this.

The options in the Game Gear emulator really put the NES and GB emulators to shame. I wish Nintendo would update the other emulators to be full-featured like this.
I've been bugging them to add stuff like that in my Club Nintendo surveys. Who knows--maybe they'll actually listen one of these days.

Nintendo's plan to increase 3DS sales: Release Shinobi and watch people buy a new 3DS when they throw the god damned thing against the wall.

That game was hard as nails when I was a kid. Watching someone play it on Youtube is hilarious when they haven't been playing it for months on end.

NeoRausch

Nintendo's plan to increase 3DS sales: Release Shinobi and watch people buy a new 3DS when they throw the god damned thing against the wall.

That game was hard as nails when I was a kid. Watching someone play it on Youtube is hilarious when they haven't been playing it for months on end.
Didn't help the game gear.

...on the other hand.... It was way to heavy to throw

Definitely not getting any Sonc GG titles on VC as I have all of them already. I remember summer of '97 playing Triple Trouble on my GG and collecting all the emeralds, good times. Shinobi and Dragon Crystal look kinda meh. I wanna be wowed and see them release Panzer Dragoon Mini someday.

Is that 2 weeks in a row of Wii VC releases (or was KOF 2 weeks ago)? Could we finally be going back to a regular release schedule?

Yeah, but would it kill them to release a Neo Geo game that isn't another fighter? I'm still waiting for Pulstar.

Edit: That G&W tribute brawler looks awesome!

Top Bottom