• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokero

You want to see Retro's project they've been working on for 6 months? That won't be pretty...
couldn't it be possible they have two teams they've hired a lot of people
Nintendo is watching us. That is known.

Creep-GAF at its best xD

Edit:

Here it is

parkcentralhigaf.jpg
this thread was great all the pics from the new building I think someone actually posted floor plans iirc

I really hope Yoshi's Yarn isn't dead. It could be a nice adventure to relax with amidst the chaos of Smash, (hopefully) X, and Bayonetta 2.

Agreed. Hopefully, maybe....... a summer title? I dunno, I just wanna see more of it to confirm it isn't dead. I loved Epic Yarn, I would love another game just like it.

Gsnap

Hell yeah, get me on that hype train.

Agreed. Hopefully, maybe....... a summer title? I dunno, I just wanna see more of it to confirm it isn't dead. I loved Epic Yarn, I would love another game just like it.

I'm really surprised we haven't seen more of that game. It looked decently far along in the first reveal. They had multiple screenshots and they even showed gameplay, though the footage was short. And it's not like they'd cancel it. People liked Epic Yarn, and it's probably fairly low cost for them. And Yoshi just had a game come out, so it's not like they decided a yoshi game couldn't sell or anything like that.

I'd be very surprised if we don't see it at E3 this year. And if we don't... well then I'd start worrying about the game's future.

Me too. Even if someone takes his place as president I would want him presenting the Nintendo Direct. There's a very strange charisma about him.
"...strange charisma..." Is probably the best way to put it hahaha. I wonder if some of that odd charm would be lost or increased if he spoke fluent English.
I imagine it would increase, and make the directs more approachable to people who aren't us. :/

Fully hyped for this E3, add me to the hype train, CHOO CHOO!!

Last E3 they had done the BOMB Direct in Jan, this time they kept a lot of things for E3, good choice!!

bennu

Neo Member
After years of lurking through E3 I finally have an account and here is my first post and thoughts on this year...

WII U

There are only 2 guaranteed games based on comments:

NFC Game(s) - I think people are expecting one big NFC game but in the quote from Iwata during the investor meeting he said “This year, we will make full use of this function by preparing multiple proposals, including the implementation of NFC payments with JR East’s “Suica,” which we announced on a previous occasion. We will showcase our detailed propositions for utilizing the NFC functionality at E3 in Los Angeles in June.” so I expect to see a big game, yes. But also possible implementation into other games in different ways.
Also because of nintendo’s past and history in the playing card business I wouldn’t be surprised to have their proposal, or one of them, not use figures but cards as the item. Nintendo is really big on getting people together and trading and the lot with pokemon so a similar mechanic where they encourage you to collect and trade cards for the game would not be too far out of the realm of possibility.

Zelda - Last year when asked about Zelda Wii U, Aonuma replied: “I’ll say more at E3 2014.” Miyamoto also said this to game informer “We're also working on a new Wii U Zelda game. Work on that is progressing fairly concretely. In fact, we were thinking about showing it here at E3 but decided to wait just a little bit longer before sharing it with everyone.” So I feel like it is guaranteed to be there and hopefully playable and further along than we think.

MORE THAN LIKELY:

Miyamoto IP - The project he mentioned to Famitsu that he said he “can’t talk too much detail right now, but I will say that this new title has been keeping me busy lately.” I think everyone is hoping/expecting to see something from him at this E3. This could be one of the nfc games but hopefully it is a completely separate project.
X - This is coming out THIS YEAR in Japan and we still know so little about it, I would expect to atleast get some type of story trailer for the game.
Bayonetta 2 - This seems like it should be out like, now, maybe we’ll actually get a date?
Pokken Tournament - after that glimpse of the ‘future of pokemon’ and then the trademark, followed by a trademark in europe just yesterday, i feel its safe to say it’s more than just something that turns into nothing.
Sonic Boom - With the new TV series starting this fall this should be out right along with it. It would make an obvious choice for Nintendo to show off, along with Bayonetta 2, to say
‘hey SOMEONE is making games for us!’ I would expect this to be playable at the show as well.

MAYBE:

Yarn Yoshi - Other than a rushed out ‘trailer’ there isn’t really anything known/
FE x SMT - Who knows what is happening with this game or if it even exists.
S.T.E.A.M. - Just a trademark but maybe its a new IP, maybe its nothing.\
Fatal Frame - This was just announced, don’t think we will see anything from it, maybe just an acknowledgement in a reel of upcoming stuff.
Animal Crossing/Social Game - I think we will see some type of game in the vein of Animal Crossing with heavy social aspect that will tie into miiverse, if not Animal Crossing itself.

OTHER STUFF:

- Hopefully Nintendo has enough foresight to ask for a port of Bayonetta one to release BEFORE the second game comes out.
- Maybe they can actually get another game out of Platinum - W102, a new okami, a new IP, or even let them work on a Nintendo franchise.
- More collaborations, I want to see what else they have managed to land with other companies.
- Maybe they will actually localize Dragon Quest X?
- Maybe we finally see a game using 2 game pads
- My 3 crazy hopes are a Skies of Arcadia sequel, a port of Ni No Kuni (on either Wii U, or the 3DS version) and hopefully the rumored second one, if it exists, comes to Wii U as well, and that we get a third Baten Kaitos.

3DS

I don’t even know what to say, we know nothing about the rest of the year for 3DS besides Smash Brothers. I would guess we see a follow up to Fire Emblem. A Metroid side scroller would also be a good first step into reviving the franchise. Maybe an Advance Wars?

Lunar15

couldn't it be possible they have two teams they've hired a lot of people

this thread was great all the pics from the new building I think someone actually posted floor plans iirc

It's certainly possible, but just a few months ago you had one of the high-ups at Retro basically saying that they only have one team at the moment.

Yagami_Sama

I still can't understand why they did not released the first Bayonneta for Wii U.

More ports and new games from Platinum will be welcome. If Nintendo don't do want to develop a new Star Fox, let Platinum do !

Snakeyes

I hope Yarn Yoshi has been canned. The series has always been mediocre at best and the game coming so soon after Yoshi's New Island will only fuel more criticism about Nintendo's rehashing of their mascot platformers.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I still can't understand why they did not released the first Bayonneta for Wii U.

More ports and new games from Platinum will be welcome. If Nintendo don't do want to develop a new Star Fox, let Platinum do !
um...they can still release the first bayonetta on wii U

And also, (again hypothetically if it is still alive) it'd be great if the Epic Yarn composers - Tomoya Tomita/Jun Ishikawa/Hirokazu Ando - are working on the Yoshi Yarn soundtrack. Epic Yarn's is so delightful :).

side-note: I just received my copy of Super Mario 3D world CD. It shall play continuously for the E3 season n_n.

Luqi

And also, (again hypothetically if it is still alive) it'd be great if the Epic Yarn composers - Tomoya Tomita/Jun Ishikawa/Hirokazu Ando - are working on the Yoshi Yarn soundtrack. Epic Yarn's is so delightful :).

side-note: I just received my copy of Super Mario 3D world CD. It shall play continuously for the E3 season :).

Best game I played this year, hands down

A Nintendo Network ID mobile app - compatible with iOS and Android, you can manage your friends list and redeem Club Nintendo rewards from your phone.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Wii U probably has no chance to do anything at this point, but I think they should at least throw those of us who have a Wii U a bone with a big test bed game of some sort. At least one more real big budget game that is non-traditional to Nintendo.

Sometimes it's easier to turn a system upside down and inside out, than trying to improve its health incrementally by throwing money and sweat at it.

Riki

I just had a thought. Based on last years's NOA twitter pick of Iwata and dozens of NOA employees on forums and imageboards reading up on what people thought of the event last year, you don't suppose that some of them go to GAF? I mean, isn't it possible? The fact that someone on here might know all the answers and is just watching the hypetrain go is kinda remarkable in a way.
NoA employees have accounts on GAF and read it regularly.
They just aren't allowed to really say much.

Bagu

NoA employees have accounts on GAF and read it regularly.
They just aren't allowed to really say much.
We need to identify, hunt down, and interrogate them.
Show them to fear, not their employer's ninja, but embittered fanboys!

... Actually, let's not do that.

NoA employees are among us, spreading hype under the guise of a rabid fan.

They could be any one of us, even me.

Not me tho

Riki

Also: Why do you think Nintendo has been embracing these weird Directs and memes lately.
Reggie has seen pretty much every wierd picture and gif we have made.
And not just from GAF.
Nintendo understands the internet better than people think.
But they aren't going to let it dictate how they run the company. That's madness.
But they love to see our reactions and what we do becausd of them. Which is part of the reason I love these hype threads. Because I know Reggie has seen some of this stuff.

rokero

I hope Yarn Yoshi has been canned. The series has always been mediocre at best and the game coming so soon after Yoshi's New Island will only fuel more criticism about Nintendo's rehashing of their mascot platformers.
I hope not the game looked beautiful... It's been a long time since we've had a Yoshi console game

udivision

NoA employees are among us, spreading hype under the guise of a rabid fan.

They could be any one of us, even me.

Not me tho

If I was an employee of NoA I'd try to dehype people as much as possible, so that maybe one time Nintendo could actually meet people's expectations...

AniHawk

tonight's gonna be great when the financial results come in and then we have people jumping back on the nintendo will make tons of money as a third party company you guys train. or maybe they'll show off qol tomorrow to really get things cooking. either way i am expecting real old testament type stuff.

Riki

tonight's gonna be great when the financial results come in and then we have people jumping back on the nintendo will make tons of money as a third party company you guys train. or maybe they'll show off qol tomorrow to really get things cooking. either way i am expecting real old testament type stuff.
There should be a ban on "Nintendo is doomed" topics for a few months. It's a dead horse and you're not brining it back to life by posting your idiotic ideas to make Nintendo "amazing again", GAF.

Banned

Hmmmm, Old Testament? The book of Genesis was in the Old Testament. The Genesis was a Sega console that rivalled Nintendo. Nintendo allies with an old enemy to take on a bigger threat. The Nintendo Genesis? No. Nintendo buys Sega confirmed!

I am amazed how the Nintendo hype train just blows up to huge levels every year. Nintendo doesn't even really say anything. It just blows up on its own. I'm not gonna get fooled this time. My personal hype level is the lowest it has ever been for E3.

DNAbro

ready for the #nintendoomed threads that are going to pop up. PS4 development or Nintendo is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom