• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2009 (VC / WiiWare / DSiWare)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evilink said:
What's the difference between Street Fighter II CE and say, Street Fighter Turbo or whatever...I'll probably get slapped for this, but I always regarded everything pre SF3 to be the same with added characters+turbo. Seriously, Street Fighter novice here.

And Goemon 3 for Japan...*sigh* is there any chance we'll see the N64 one at least?

EDIT: hold up, is that Castlevania rebirth slated for release tomorrow??????

SF2 CE : Arcade version

SF2 Turbo : SNES port

SF2 hyper fighting: GEN port

i believe they have all the same characters in it. It only changed when SUPER SF2 came

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Walk-Out Basements said:

i believe they have all the same characters in it. It only changed when SUPER SF2 came
Turbo is Hyper Fighting. SNES
CE was on Genesis.

Both were in arcades.

Rlan

cw_sasuke said:

As I mention in my article, Hudson had actually been doing a very unique thing on the Nintendo DS with their prior Bomberman titles. Bomberman Touch!, Touch! 2, Bomberman Story DS and Custom Battler Bomberman / Bomberman 2 all included an online 8P battle mode, and every one of them would connect to the same servers in order to keep the online community alive. I could see this as being a DSiWare version of that same mode.

Walk-Out Basements said:

There were 3 pre-super arcade releases:
SF2 (8 characters, no mirror)
SF2':CE (12 characters, mirror)
SF2 Turbo:Hyper Fighting (12 characters, mirror, enhanced speed and new colors/moves (like Chunners' fireball))

SNES received ports of SF2 and SF2 Turbo. Genesis received "Special Champion Edition" which had CE and a second "Hyper" mode which was pretty much Turbo. Also in Japan, PCE got a SF2CE port.

Hmm... the visuals on Oscar in Toyland remind me alot of the SNES version of Krusty's Fun House. Not sure if that is such a good thing...

DarkWish

Well, we know some of the releases for today:

WiiWare:
- Spaceball: Revolution

DSiWare:
- Oscar in Toyland

We just need to know the other WiiWare game and the VC game for this week. I was hoping for something better on DSiWare today, I guess I'll have to hold my 800 DSi Points until a later time.

Baron

Still no word on the VC releases for today? I say "releases" with the utmost of hopes.

I have 700 points in my account and want to buy an 800 pt game. Goddamn you, Nintendo. That missing $1 dollar is going to cost me 10 bucks.

joedick

JLateralus said:
Did anyone ever find out what the "big" release on DSiware that Nintendo Power was hinting about?

The next issue won't hit til the end of the month, but it looks likely that it's a new Shantae game.

sfog

The updated Nintendo Channel is now up for download in the US Shop. It shows Oscar in Toyland for DSiWare and Mart Racer, Texas Hold'em Poker, and Spaceball Revolution for WiiWare. I don't know about VC releases.

zigg

Baron said:
I have 700 points in my account and want to buy an 800 pt game. Goddamn you, Nintendo. That missing $1 dollar is going to cost me 10 bucks.

So does that mean that when you go to buy another <= 900-point game later, it'll be free?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I like the new "records" section in the Nintendo Channel. My top five "games" are:

Internet Channel :)lol)
170 hours, 10 minutes
57 times played

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
81 hours, 37 minutes
16 times played

The Conduit
45 hours, 38 minutes
16 times played

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
36 hours, 37 minutes
7 times played

No More Heroes
23 hours, 6 minutes
10 times played

I had no idea I'd spent so much time on the Internet Channel. I guess the Internet really is my favorite game in life :lol
=(

To be fair, though, I remember a few times where I've just left the Internet Channel on while I switched over to watching TV, and I'd either switch back and forth, or I'd forget the Wii was on and switch back to it like eight hours later.

joedick

sfog said:
The updated Nintendo Channel is now up for download in the US Shop. It shows Oscar in Toyland for DSiWare and Mart Racer, Texas Hold'em Poker, and Spaceball Revolution for WiiWare. I don't know about VC releases.

Uh oh, 3 wiiware games! Last time that happened VC got squeezed out of the picture. Maybe they didn't put out the PR to keep the fanboys at bay for a few hours!

the-iek

JLateralus said:
Hmm... the visuals on Oscar in Toyland remind me alot of the SNES version of Krusty's Fun House. Not sure if that is such a good thing...
Don't buy this shitty game. Takes two hours to complete and the gameplay is really, really repetitive and boring.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Danthrax said:
I like the new "records" section in the Nintendo Channel. My top five "games" are:

Internet Channel :)lol)
170 hours, 10 minutes
57 times played

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
81 hours, 37 minutes
16 times played

The Conduit
45 hours, 38 minutes
16 times played

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
36 hours, 37 minutes
7 times played

No More Heroes
23 hours, 6 minutes
10 times played

I had no idea I'd spent so much time on the Internet Channel. I guess the Internet really is my favorite game in life :lol
=(

To be fair, though, I remember a few times where I've just left the Internet Channel on while I switched over to watching TV, and I'd either switch back and forth, or I'd forget the Wii was on and switch back to it like eight hours later.
Not sure I want to know this information. Pretty sure my wife should not have access to this information!

Danthrax said:
Oh, cool. I downloaded a homebrew application that was supposed to do that, but the results were completely crazy. Telling me I'd played Streets of Rage II for thousands of years and such.

Penguin

I checked it out, my top 5.

Super Smash Bros Brawl
112 Hrs 1 minute

Wii Sports
55 Hrs 2 mins

Twilight Princess
51 Hrs 31 mins

The Godfather Blackhand
49 Hrs 15 mins

Super Mario Galaxy
32 Hrs 56mins
(Also game played least amount of time 12 times)

Yes Boss!

Wow,

Pretty cool little update. Here are my top games (that Twilight was one playthrough...took my time to enjoy it):

P1020316.jpg

Penguin

Am I the only one missing gameS?

Like there are games that has like 10 minutes or so, and completely ignore games I spent in a decent chunk of time with.

Like Tony Hawk Downhill Jam, Red Steel, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Medal of Honor Heroes, and some others drawing blanks on.

:lol

Super Smash Bros Brawl
78 Hrs. 7 Min.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
48 Hrs. 33 Min.

Super Mario Galaxy
42 Hrs. 42 Min.

Super Paper Mario
34 Hrs. 52 Min.

No More Heroes
27 Hrs. 13 Min.

Super Paper Mario gets a hard time, but I liked a lot of things about it. Ultimately, I'm proud of that list. Also, now I can't touch Galaxy, because it's doubly the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. :lol

Interesting though, the next two are Sonic and the Secret Rings, at 21 Hrs 48 Mins, then Sonic Unleashed at 21 Hrs 44 Mins. Just four minutes difference, by chance. I haven't touched either in months.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yes Boss! said:
Crash 'N The Boys for VC...dreadful.

... what?

Crash and the Boys Street Challenge is awesome. That, Caveman Games, and the Snoopy Silly Sports Spectacular were an awesome three-pack of NES not-quite-olympics sports compilations. All three are great!

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Excite Truck
158 hours, 26 minuets, 96 times.
Hell yeah

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
126 hours, 23 minuets, 44 times.

Twilight Princess
78 hours, 0 minuets, 42 times.

Super Mario Galaxy
51 hours, 37 minuets, 26 times.

No More Heroes
46 hours, 10 minuets, 15 times.

Yes Boss!

Whoops, sorry. I was thinking of something else (perhaps). Haven't played this one...so yes, I jumped the gun! I've got 600 points in my account. Do you reckon it is worth a purchase?

Wow, you guys have crazy Smash numbers. I'm as big of nintendo nut as they come but that game never did it for me. Check out my time...played it for a bit the day it came out and never went back :-(

P1020318.jpg

thefro

Nintendo Channel update is pretty rad, looks like they are going to be doing a 10 minute weekly show now called "Nintendo Week" showing new games off.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
These numbers are all wrong =/

157 hours on Reel Fishing Challenge and 39 minutes on Galaxy? Ok...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Best thing this week is Crash for VC!
I'll pick it up tonight.

---

Animal Crossing City Folk - 78 hours, 30 times
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 74 hours, 37 times
Twilight Princess - 37 hours, 16 times
Zack and Wiki - 12 hours, 3 times
Wii Sports - 10 hours, 12 times

Yeah, I don't play too much Wii.

Here is my family's top 5:

1. Internet Channel - 1,499 hrs. 50 min (706 times)
2. Animal Crossing CF - 632 hrs. 50 min (252 times)
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 262 hrs. 8 min (99 times)
4. Wii Sports - 135 hrs. 47 min (168 times)
5. Super Mario Galaxy - 108 hrs. 49 min (43 times)

Super Mario Galaxy would be even higher, but my cousin has been "borrowing" it for about half a year now. :lol

MAtgS said:
Internet Channel
334 hours, 56 min
Played 128 times

That.............can not possibly be correct.
Mine says I've used it for over 600 hours, WTF :lol

Dammit, looks like CreatureX3 has me beat.

Somnid said:
Your VC title for the week: Crash and the Boys Street Challenge (NES)

What the hell?! NOA is taking the piss, 1 shitty game this week?!

This is a joke, we're not even getting quality games now! NOA, you should be ramping UP your releases when you have no major retail games to release, not lowering it!

I want at least two VC game week releases again :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Nuclear Muffin said:
What the hell?! NOA is taking the piss, 1 shitty game this week?!

This is a joke, we're not even getting quality games now! NOA, you should be ramping UP your releases when you have no major retail games to release, not lowering it!

*shakes head*

the single worst thing about these vc threads is "IVE NEVER HURD OF DAT MUST SUCK FUCKEN GARBAGE SHITTY GAMES".

sfog

In addition to Oscar in Toyland, DSiWare also got Art Academy: First Semester. It appears to be some kind of drawing/painting toolkit from Nintendo for 800 points.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Stumpokapow said:
*shakes head*

the single worst thing about these vc threads is "IVE NEVER HURD OF DAT MUST SUCK FUCKEN GARBAGE SHITTY GAMES".
This.

These kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom