• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2012

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/vc/rbyj/index.html

"Kirby's Star Stacker" coming to JP 3DS VC.

img_vc.jpg

screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg
screen4.jpg

I've never played this. Is it Kirby Tetris Attack/Puzzle League?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
For all European users. Download in Nintendo Video the new Shaun the Sheep short and watch it NOW! :D

@MUWANdo

Banned

Nah, it's an original game. You have to try and sandwich the star blocks and other items between pairs of animal helpers. It's definitely not up there with Dr. Mario, Panepon, etc but it's okay, I guess. The SFC is better.

backlot

Nah, it's an original game. You have to try and sandwich the star blocks and other items between pairs of animal helpers. It's definitely not up there with Dr. Mario, Panepon, etc but it's okay, I guess. The SFC is better.

Sounds kinda like Yoshi maybe?

I don't know why, but I thought Unchained Blades would hit next week.

And yes, because we're getting a demo, we won't get a demo because it might upstage it... somehow.

Are there any good Dungeon Crawlers on DSiWare or something? Been craving for that and TBS(RPGs). Granted I have like... 45 blocks left :/

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
It's the arcade version. I'm not sure if it's an exact port though since I've never played the original, but I'd imagine it is.
Aren't all 3D remakes NES-based?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Is there anyway I can use the Australian Wii Shop on my UK Wii?

I am in the mood for some Axelay.

You can probably just change your region setting to Australia in the system menu and it'll work--it works the other way around--but you'll lose any points you've already added and you won't be able to use UK/European points cards in the Aussie store.

Suzzopher

You can probably just change your region setting to Australia in the system menu and it'll work--it works the other way around--but you'll lose any points you've already added and you won't be able to use UK/European points cards in the Aussie store.

Ah okay cool, I don't have any points left at the moment, so can I use my credit card to fund it? Or will I need to seek out Aussie points?

@MUWANdo

Banned
I'm pretty sure you can just use a credit card, yeah.

I wonder why Europe never got Axelay but Australia did. I guess someone else has the name trademarked in the EU or something.

Blunt

Banned
I read somewhere that switching between Australia and the UK stores doesn't wipe the points any more. I'll have a poke around and see if I can find a link that confirms it.

Edit: That was for the 3DS eShop, not the Wii store.

For all European users. Download in Nintendo Video the new Shaun the Sheep short and watch it NOW! :D

I always watch them! Charming and delightful and amusing. Just what I like :).

I also like the new stoopid rabbit one.

Oh and I loved the animals fighting over food one in the desert too.

Most of the rest of them I can leave but considering this is all free you won't find me grumbling about the service :).

CoolS

When does the shop usually update? I need Rayman and Kirby's Dreamland 2 badly! This time I'll finish it completely, final boss and everything!

BowieZ

Banned
I read somewhere that switching between Australia and the UK stores doesn't wipe the points any more. I'll have a poke around and see if I can find a link that confirms it.

Edit: That was for the 3DS eShop, not the Wii store.
Doesn't wipe points any more... as in, monetary balance?

Doesn't wipe points any more... as in, monetary balance?

It used to be that you kept your Wii Points balance when you switched regions, then they made it so that switching regions lost your Points. I imagine that's still the same.

The system on the 3DS is that you have difference balances for different regions. So you can have AUD cash on your system, switch over to the UK to grab something we missed out on where you will have zero balance (and therefore need to add some cash if you want to use it), and then switch back to default and have your AUD waiting for you. So you don't lose money as such, you just can't access it while in regions other than the one you added it on.

Tried the Demo. It doesn't run half as smoothly as the console versions, which I can see being a problem as you often need quick actions/smooth platforming for a lot of levels. I hope the loading times before the levels are on this demo only.

And goddamit, when are eShop titles going to be cheaper? £3.20 is just silly. £1.99 please for 20 year old GB games! I'd buy a lot more (i.e. more than my current 0) VC games if they were reasonably priced.

I hope the eshop has sales in the future, unlike WiiWare.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Tried the Demo. It doesn't run half as smoothly as the console versions, which I can see being a problem as you often need quick actions/smooth platforming for a lot of levels. I hope the loading times before the levels are on this demo only.

And goddamit, when are eShop titles going to be cheaper? £3.20 is just silly. £1.99 please for 20 year old GB games! I'd buy a lot more (i.e. more than my current 0) VC games if they were reasonably priced.

Not smooth even in 2D?

That was in 2D, can't say 3D made any difference performance wise. 3D visually is pretty good, not necessary but good.

It's still very much playable but there is a noticeable difference.

mclem

I'd say it's perhaps closest to Baku Baku Animal. You need to collect a certain number of stars to finish the level, and you get stars by linking them between two identical 'friends'. Straight lines only - unlike Baku Baku.

Chopper

Kirby Dreamland 2 is £3.60.

Top Bottom