• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2012

I wasn't really sure if this thread-worthy or not, or even where to post this but it seems that XSeed may possibly be thinking about localizing Rune Factory IV. I asked them on Facebook what they thought and they responded with this:

XSeed Games said:
Hmmm, we've had an itch to work on another Rune Factory game since we loved Frontier so much, so let's see if we can't grab a back scratcher somehow...

http://www.facebook.com/XSEEDGames/posts/10151132109688354?notif_t=feed_comment

Normally I wouldn't think this would mean much of anything but I asked them several months ago if they might localize Code of Princess (about a month before Atlus announced it) and they responded directly with, "We have no plans to pursue localization of that title."

So, who knows? Could be a possibility.

As long as I'm daydreaming, I would love to play Ducktales, Darkwing Duck and Rescue Rangers NES games on VC too.
Man, that's not even outside the realm of possibility seeing as Capcom was allowed to bring some of their Disney SNES games out on the GBA. With the ESRB thing for downloadable games, I think it's even MORE possible now.

Also, some updates for some Nicalis titles. (Don't know if this has been posted.)

Ikachan

- hitting DSiWare and the 3DS eShop simultaneously
- new enemies, areas, and other content
- eShop version will also feature a new aspect ratio
- both versions will (hopefully) be released in Decemeber

Cave Story eShop

- looking into a Holiday themed update
- will include the Christmas themed re-skin from Cave Story+ on Steam
- free update
- not guaranteed to happen
- if it does, it will be before Christmas

Aban Hawkins and the 1,001 Spikes

- +12 playable characters in multi-player Vs. mode
- this includes Aban, his sister, his father, Commander Video from the Bit.Trip series, characters from Tempura of the Dead, and many more
- new multi-player mode where players compete to climb a tower and "save a maiden"
- on track for release in 2013
- release has been delayed by the fact that Nicalis keeps adding new content

Yatagarasu

- Nicalis is helping to make adjustments to the game to take advantage of the 3DS hardware
- this includes altering the backgrounds to optimize them for a 3D display
- may have online multi-player
- this is only if they can get the game running with minimal lag and without other performance issues
- Local multi-player lobbies are also a possibility

http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-cave-story-oween-aban-hawkins-update-more-237705.phtml

Also, some updates for some Nicalis titles. (Don't know if this has been posted.)
I need Aban Hawkins so bad, the XBLIG version wasn't enough.

Also, I wish they would just put the Steam and eShop versions of Cave Story at parity with each other, minus the high resolution assets on the 3DS, natch.

sfog

Nnooo just did an interview that reveals some interesting trivia about their DSiWare releases

Apparently their MyNotebook app has sold in excess of 200k copies, and they say the eShop has invigorated the entire DSiWare service.

I can't say I'm surprised that the eShop is helping DSiWare. It seemed like a lot of people skipped the DSi/XL previously since they were happy enough with the Lite and the first year or so of DSiWare was pretty unremarkable.

I'm just waiting on a (hopefully) decent holiday bundle deal to get a 3DS myself...

BooJoh

Cave Story eShop

- looking into a Holiday themed update
- will include the Christmas themed re-skin from Cave Story+ on Steam
- free update
- not guaranteed to happen
- if it does, it will be before Christmas

http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-cave-story-oween-aban-hawkins-update-more-237705.phtml

Is this in addition to the Holiday-themed content from the WiiWare version? I loaded up Cave Story on my 3DS on Halloween and Quote was in black clothes with red eyes like on the WiiWare release (in fact this is still true as of today,) so I assumed the Christmas content from Wii would also already be there.

Velcro Fly

I'd for sure be in for MM2-4 since I already have MM1 on the PSP. And holy crap 9 and 10 would be amazing since I've never played them. Day 1 purchases for me.

Sadly it will be 2014 by the time we get up to Mega Man 4 on the VC in NA.

sakipon

I downloaded both. :p
You're right, the fashion contest demo is up now. Good, I thought the shopping experience one wasn't such a good representation of the game by itself (since you can't take part in any activity like going outside).

with the release of pokedex 3d pro I had really hoped nintendo would release new eshop card designs like this one:

pokemon_pikachu_pre_pyteg7.jpg

:( is there any news about new card desings for europe? (in germany you can easily get the 3 zelda ones)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
This is interesting...

Freaky Forms Deluxe was released on the 3DS eShop just a few hours ago.

Freaky Forms (standard version) is no longer available for purchase.

That was somewhat expected -- what's odd is that there is a 246 "block" update for the original Freaky Forms that was just made available.

I'm curious what it does.

@MUWANdo

Banned
This is interesting...

Freaky Forms Deluxe was released on the 3DS eShop just a few hours ago.

Freaky Forms (standard version) is no longer available for purchase.

That was somewhat expected -- what's odd is that there is a 246 "block" update for the original Freaky Forms that was just made available.

I'm curious what it does.

It's a compatibility pack that lets people with the original game load Formees that use the new Deluxe parts.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
It's a compatibility pack that lets people with the original game load Formees that use the new Deluxe parts.

That would make sense -- did the Euro release get this?

Does it expand the "base" game of the original in any way -- that is, are the parts available for use, or only when receiving new ones? Heck, how does Streetpass work between the two?

Not that there was ever much "game" to this to begin with, but...

@MUWANdo

Banned
That would make sense -- did the Euro release get this?

Does it expand the "base" game of the original in any way -- that is, are the parts available for use, or only when receiving new ones? Heck, how does Streetpass work between the two?

Not that there was ever much "game" to this to begin with, but...

I can't remember if the PAL/JP versions got the update, I just remember seeing it listed on the NA site.

You can't freely use the new parts, they'll only show up on imported Formees that require them. I don't think there are any other additions/changes.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Any idea where the info is on the NA site?

From the "Compatibility" section ( http://freakyforms.nintendo.com/sharing-fun/ ):

If you played the original Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! game from the Nintendo eShop, you'll be delighted to hear that you can add formees from this game to Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! via QR Code pattern. Please refer to the electronic manual for instructions on how to save QR Code patterns of formees to an SD Card.

Players that previously purchased the original Nintendo eShop game will be able to get an update so that all Formees can be shared across both versions. Although use is limited in the original game, any formees, including new forms, from Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! can be viewed and saved via StreetPass or QR Code.

PAL-land got this update in July, apparently.

Hoping that Ikachan actually comes out before the end of the year. Seems to have a lot of the charm of Cave Story.

More importantly however I'm hoping Nintendo details their account system sometime in the next two weeks so I'll feel comfortable downloading Wii U games.

JavyOO7

I'm only going physical just because I like having the box. Never mind that I never look at the box when buying the game ever again since I keep everything on a 3DS pouch.

Though I may go digital for Professor Layton just for the Donkey Kong game. I don't know...

Why can't Nintendo do a black Friday sale for their eshops, man...

topplehat

I'd go digital if the full games were cheaper, or there was some sort of account system to make sure my games weren't lost when I lose my console. I don't mind so much for the smaller games though.

I will probably go digital for Animal Crossing, just to always have it there.

Madao

i'm gonna go digital because i save money that way. local prices are stupid and driving to the store consumes extra fuel that is better used going to work instead (i might get physical years later when it drops in price and if i really like the game)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Who's going digital on Paper Mario: Sticker Star?

I might. I don't really like to buy retail games digital (especially not on 3DS, did it for some PSP games on Vita), but it's cheaper (since otherwise I'd have to import) and I'd really like to have that Donkey Kong game.

jgkspsx

It's hilarious that the only good reason to buy eshop downloadable retail titles is that you live overseas and are violating their usage agreement. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

It's hilarious that the only good reason to buy eshop downloadable retail titles is that you live overseas and are violating their usage agreement. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Guessing that's aimed at me?

Also thinking I might go digital or Epic Mickey, wouldn't mind it if Scribblenauts was going to be on the eShop as that would be a great game to always have on the system

So why are you in this thread?

I meant no retail downloads, I absolutely love other downloads but I'm not risking a loss of a $40 game when my system breaks. If there is an account system soon however, I'll most likely be going all digital w/ the Wii U.

Qurupeke

Will anyone buy Pokedex 3D Pro? I was really hyped for the game, but the 15€ pricetag is a really bad thing... I prefer to buy Denpa Men and Fallblox instead of this app.

piteru

Banned
Will anyone buy Pokedex 3D Pro? I was really hyped for the game, but the 15€ pricetag is a really bad thing... I prefer to buy Denpa Men and Fallblox instead of this app.

gonna buy it despite the heavy price.
should i get marvel pinball 3d?they have it in discount in the european store this thursday..
is it a good choice?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
gonna buy it despite the heavy price.
should i get marvel pinball 3d?they have it in discount in the european store this thursday..
is it a good choice?

Marvel Pinball 3D is pretty good indeed. :D
Where are my third party demos? :( And I hope next week is Nightsky's time.

Top Bottom