• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2009 (VC / WiiWare / DSiWare)

Uhg, please NoA, I want to give you my money :(

I was thinking about it the other day, given the volume of what Japan gets a month and the pace NoA like to release games, is it safe to assume we just flat out aren't getting 3/4ths of the titles released in japan?

Captain N

Wii Will Rock U said:
Isn't next week or next next week VC game 300? We won't have to wait much longer for Majora or Smash if that is the case.

298 right now..so they'd need to release 2 games next week for it to be 300.

Wii Will Rock U said:
Isn't next week or next next week VC game 300? We won't have to wait much longer for Majora or Smash if that is the case.

What do you know? Please tell me, I can't wait for MM any longer! :(

298 right now..so they'd need to release 2 games next week for it to be 300.

Game 300 is next week, this week is VC game 299.

Does anyone know how well western released games are selling on the VC? I wonder if west isn't seeing enough of a profit to bother with anymore.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Wii Will Rock U said:
That's cool, I guess, but I want Cruis'n World...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I hope to hear more impressions on Real Soccer 09, I know there are a few already.
It's pretty full featured right? How is the multi, just local?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Someone needs to actually update the thread title when Nintendo actually gives us something of value to buy. I'm tired of the weekly dissapointment digging for the press release.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Brandon F said:
Someone needs to actually update the thread title when Nintendo actually gives us something of value to buy. I'm tired of the weekly dissapointment digging for the press release.

That's why I preferred the old thread. I especially liked the title "It's SNOT fair!" when Boogerman was released.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just learned that it was a cart release in NA.

61PRBelXHkL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

But what is cut out? If anything, hmm....

I'm beginning to really hate DSi Ware, and I don't even have a DSi. But it seems as though Nintendo considers it all together and won't release more than 3 games total across all, what...10 platforms on the service(s) now? It's embarrassing.

<NOA> Hey guys, they're really looking forward to this 300th VC game! They even went and counted all the previous VC releases! We're doing something right!!!

HUELEN10

Dragona Akehi said:
<NOA> Hey guys, they're really looking forward to this 300th VC game! They even went and counted all the previous VC releases! We're doing something right!!!
Hardee Har Har...

Doesn't seem too far from the truth sadly...

Zachack

evilromero said:
It's like better smelling shit, but shit nonetheless.
In my opinion it's actually worse this week on the VC side, because unlike last week when the game was mediocre on every platform, this week it's a bad port of a pretty fun arcade game (even without the rotating cockpit experience). Prior to VC arcade I could see some vague point in releasing GF2, mostly in the sense that it's not the worst thing they've ever released, but now it's like Nintendo has a machine that is powered by disappointment.

I'm quite sure Galaxy Force 2 could be released on the Virtual Console Arcade. Hey guys remember that? Goodness what a bunch of incompetent dorkwads.M2 already has a quite flawless port of the game available via a Sega Ages release. It should be easy peasy.

Anyway Lords of Thunder and Axelay have been reviewed on my blog. Once I'm able to start hammering out a decent stream of VC reviews I'll put up a handy list so visitors in this and future VC-related threads never have to look far for an opinion(Or I could just post the reviews in here).

Cause really I think despite the crappy updates there's still a wealth of great VC stuff on the console. No reason for it to be ignored while waiting for that particular game.

HUELEN10 said:
What if you already got all the wealth it has to offer already? Waiting sucks.

I'd post a list but #1 you've probably played them all and #B my list is lost in the original VC thread along with the holy grail and the fountain of youth.

But eh gotta find something to do since Nintendo isn't interested.

HUELEN10

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I think despite the crappy updates there's still a wealth of great VC stuff on the console. No reason for it to be ignored while waiting for that particular game.
What if you already got all the wealth it has to offer already? Waiting sucks.

HUELEN10

Balb said:
Is MM on VC improved in any way other than resolution, or should I continue using my original cart?
I have heard that saving doesn't suck. Not sure what that means though.

Balb said:
Is MM on VC improved in any way other than resolution, or should I continue using my original cart?

Just being able to play it with a nice working GCN controller instead of a broken nasty N64 controller is enough for me! (Though its also nice to be able to play it without it looking like a smudgy mess too!)

Surely you mean a nice Classic Controller don't you?

For Sin and Punishment, or 2D games, yeah but not for Zelda. GCN controller all the way!

HUELEN10

Nuclear Muffin said:
Just being able to play it with a nice working GCN controller is enough for me! (Though its also nice to be able to play it without it looking like a smudgy mess too!)

HUELEN10 said:

For 3D Zeldae I cannot comprehend the use of the Classic Controller at all. GC all the way.

(Ideally someone would release an N64 controller for the machine but that doesn't seem likely.)

Balb

Nuclear Muffin said:
Just being able to play it with a nice working GCN controller instead of a broken nasty N64 controller is enough for me! (Though its also nice to be able to play it without it looking like a smudgy mess too!)

For Sin and Punishment, or 2D games, yeah but not for Zelda. GCN controller all the way!

Based on my experience with the GameCube Collector's Disc, the GameCube controller is actually a slight hindrance to the game compared to the N64 controller. Using the C-stick for the ocarina isn't exactly ideal.

Honestly, I wonder if Nintendo is intentionally having terrible release weeks since the SD card update to encourage people to go back and buy some of the games that they may have missed due to space limitations. It's a bit silly, yes, but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo.

ratcliffja said:
Honestly, I wonder if Nintendo is intentionally having terrible release weeks since the SD card update to encourage people to go back and buy some of the games that they may have missed due to space limitations. It's a bit silly, yes, but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo.

And the crappy releases before the SD card was because they were waiting to release the SD card patch, right?

donny2112

Via spoiler tags, can someone say how many exercises are in Brain Age Express, how many of them are new, and if there are any unlockables besides the exercises themselves? Thanks.

Ranger X

Dragona Akehi said:
And the crappy releases before the SD card was because they were waiting to release the SD card patch, right?

OH NOOOES, this was their plan all along! They created a perpetuous cycle.

We are doomed.

Balb said:
Based on my experience with the GameCube Collector's Disc, the GameCube controller is actually a slight hindrance to the game compared to the N64 controller. Using the C-stick for the ocarina isn't exactly ideal.

I'm used to it, it's not a big deal at all. The experience is still far better than with an N64 controller (Curse that crappy analog stick to hell!) since you can use the face buttons for items like in Wind Waker!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
evilromero said:
I wish Nintendo would release an N64 controller replica instead of that ugly as sin CC with dildos glued to the back.

I'm of the opinion that the N64 controller is the ugliest controller Nintendo has ever made.

Top Bottom