• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2012

Heropon

Well you can still use Nintendo Channel stats to get a lower bound on how low the sales are, though that guy might be disappointed to find out that the sales of the top selling VC games aren't very low at all. For instance Super Mario Bros 3 has been rated by almost 800,000 Nintendo Channel users in the US.

Those rating numbers are higher than I expected, I was pessimistic because everyone is so negative about Wii downloadable games.

Downloaded AmoeBattle today. Seems like a DSi game thats more tailored for play on a 3DS. I couldn't imagine scrolling the play field with a Dpad. Fun little RTS, some of the music is making my speakers crack though.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
And too bad the Game Boy Color version was cancelled, because it would have looked great.

In other news, this art for next week's DSiWare release makes me happy:

SwNka.png

Lol, what a lame ass emo Dylan Dog rip-off
KuGsj.gif

dylan.jpg
1857612-dydsp03_super.jpg
15672.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
From NWR, a response from NOA regarding recent Virtual Console 3DS drought:

While we're now aware that Nintendo of America's two-month 3DS Virtual Console drought will end next week with Kirby's Block Ball, here is Nintendo of America's comment to us in regards to the lackluster support in 2012 for the service:

"Each week Nintendo makes available a mix of Nintendo eShop, Virtual Console, WiiWare and Nintendo DSiWare games. Combined, these services currently provide gamers with hundreds of fun and interesting downloadable games to choose from. There is no preset schedule as to how many games will become available in a given week, but many more are on the way via all of these digital-delivery systems."

I had no idea that Japan had MSX titles on its VC, wow.
Those are the only 2 from D4, the rest are from Konami (including Quarth, Contra, Metal Gear 1-2, Knightmare, Salamander, Parodius and others). Shame none released over here, D4 holds rights to a bunch of english localized MSX games actually.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Those are the only 2 from D4, the rest are from Konami (including Quarth, Contra, Metal Gear 1-2, Knightmare, Salamander, Parodius and others). Shame none released over here, D4 holds rights to a bunch of english localized MSX games actually.

I thought Sega owned all the old Compile stuff, including Aleste. Odd.

LayLa

don't know if this has been covered already but Nomura confirming a KH demo for NA in an interview here http://sqex.info/2012/05/kh3d-director-interview-in-famitsu-weekly/

"We’ve decided to distribute a KH3D demo in North America as well as Japan. You can play part of Sora’s scenario in Traverse Town. So if your friends haven’t played it yet, you can recommend it to them. And of course, give the co-op mini game Flick Rush a try. Also, an unannounced title is being prepared as well, though it’s something lighter. There are still songs continuing to be distributed for Theartrhythm Final Fantasy so you can look forward to that as well."

Speaking of Compile, anyone knows if the puzzles from Snapdots are taken from Guru Logic Champ, or are they new?
I've heard they're from Guru Logic Champ. At least I recall someone posting a screenshot of the same puzzle. However I'd imagine progression to be different due to different plot and maybe some puzzles changed just because...

Also remember to bask in the fact its not on the European eShop/DSi Shop for some reason (but it on the Australian one? Nintendo Australia lists it).

krumble

Personally having Rayman Origins on 360 and Vita already I'm glad they are puttin a demo up... because it might convince me to triple dip when the price is right..

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Personally having Rayman Origins on 360 and Vita already I'm glad they are puttin a demo up... because it might convince me to triple dip when the price is right..

It's bizarre how that doesn't sound awkward to me at all. Rayman Origins is such a glorious game that I'd love to have it on multiple formats.

Brazil

(More details on the Fire Emblem DLCs here)

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Brazil

This week's full EU update:

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | WiiWare

tsab

I'm curious how they will implant the 3D in Rayman. if they implant it at all, that is

probably the same way that is played on the PC with 3dVision. 3D layers.
(played the demo on steam with 3DVision convinced me to support the PC version)
Like VVVVVV on eShop I presume.

I don't know if I will triple dip though ಠ_ರೃ

Marz

Already got Rayman Origins on Vita and Wii. If the 3DS version is 60 FPS with 3D on then i'll triple dip. The game is that good and i'm so happy that it's getting a sequel.

zigg

Might RO 3DS be at least a slightly different game? I'm just thinking about how hard it can be already to figure out what's going on on Wii when the screen gets zoomed out. 3DS has half the vertical resolution.

OMG Aero

Did anyone else get a system update today?
I just went to put my 3DS in its dock and when I looked again it had the spotpass light on. When I opened the 3DS it said it was ready to apply a system update and when I said okay it did so and restarted.
I had a look at NoE's website and that says the folder update was version 4.0.0-7(6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0)E and now my system settings says version 4.1.0-8E.

Brazil

I just went to put my 3DS in its dock and when I looked again it had the spotpass light on. When I opened the 3DS it said it was ready to apply a system update and when I said okay it did so and restarted.
I had a look at NoE's website and that says the folder update was version 4.0.0-7(6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0)E and now my system settings says version 4.1.0-8E.

There was an update. No one knows what it does yet, though.

Got one here in Illinois.
Was a pretty small update.
Can't see anything new.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Apparently it has 50 puzzles.

There are better Sudoku puzzles on DSiWare from what I've heard. Heck, Sudoku from EA on DSiWare can create randomly generated puzzles.

The 3DS Sudoku game says it also has a randomly created puzzles mode. I saw that in the description for the game, and I was surprised that no one mentioned it...

"...to provide long-term enjoyment, both a Stage Clear and a Random mode are included. In Stage Clear mode, you progress by clearing puzzles one by one and in Random mode puzzles are generated at random."

Just got the update here......

Top Bottom