• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2015

bengraven

They actually do have sales occasionally. The soonest I'd expect the next one to be would be around E3. Keep your expectations in check, though. Don't expect more than 30-40% off.

They did have sales for their titles but the price sometimes will be higher than a physical copy.

Yeah, I'm not expecting PSN or Steam quality sales - at least on first party stuff - but the occasional 25-30% off would help a bit. I'm LTTP and there's a ton of first party stuff I want to play and I'm looking at my wishlist and it's 30, 40, 50...basically I'd need a loan to get what I want. ha

maxcriden

Starting new job tomorrow (well, same-ish job, but first day at the GA office after working in VT for 4.5 yrs)...hopefully there are some Nintendo fans. Wish me luck!!

terrisus

Starting new job tomorrow (well, same-ish job, but first day at the GA office after working in VT for 4.5 yrs)...hopefully there are some Nintendo fans. Wish me luck!!

You need to work harder to get that Posts-per-Day ratio back over 30 :þ

StarFoxGoodLuck.wav

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Swords & Soldiers II €18.99 / £16.99
Kirby’s Epic Yarn €14.99 / £13.49 until 28/05/2015 22:59 UTC. Regular price will be €19.99 / £17.99
Baila Latino €29.90 / £24.90
Shiny The Firefly Demo

Wii U Virtual Console
Paper Mario €9.99 / £8.99 - This is the European version of the game, which was originally optimised by the developer to play music at a speed similar to the US version. Gameplay, demos and animations run at PAL speed. The aspect ratio has been corrected for this release.

3DS
Adventure Bar Story Demo

3DS Theme
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. €1.99 / £1.79

=============
Price Reductions

Wii U
Shiny The Firefly - €6.99 / £6.29 / CHF 9.80 until 20/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - €6.99 / £6.49 / CHF 7.00 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
Thomas Was Alone - €3.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut - €5.99 / £4.99 / CHF 8.40 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
The Swapper - €7.49 / £5.99 / CHF 8.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
OlliOlli - €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 7.00 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
Master Reboot - €5.99 / £4.99 / CHF 8.40 until 18/06/2015 22:59 UTC.

3DS

3D Game Collection - €4.99 / £3.69 / CHF 4.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
Funfair Party Games - €4.99 / £3.69 / CHF 4.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
Gardenscapes - €5.99 / £4.49 / CHF 5.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
Jewel Match 3 - €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
Safari Quest - €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
URBAN TRIAL FREESTYLE™ - €1.99 / £1.69 / CHF 2.80 until 04/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX - €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 6.99 until 21/06/2015 22:59 UTC.
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - €14.99 / £13.49 / CHF 21.00 until 28.05.2015 22:59 UTC.

Bazry

I've been playing Pandora's Tower over the weekend on the Gamepad, quite surprised how well it plays using the right stick rather than a Wii Remote to aim

Robin64

It's worth noting that while a lot of games had speed optimisations for their PAL releases, Paper Mario isn't one of those. The entire game runs about 20% slower than it should. Nothing was altered at all.

TheMoon

Welp, no reason not to upgrade my Wii VC version of Paper Mario.

I do find it hilarious though how NOE is smothering us with Kirby games now that we had to wait for both TD and RP.

Dee Dee

At first I was really happy: Oh boy, if they are releasing a Demo for Adventure Bar Story, that must mean they will release it in Germany after all!
Then I realized I am dumb.
So Germany gets fuck all on 3DS this week...

Welp, time to bite on OlliOlli after all.

Edit: Whoa, I guess I totally underestimated the scope of Swords & Soldiers II! 19 EUR and not on 3DS too. Huh.

At first I was really happy: Oh boy, if they are releasing a Demo for Adventure Bar Story, that must mean they will release it in Germany after all!
Then I realized I am dumb.
So Germany gets fuck all on 3DS this week...

Welp, time to bite on OlliOlli after all.

I played Adventure Bar Story on iOS and don't think it's very good, but devs being lazy (yeah I think it applies here) and skipping USK is the worst. When even the smallest one-man indie dev can do it, there is no excuse.

There are three 3DS themes for 500 stars each available in the EU Stars catalogue now. Is that new? Just posted by the Nintendo Europe twitter.

Link

CFRvwQ7W8AA3sdK.png:orig

Orgen

Stealth Inc 2 got a nice price reduction right? I'm going to pick it up with Epic Yarn too :D

Paper Mario will have a sale when the new Paper Mario Wii U releases, so no rush for me to pick it up yet
(believe).

TheMoon

Don't you people dare sleep on Swords & Soldiers II now, too. Bad enough everyone sleeps on all the other awesome Wii U exclusives.

Orgen

Don't you people dare sleep on Swords & Soldiers II now, too. Bad enough everyone sleeps on all the other awesome Wii U exclusives.

I have a very big backlog so I'll buy the exclusives when I clear some of it (doubtful) or when it has a nice sale (probably, just like Stealth Inc 2 this week).

I have S&SII and Affordable Space Adventures on my "wanted list" so I'll end up buying them for sure but not right now :(

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
At least they don't beat around the bush with Paper Mario. It will also probably be ruined by input lag.

What a wasted opportunity when they could bring us a perfect version.

TheMoon

At least they don't beat around the bush with Paper Mario. It will also probably be ruined by input lag.

What a wasted opportunity when they could bring us a perfect version.

And exclude German, French, etc fans of Paper Mario in the process.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
And exclude German, French, etc fans of Paper Mario in the process.
Not necessarily. They offer two versions of Link's Awakening on the 3DS eShop in Belgium. They could offer two versions of Paper Mario if they wanted to.

TheMoon

Not necessarily. They offer two versions of Link's Awakening on the 3DS eShop in Belgium. They could offer two versions of Paper Mario if they wanted to.

How about giving the option to choose a version?

Yes obviously. But it's been firmly established that this is not a thing they do. I've been yelling about wanting this exact same thing for years, too. But they're not doing it so it's either-or. And in either-or land, you have to go with the translated versions of an RPG that is still very much a current big series of yours, don't you? Doesn't mean I like it but I totally understand it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There are three 3DS themes for 500 stars each available in the EU Stars catalogue now. Is that new? Just posted by the Nintendo Europe twitter.

Link
Man, I still can't believe the US Club Nintendo didn't get any 3DS themes....FURTHERMORE, those themes were on the Japanese CN. I really want that blue systems one on the left....& maybe that hanafuna one in the center as well.

Also woah, Kirby's Epic Yarn. Now I wonder when the US will get it.

Simbabbad

It is, yes. Rich posted some pretty damning video evidence.
Could be his setup, could be some weird bug depending on special circumstances (this or that controller used, active or plugged) or firmware update, or whatever. What I know is that I collected every single star and every single coin in every single Mario 64 level without noticing any sort of lag or control issue. So whatever the truth is, it doesn't affect me. Then again, I didn't notice any major issue in EU Super Metroid either (and I played the 60Hz version in emulation for years).

Anyway... tons of interesting reductions this week. Think I'll get Stealth Inc. 2 and The Swapper (wasn't really interested into this one, but apparently it's getting tons of praise).

Also woah, Kirby's Epic Yarn. Now I wonder when the US will get it.
Very good, very beautiful game, but way too easy/shallow for my taste, even for a Kirby game. Myself I prefer Kirby's Adventure Wii (which looks gorgeous too), or among Good Feel games, Wario Land the Shake Dimension (by far, I admire that game).

Robin64

Could be his setup, could be some weird bug depending on special circumstances (this or that controller used, active or plugged) or firmware update, or whatever. What I know is that I collected every single star and every single coin in every single Mario 64 level without noticing any sort of lag or control issue. So whatever the truth is, it doesn't affect me.

Consider yourself lucky, then, it was there for myself and others too. But it's worth noting that it was only when using the Wii U Pro Controller. Using the GamePad as a controller was fine.

Check out Rich's post with the videos here.

Simbabbad

This explains that, I used the gamepad. Even if this should obviously be patched, it's not a deal breaking issue then, since the gamepad is the default controller.

(BTW, on the Paper Mario being too dark thread, some people said the pro controller was fine and they only saw lag when using the gamepad, go figure.)

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
This explains that, I used the gamepad. Even if this should obviously be patched, it's not a deal breaking issue then, since the gamepad is the default controller.

(BTW, on the Paper Mario being too dark thread, some people said the pro controller was fine and they only saw lag when using the gamepad, go figure.)
FWIW, I have big input lag issues with both the Gamepad and Pro Controller. DK64 is borderline unplayable for me. I don't have this problem with any other VC game or any game in general. (Europe)
Yes obviously. But it's been firmly established that this is not a thing they do. I've been yelling about wanting this exact same thing for years, too. But they're not doing it so it's either-or. And in either-or land, you have to go with the translated versions of an RPG that is still very much a current big series of yours, don't you? Doesn't mean I like it but I totally understand it.
Yeah whatever, you keep buying them then. I won't pay for this garbage. They have the ability to provide multiple versions so this is unacceptable.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Fuck Paper Mario is 50hz and not even optimized :(
This mean it'll be jerky as fuck when played on the gamepad, right?
Dunno if I should upgrade my Wii version now, le sigh

Top Bottom