• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

JayDubya

Banned
NME said:
Now, none of this is likely to happen, but Nintendo could eliminate the competition in short order with just a few announcements today. Mind you, they get more and more ridiculous as we progress. That being said:

- Games will not exceed the $50 price point

- Wii will launch at $149

- Virtual Console content will be made available for free

- The Grand Theft Auto series will be exclusive to the Wii

and of course,

-
The name "Wii" was a joke to try to get Sony to change the name to PSWii.

Realistically...maybe one of these will come to pass. Two if we're lucky.

They wouldn't release Wii for less than the Gamecube. Consumers would think there was something wrong with it if it was *that* cheap. The games are going to be $50 for sure. The Virtual content being free is reasonable, as long as it's cheap that's cool too.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
DSC_2510.JPG

I am exciteeeeed!!!!!!! :D:D

And the pumping beat of the stream makes it even worse.

Btw: are the streams from 1up, gamespot and Gametrailers the same?

Aurora

Mashing said:
Did anyone else just hear soem talking (a PA system?)

Yes, I heard that. It was totally muffled though - couldn't make out what was being said.
Oh well, no biggie, everyone seems to be inside the main hall now so I would say give it another 15-20 minutes.

Jasoco

Banned
Yeah, I did. I got excited thinking it was starting early.:lol

After last nights pain in the ass, I'd be happy if this stream just kept at least the audio for the entirety.

No.1

The IGN stream is sucking. Think i'll just stick to Gamespot, since their feed of the Sony conference was pretty impressive.

It hasn't had a good start (the Nintendo conference). Terrible music at 2am makes my head hurt.

Error2k4 said:

That's alot of seats! So excited!

Did anyone else hear background noise during the gamespot stream. I heard people talking and thought the conference started early, but the video was broken.:lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
psycho_snake said:
Didnt Nintendo stream the conference over their site last year?
e3.nintendo.com is where I'm watching it live. err it appears to redirect to gamespot though?

NME

They wouldn't release Wii for less than the Gamecube. Consumers would think there was something wrong with it if it was *that* cheap.

Yes, consumers would think there was something wrong. Something wrong with Microsoft and Sony.

Like I said, unlikely. But if it happens, I expect to see a few spanuuuuuuunds, a dozen or so "MEGATON!" and one drinky crow with a good 'ol fashioned "Believe :("

Top Bottom