• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Krowley

Soul4ger said:
Could Nintendo really screw this up?

sure, several ways...

intense ugly graphics all over the place, bad implementation of the controller, secrecy and not showing much.. they aren't bullet proof at all.

But last night, sony lowered the bar.

[Nintex]

Krowley said:
sure, several ways...

intense ugly graphics all over the place, bad implementation of the controller, secrecy and not showing much.. they aren't bullet proof at all.

But last night, sony lowered the bar.
I haven't seen Sony's conference yet was it really that bad. What did they mess up the MGS4 trailer looked awesome.

Anyone with Ign Insider having trouble connecting to their livewire. On the Livewire page it won't let me click on any of the options to open the video.

i have the gamespot stream open right now. techno music is playing. their sony stream last night was practically perfect. i'd def recommend people use gamespot to watch the nintendo conference using the sony stream from last night as a reference.

wow, my phone just got a text message (i have the ac: ww theme song as ringtone) and it blended pretty well with the nintendo music...

omg that must be a hint!!!

MikeHaggar said:
i have the gamespot stream open right now. techno music is playing. their sony stream last night was practically perfect. i'd def recommend people use gamespot to watch the nintendo conference using the sony stream from last night as a reference.

"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

C00D11D2: Cannot access the file
Windows Media Player cannot access the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

This file is currently in use. Close the file, and then try again.
You do not have permission to access the server or other location where the file is stored. Verify that you have the appropriate access rights, and then try again.
You do not have permission to access the proxy server. Verify that you have the appropriate access rights, and then try again.
If you are trying to rip (copy) a track from a CD to your hard disk, you might not have permission to rip to the specified hard disk location. Verify that you have the appropriate access rights, and then try again. If the problem persists, try ripping to another folder.

What do I do?

Mashing

I hope this stream runs better considering there are more streaming sources out there for the Ninty conference. I'm not expecting it though, even at 300k the Sony conference was chugging on my 8mbit cable connection.

[Nintex] said:
I haven't seen Sony's conference yet was it really that bad. What did they mess up the MGS4 trailer looked awesome.

Really boring for the majority of the conference - then it got a lot more interesting once Heavenly Sword was shown. From that point on, it was a lot better, and Sony kept gaining more and more momentum until the end when the price was announced.... At which point, everyone realized Sony was out of their minds

yjs666

I had some issues with the Gamespot stream in the beginning of the presentation, the sound would go on but the video would just be still pictures changing every 10 seconds. But it got a lot better about 10 minutes in and from then on it was pretty much flawless.

Here's hoping the IGN Insider stream is better quality!

Aurora

25 minutes!

I feel like Jesus right now - so much love pouring out of my heart. I love each and every one of you. God bless E3! :'(

Does anyone else think this music (on Gamespot's feed) would go perfectly with a Jet Set Radio sequel?

Spray painting with the Wiimote anyone?

Discharger said:
Really boring for the majority of the conference - then it got a lot more interesting once Heavenly Sword was shown. From that point on, it was a lot better, and Sony kept gaining more and more momentum until then end when the price was announced.... At which point, everyone realized Sony was out of their minds

Actually I think the Sony conference started to suck again when Kutaragi brought out the controller.

The price was like getting punched in the stomach.

vitaflo

HomShaBom said:
invalid url?

Right click and copy. Don't copy the text. GAF fudges long url names, but the URL itself works. Perhaps this will work better:

Code:
http://zdmedia-e32006-nintendo-press-conference.wm.llnwd.net/zdmedia_e32006_nintendo_press_conference

BTW, this is the Quicktime stream for all you Mac users who can't stream WMV.

Did something just happen on the Gamespot feed? My audio quit and now I'm just looking at a black screen instead of that Nintendo placeholder one that was there a few moments ago..

edit: Nevermind, just reloaded and now its working fine

AdmiralViscen said:
"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

What do I do?

did you watch the sony stream on gamespot last night? if so, clear your browser's cookies, cache, and history. also, what version of wmp are you running? if it's not the newest version, quickly update it. that's all i can think of...

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Still waiting ... no word yet when the delays will end and we can get seated but they have some video feeds in the hall and it looks like it shouldn't be long. Looks like Microsoft is going to have delays of their own, being that almost all of the press here is going to head over.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
oh god, and no more pictures or videos of weirdo westerners playing with the wiimotes as seen in the Ubi and Activision stuff. Just no.

Shmmeee

MrSardonic said:
nintendo's conference cannot fail as long as they don't show Tony Hawk Downhill Jam

QFT. First party + Red Steel all the way, maybe let EA on if they're good.

I just can't see this thing being less than 2 hours if they're going to show everything and talk about DS/GBA/Brain Training

AdmiralViscen said:

What do I do?

I can't access gamespot with that link but it works fine for me if i go to http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html and click the big 'Watch it Live' button after logging in with basic account....

I doubt the show will start on time.

Too many of the press were probably out until the wee hours last night and will probably be scrambling to make it to the Hollywood in time.

Krowley

[Nintex] said:

the price mainly. That's just a really bad piece of news... but the way the show was put together was also crap. they made psp look like a poor afterthought, They had this attitude like "we are sony, we will own you" at the beginning of the conference and then they consistently underdelivered for the remainder.... also there were no gameplay demonstrations of a AAA game (unless you count heavenly sword, and that is an unproven franchise with no history). There were lots of long drawn out segments focused on usless information. They spent 20 minutes showing gran turismo 4 with HD assets... It still looked like GT4 and it was boring as hell.

Basicly you look at all the ps3 games and there was nothing being played that really came off as a system seller. MGS4 and FF were the only surefire AAA things shown, and both were only in trailer form, and i doubt they will launch with the system. then you add the price in, and it was as bad (or worse) than microsoft last year, and the price news is actually worse news than anything in last years microsoft conference.

vitaflo

HomShaBom said:
I'm trying this on PC, to open it in my quicktime but it isn't working at all. I get either its 'not a valid url' or this 'this isnt a movie file'

Most likely because it's for Mac's with Flip4Mac plugin installed (which doesn't exist on PC). Just use WMP on the PC for the stream.

Cherubae

Darko said:
thanks allot man works perfectly, lol @ the music

mariogif.gif

:lol :lol it's in beat too

MrSardonic said:
oh god, and no more pictures or videos of weirdo westerners playing with the wiimotes as seen in the Ubi and Activision stuff. Just no.

i will gladly accept pics of the activison girl revmoting as long as i dont ahve to look at downhill jam.

Top Bottom