• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2013

It looks like Super Mario 3D World will be £49.99 on eShop judging by the pre-order price on Nintendo U.K store.

I was happy with Pikmin 3 & W101 prices & was hoping they would stick with £39.99,
I had credit for Zelda-WW so that didn't hurt as bad.

I want to get all digital for essential Wii U games so it looks like I will have to postpone getting Zelda-albw on 3DS for a while.

JoeM86

Saw no November thread yet and I don't want to run that :p

This week in Europe

Wii U
Wii Sports™ Club: Day Pass €1.99(£1.79)
Wii Sports™ Club: Bowling - Single-Sport Pass - €9.99 (£8.99)
Wii Sports™ Club: Tennis - Single-Sport Pass - €9.99 (£8.99)
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games €49.99 (£39.99)
Batman: Arkham Origins €59.99 (£49.99)
Toki Tori €1.99 (£1.79) Will be €3.99 (£3.59) from 6/12/13, 0:00 UTC

Wii U DLC
Pikmin™ 3: Battle Enemies! Stages 7-10 €1.99 (£1.79)

3DS
KORG M01D €24.99 (£19.99)
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy €44.99 (£39.99)
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate €39.99 (£34.99)
Regular Show™: Mordecai & Rigby in 8-Bit Land €34.99 (£28.49)
My Little Baby 3D €29.99 (£24.99)
Brunch Panic €3.99 (£3.35)
Arcade Classics 3D €2.99 (£2.50) Will be €3.99 (£3.30) from 29/11/13, 0:00 local time

No Virtual Console games on either

Price Reductions
Permanent
Assassin's Creed® III €19.99 (£15.99)
Avengers™: Battle for Earth €19.99 (£15.99)
Rabbids® Land €19.99 (£15.99)
Sports Connection €19.99 (£15.99)
Your Shape®: Fitness Evolved 2013 €19.99 (£15.99)
ZombiU™ €19.99 (£15.99)

Temporary
Toki Tori 2+ €8.99 (£7.79) Until 14/11/13 23:59 UTC
For Toki Tori owners- 60% off regular price if you already bought Toki Tori on Nintendo eShop on your Wii U-€5.99 (£5.19) Until 14/11/13 23:59 UTC

L~A

Hmm, pretty decent week, though most of the interesing stuff comes from retail. Talking of retail, I'm kinda annoyed Nintendo switched back to 44.99€ as MSRP after lots of regular releases at 39.99€. I thought Pokémon X and Y was just a victim of the "Pokémon tax", but guess 44.99€ is now back as the MSRP for tje majority of new 1st-party 3DS games (Zelda ALBW will be 44.99€ too).

Oh well.

And Nintendo Direct? I know you're joking (sort of) norfair, but it's quite possible. That Pikmin 3 DLC... sign or no sign? But yeah, we've all been on "Nintendo Direct any day now!" mode for a few days already, soo.... :p

Getting Bowling for sure. Will probably get Toki Tori as well at that crazy price, even though I have never really been interested in it lol.

Jucksalbe

Banned

Hmm....at least for WiiU that would be strange, I think the only time they've done this before was when they announced Earthbound afterwards for that week. But on the other hand, looking at the 3DS VC schedule, we might just have reached that point.
I'll just expect A Link to the Past now and be disappointed on Thursday.

Hmm....at least for WiiU that would be strange, I think the only time they've done this before was when they announced Earthbound afterwards for that week. But on the other hand, looking at the 3DS VC schedule, we might just have reached that point.
I'll just expect A Link to the Past now and be disappointed on Thursday.

Nintendo has such a limited GB/GBC library at their disposal, that the end is close for their output. The only major games I can think of that are left are the GB/GBC Pokemon games. Their handheld offering has always been extremely limited. They really need to get people like Square-Enix, more Capcom, etc. on board to help fill out the VC for the next year or so.

JoeM86

Nintendo has such a limited GB/GBC library at their disposal, that the end is close for their output. The only major games I can think of that are left are the GB/GBC Pokemon games. Their handheld offering has always been extremely limited. They really need to get people like Square-Enix, more Capcom, etc. on board to help fill out the VC for the next year or so.

There are a fair few to come.

Though we'll never see main series Pokémon games on the VC. What we may see however are Pokémon Puzzle Challenge and Pokémon Pinball. I believe Pokémon TCG is iffy due to rights issues so I wouldn't get hopes up on that.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sport Club Tennis will be mine for sure. Still undecided about AC3 sales, while I'm happy to see Toki Tori at that price, even if I'll wait untile they releaser their other two games that I don't own

L~A

There's something really weird going on with Nintendo and VC. It's like they've been purposely skimping out on it more than usual, possibly waiting until the holidays or something.

That's actually something I pointed out on GAF a few days ago (dunno if it was this thread), and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking there's something strange about how Nintendo has handled the VC so far.

That's actually something I pointed out on GAF a few days ago (dunno if it was this thread), and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking there's something strange about how Nintendo has handled the VC so far.

Perhaps the guy in charge of VC is ill...

D-e-f-

Banned
And Nintendo Direct? I know you're joking (sort of) norfair, but it's quite possible. That Pikmin 3 DLC... sign or no sign? But yeah, we've all been on "Nintendo Direct any day now!" mode for a few days already, soo.... :p

Well, there is definitely one coming this month so ... might as well do it now with a surprise release of ALttP. ;)

I approve of Ubisoft Europe's price strategy for their Wii U eShop games. Doing permanent reductions for AC III and ZombiU (ZombiU was already reduced a while ago) is a smart move.

Qurupeke

Temporary
For Toki Tori owners- 60% off regular price if you already bought Toki Tori on Nintendo eShop on your Wii U-€5.99 (£5.19) Until 14/11/13 23:59 UTC

Wait. Does this mean that if you buy Toki Tori HD you can buy Toki Tori 2+ for 5.99 €?

Jucksalbe

Banned
They really need to get people like Square-Enix, more Capcom, etc. on board to help fill out the VC for the next year or so.

I really, really hope they can get Square-Enix on board soon. They have a bunch of GB/GBC games I'd love to have on 3DS. Seems there at least have two SE games on the Japanese VC.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Saw no November thread yet and I don't want to run that :p

This week in Europe

Wii U
Wii Sports™ Club: Day Pass €1.99(£1.79)
Wii Sports™ Club: Bowling - Single-Sport Pass - €9.99 (£8.99)
Wii Sports™ Club: Tennis - Single-Sport Pass - €9.99 (£8.99)
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games €49.99 (£39.99)
Batman: Arkham Origins €59.99 (£49.99)
Toki Tori €1.99 (£1.79) Will be €3.99 (£3.59) from 6/12/13, 0:00 UTC

Wii U DLC
Pikmin™ 3: Battle Enemies! Stages 7-10 €1.99 (£1.79)

3DS
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy €44.99 (£39.99)
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate €39.99 (£34.99)
Regular Show™: Mordecai & Rigby in 8-Bit Land €34.99 (£28.49)
My Little Baby 3D €29.99 (£24.99)
Brunch Panic €3.99 (£3.35)
Arcade Classics 3D €2.99 (£2.50) Will be €3.99 (£3.30) from 29/11/13, 0:00 local time

Price Reductions
Permanent
Assassin's Creed® III €19.99 (£15.99)
Avengers™: Battle for Earth €19.99 (£15.99)
Rabbids® Land €19.99 (£15.99)
Sports Connection €19.99 (£15.99)
Your Shape®: Fitness Evolved 2013 €19.99 (£15.99)
ZombiU™ €19.99 (£15.99)

Temporary

Is korg m01 getting a US release?

Katsuragi

I really, really hope they can get Square-Enix on board soon. They have a bunch of GB/GBC games I'd love to have on 3DS. Seems there at least have two SE games on the Japanese VC.

Square Enix released their first 3DS VC game in Japan last week. It was a Famicom strategy game called Hanjuku Hero. Let's hope there will be more releases from them!

decaf

KY2Asbk.gif

Jucksalbe

Banned
Square Enix released their first 3DS VC game in Japan last week. It was a Famicom strategy game called Hanjuku Hero. Let's hope there will be more releases from them!

Ah, I forgot the check the dates, didn't realize this happened recently. They also released Bubble Bobble two weeks before that. But sadly, no handheld games so far.

Knowing our luck, we won't get SE games on VC until after the 3DS and Wii U are dead, like what happened with SE's awful track record with Wii Virtual Console.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Knowing our luck, we won't get SE games on VC until after the 3DS and Wii U are dead, like what happened with SE's awful track record with Wii Virtual Console.

SE had their first game on VC pretty early (in 2007), but you're right, most of their games came from 2010 onwards. To be fair, they released quite a few games in the meantime, but those were all for Japan only, since those games never got a Western release.

BriBri

That Layton price is disappointing.

Any idea if the Wii Sports Club individual games require more space to download than the 1.3GB required for WSC?

oatmeal

Banned
I'll probably grab Dillons.

Is that the first time they've done a 3DS game? Not VC, I mean.

ALTTP is awesome, too. Everyone get that!

Nairume

Banned
I'll probably grab Dillons.

Is that the first time they've done a 3DS game? Not VC, I mean.

ALTTP is awesome, too. Everyone get that!
I recall they've done Sakura Samurai as a reward, but that might have just been an end of year reward thing and not a monthly.

Top Bottom