• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2015

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Mega Man Battle Network 2 is the US version here in Europe. Weird since we got the European version of the first game.

jholmes

sörine;164014201 said:
3DS VC can't stop yet, I still need Ufouria.

There are so many VC NES games only on one system. It drives me nuts.

If they were all only on the Wii U I'd at least understand it, but no, the 3DS has a bunch.

BooJoh

I'd just like to say, I wish preloaded Wii U games had a countdown like on 3DS.

yoDkhj1.jpg

Instead, on Wii U you just get the game's icon and it checks for updates then gives an error offering to visit the game's eShop page if it's not live yet.

L~A

Wait, Europe doesn't get to preload Splatoon?

Nope. At least, it wasn't available when I checked, last week (when I went to download the demo). It's a really small game, so it's no real problem, but I'm just curious as to why NoE hasn't bother with pre-loading since Smash.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, that update sounds GREAT. Just the fact you can control the direction that you fire sounds like a great improvement that'd make me want to revisit the game if it's a decent price on Vita.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that update sounds GREAT. Just the fact you can control the direction that you fire sounds like a great improvement that'd make me want to revisit the game if it's a decent price on Vita.

That was a big part of what made it unique. It will no doubt make it easier though.

Xenoboy

That update will make the game for bearable to 100% this time.
It should have been there from the start, better late than never though,

Simbabbad

Useless update IMO that will unbalance and break part of the uniqueness of the game without addressing its actual frustrating elements: difficulty balance in some specific areas, lack of "recharge fountains" (drops from enemies) in some levels that aren't balanced accordingly, unbelievably frustrating "runaway cat", respawning enemies in spots you have to go through again and again... never had a problem with no dual analog.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
lol I've forgot the pw for my russian account and, most importantly, which email I've used to register.
I can still access it and go online with it on my WiiU but I'd like to be future proofed, just in case, anything I can do?

Btw, poor russians, not only the vast majority of the games are not at their past convenient prices anymore, but many releases are up to 40% more expensive than on the EU shops!
I mean, Wii's VC downloads like S&P2 are like €26 iinm

Btw, poor russians, not only the vast majority of the games are not at their past convenient prices anymore, but many releases are up to 40% more expensive than on the EU shops!
I mean, Wii's VC downloads like S&P2 are like €26 iinm
Thats NOE for you, once the exchange rate goes up it stays up (given how long it takes to go up suggests there is a lot of bureaucracy). Now that the rouble is recovering somewhat the prices are left high. You could argue they are waiting for prices to be stable but thing is same thing happened to the £ which NOE still take €1=90p as the rate to this day because of that one day in 2008.

Ondore

I look forward to the whining that it's $15 on Wii U after it was sub-$5 on the PSN flash sale.

Wait.

No I don't.

BooJoh

Given the sporadic release schedule of Nintendo's first party offerings, I feel like if I were a dev I would avoid releasing my game the same week as a AAA Nintendo title.

bengraven

Let me guess: Nintendo published games never go on sale on the 3DS eshop?

I just got a 3DS recently and I don't ever picture them doing a VC sale for example.

Bowl0l

I just got a 3DS recently and I don't ever picture them doing a VC sale for example.
They did have sales for their titles but the price sometimes will be higher than a physical copy.

Pokemaniac

They actually do have sales occasionally. The soonest I'd expect the next one to be would be around E3. Keep your expectations in check, though. Don't expect more than 30-40% off.

donny2112

They actually do have sales occasionally. The soonest I'd expect the next one to be would be around E3. Keep your expectations in check, though. Don't expect more than 30-40% off.

I was hoping PLvsPW would be on sale as part of the Capcom sale, until I saw that it was published by Nintendo in the U.S. Hope they have a Prof. Layton sale this year! Really want Azran and PLvsPW as digital versions for a good price. (^_^)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw, I know we tried making a generic eShop indie title thread before and it got shut down, but do you think we could make a yearly one now at least (aka highlighting 2015 indie titels)? Just like the console screenshot thread is ok if it's yearly? There's a LOT of eShop releases these days, and it'd be fun to have the main good ones highlighted. I'm personally aware of some thanks to this thread, but maybe that'd be useful?

I figure the big ones so far this year are:
- Affordable Space Adventures
- Swords & Soldiers II (soon)
- Nihilumbra
- Mario v. DK Tipping Stars
- Eliot Quest
- Trine: Enchanted Edition
- Chariot
- Citizens of Earth (mixed opinions on this one though?)

Given the sporadic release schedule of Nintendo's first party offerings, I feel like if I were a dev I would avoid releasing my game the same week as a AAA Nintendo title.
I think coming out on the same day as a new, big game by Nintendo might give a small game a bit more visibility than it would usually get by being on the front page of the eShop at a time when more people are checking out the bigger game. Average people don't check up on news all the time or visit the eShop regularly, and might not be that aware of release dates. This could also be true.

BooJoh

I think coming out on the same day as a new, big game by Nintendo might give a small game a bit more visibility than it would usually get by being on the front page of the eShop at a time when more people are checking out the bigger game. Average people don't check up on news all the time or visit the eShop regularly, and might not be that aware of release dates. This could also be true.

Good point. I suppose there aren't many people outside of the core audience that check the shop every week.

TheMoon

They're doing this on purpose because they want to benefit from the increased eShop traffic, people picking up the system for that new release, etc. This is no accident.

Yup, this. I don't know who it was but some dev directly cited this being a thing.

Just a question, Attack on Titan is 49.99 on the canadian eShop, is this a sign of things to come*? Devil Survivor 2 is the same price as the US one, 49.99.

*I'm asking about the canadian dollar.

Top Bottom