• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2009 (VC / WiiWare / DSiWare)

Volcynika

AniHawk said:
OH SHIT.

OB64 is supposed to be great. It's the ONLY N64 game I wanted to get but could never track down (now that I also have Sin & Punishment via VC).

Not just supposed to be. IS. IS, DAMMIT.

AniHawk

Does this warrant an official thread? I thought Earthbound had an official thread. I know S&P got an official thread. Can't remember if other VC games did. At the very least, this will be the first European release of the game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AniHawk said:
Does this warrant an official thread? I thought Earthbound had an official thread. I know S&P got an official thread. Can't remember if other VC games did. At the very least, this will be the first European release of the game.

Potentially the first 3rd party N64 release, and the best one at that?

Yes, it does.

sfried

HyperZone<3 said:
Mischief Makers ain't ever getting a release because of difficult liscensing issues, right?
Does that mean Square-Enix now owns the rights to Mischief Makers and Rakugaki Showtime?

sfried

andymcc said:
well, rakugaki was released on JPSN under Square-Enix...
Then Mischief Makers should have no problem coming out. Considering FF1 came out in Virtual Console (plus the considerable number of Taito support), it'll only be a matter of time...

andymcc

Banned
sfried said:
Then Mischief Makers should have no problem coming out. Considering FF1 came out in Virtual Console (plus the considerable number of Taito support), it'll only be a matter of time...

that'd be nice. i love mischief makers.

Mischief Makers is dirt cheap on Amazon, you can get for less than what the VC version would cost. So there's always that option if your N64 still works.

andymcc

Banned
nincompoop said:
Mischief Makers is dirt cheap on Amazon, you can get for less than what the VC version would cost. So there's always that option if your N64 still works.

already own it. i got it for dirt cheap at a flea market several years ago.

Kevtones

I downloaded the Pokemon Rumble demo and the game is kind of fun... Is it worth the 1500 points if I've got a GF who loves Gauntlet style games?

Also, if we're getting 3rd party N64 games finally then I WANT:

Mystical Ninja
Goemon's Great Adventure
BAR
Spacestation Silicon Valley
Body Harvest

I still have my copies but I'd love to have them on my HD.

sfog

twinturbo2 said:
I just want Cruis'n World. The only Cruis'n game to receive an awesome N64 port.

Speaking of N64, why isn't there any Controller Pak emulation? Is Nintendo just being lazy? Don't some N64 emulators have Controller Pak emulation?

Regarding the lack of Controller Pak support, I suspect Nintendo doesn't really care about it since none of their 1st or 2nd party published games (with the sole exception of Waialae Country Club) require it aside from some minor optional things like the Mario Kart 64 replays. And yes, N64 emulators have supported it for quite some time.

Mockingbird said:
But since Atlus published and translated in the US, doesn't that make a US release difficult?
I can't see it being harder than a European release (which is what the OFL:CV rating goes some way to confirming) where the game was never released.

My point is, they must have already talked to Atlus USA...unless they expect Europe to play in Japanese or something...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Hey guys what time do the releases usually get announced/revealed, I'm usually up way after its out but going to be up early tomorrow :p (aussie time anyway)

Culex

Banned
AniHawk said:
OH SHIT.

OB64 is supposed to be great. It's the ONLY N64 game I wanted to get but could never track down (now that I also have Sin & Punishment via VC).

I still have my copy, it's packed up in storage somewhere but if you really wanted it, i could probably ship it to you.

Rlan

Q-Games To Reflect Missile On Nintendo Platform

reflectmissile.png

I think this was sort of skipped the first time around :)

Doesn't sound like an Art-Style game either.

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/11/qgames_to_reflect_missile_on_n.php

Shiggy

Rlan said:
Q-Games To Reflect Missile On Nintendo Platform

reflectmissile.png

I think this was sort of skipped the first time around :)

Doesn't sound like an Art-Style game either.

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/11/qgames_to_reflect_missile_on_n.php

It may finally be this game:

2007 April -
Game Project for Nintendo DS
Currently, we have Nintendo DS title in development. Please expect detailed announcements [...] to follow later in the year. [--> this has never happened]

2007 January -
Game Prototype for Nintendo DS
We are now developing our next game prototype for the Nintendo DS.

Nintendo was to publish this game, it may have become a DSi title though.

Rlan

I've poked Dylan on Twitter about it earlier today to get the response " erm.. can't say anything about that until there is official word (even then I can't without going through Nintendo first :) )".

It's quite sad really. PixelJunk gets all this attention, and Digidrive just shows up all of a sudden with no preview process, and I suspect this would too.

I would imagine this is DSiWare and NOT WiiWare, but there is a 1% chance it's WiiWare. Calling it Reflect Missile makes it quite different too - it doesn't sound like you'd have a game called Art Style: Reflect Missile, does it?

Capndrake

Three of tonight's EU releases (Hopefully not all) are:

-Might Flip Champs (DSiWare, 800 points, WayForward)
-Rabbids Lab (WiiWare, 500 points, Ubisoft)
-Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye (Mega Drive, 800 points, Sega - I thought this would be an import but I guess not)

RaidenZR

sfried said:

Well Nintendo published Mischief Makers in the US (pretty sure), so it should have no problem in at least one territory.

The Hermit

Capndrake said:
OFLC update:

OGRE BATTLE 64 Computer Games PG 24/11/2009

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

This is my most wanted game since Sin & Punishment... holy fuck!!

AniHawk said:

HOLY FUCK YES!!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
sfog said:
Regarding the lack of Controller Pak support, I suspect Nintendo doesn't really care about it since none of their 1st or 2nd party published games (with the sole exception of Waialae Country Club) require it aside from some minor optional things like the Mario Kart 64 replays. And yes, N64 emulators have supported it for quite some time.
Figures. They should add it so that more 3rd party N64 games can come.

Capndrake

EU update:

Virtual Console:
-Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye (Mega Drive, 800 points, Sega)

WiiWare:
-Copter Crisis (500 points, Digital Leisure)
-Dragon Master Spell Caster (500 points, Stickmen Studios)
-Rabbids Lab (500 points, Ubisoft)
-Solitaire (500 points, GameOn)

DSiWare:
-Mighty Flip Champs (800 points, WayForward)
-Reflect Missile (500 points, Nintendo)

Capndrake said:
EU update:

Virtual Console:

WiiWare:

DSiWare:

Jeez - the time between classification "leaks" and releases is getting ridiculous :lol

So, is this another Hanabi festival kicking off?

Capndrake

Cosmonaut X said:
Jeez - the time between classification "leaks" and releases is getting ridiculous :lol

So, is this another Hanabi festival kicking off?
Nope, it's not classed as import, even though I'm pretty sure it is.

ksamedi

Capndrake said:
EU update:

Virtual Console:

WiiWare:

DSiWare:

Any new demos?

ksamedi

donny2112 said:
I think the demos are a trial run that'll last through the end of the year. Once they come on full-time, I suspect they'll stay around longer at a time, too.

Yeah they're testing it. I can't imagine it not leading to significantly higher sales for some of those titles, though. And I don't understand the logic of limited time demos at all. What are they trying to achieve with that? Nintendo has a pretty stupid strategy when it comes to demos and quite frankly, XBLA sales is killing Wiiware sales, and deservedly so.

donny2112

ksamedi said:
And I don't understand the logic of limited time demos at all.

The store isn't setup for them, at the moment, so having tons of demos would just clutter up the store. They need to have the demo on the page with the game as opposed to having them separate. I think that's how XBLA does it. Maybe with the next system they'll have a more thought-out plan for WiiWare and demos. Of course, they could also just totally revamp the store, but that won't help make people want to go to the store, though.

ksamedi

donny2112 said:
The store isn't setup for them, at the moment, so having tons of demos would just clutter up the store. They need to have the demo on the page with the game as opposed to having them separate. I think that's how XBLA does it. Maybe with the next system they'll have a more thought-out plan for WiiWare and demos. Of course, they could also just totally revamp the store, but that won't help make people want to go to the store, though.

The first thing they could fix is the one minute 'connecting to Wii shop' screen and make that 3 seconds :lol

Ugh. Just made my first "instantly regretting it" purchase since I bought my Wii back in 2006 - Rabbids Lab is dreadful.

It's basically the little extra mode from Rabbids Go Home - which was what I expected - but apparently stripped of all the accessories (you get a chicken "hat" and a Santa Claus cap), with only one tool (the vice) and the painting options. It's a shitty, crippled version of the minigame from the retail release, and while I'm sure my daughter will get some enjoyment out of it it is definitely one to avoid.

Stupid me for liking the Rabbids and imagining that Ubisoft might have released the "full" version - ah, well, caveat emptor.

Cosmonaut X said:
Ugh. Just made my first "instantly regretting it" purchase since I bought my Wii back in 2006 - Rabbids Lab is dreadful.

It's basically the little extra mode from Rabbids Go Home - which was what I expected - but apparently stripped of all the accessories (you get a chicken "hat" and a Santa Claus cap), with only one tool (the vice) and the painting options. It's a shitty, crippled version of the minigame from the retail release, and while I'm sure my daughter will get some enjoyment out of it it is definitely one to avoid.

Stupid me for liking the Rabbids and imagining that Ubisoft might have released the "full" version - ah, well, caveat emptor.
Blergh. I was kinda considering buying it cause I thought it was a neat feature and don't have Rabbids Go Home yet but I'm just gonna wait now till I get a copy of Rabbids Go Home.

Capndrake

Japanese VC for December:

FC:
-Famicom Tantei Club Part II - Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo Zenkouhen (Nintendo)

SFC:
-Final Fight 3 (Capcom)

Neo Geo:
-The King of Fighters '95 (D4 Enterprise, Dec 1st)

MSX:
-Yie Ar Kung Fu II (Konami)
-Metal Gear (Konami)

Virtual Console Arcade:
-Ordyne (Namco Bandai, Dec 1st)
-Rompers (Namco Bandai, Dec 1st)
-Zaxxon (Sega)

Top Bottom