• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
93f.jpg

Holy Shit, that is amazing!! LMAO, well done!!

I love waking up to all this Nintendo news. And the Investors meeting is happening in a few hours too (I'll need to go on a loooong toilet break from work... I'll blame curry or something)
Prepare for an influx of "Third Party Nintendo", and "What should Nintendo do now???" threads. Also you'll be seeing that dumb "Every console has been declining with the NES." chart, and argument a million times.
Anyways, I'd like an HD Paper Mario. I'm dying to see what they could do on WiiU visually with that franchise. I'd jump for joy if it was announced this year. :)

rokero

I love waking up to all this Nintendo news. And the Investors meeting is happening in a few hours too (I'll need to go on a loooong toilet break from work... I'll blame curry or something)
I hope they tell us more about the QoL thingy they're doing so they don't waste time on it on E3 that is if they even plan on mentioning it there

I hope they tell us more about the QoL thingy they're doing so they don't waste time on it on E3 that is if they even plan on mentioning it there

The pessimist in me thinks they'll talk about it at the investors meeting and then say 'stay tuned for E3 to learn more' >_<. Though, yes, I really do hope they get all the fat out of the way so E3 is one big beautiful presentation.

Riki

I don't even think they'll fully reveal their QoL thing today or at E3.
I think that will be saved for later in the year when they really have something significant to show for it.
They might tease it some today but outside of that, I wouldn't expect much.

Hiltz

I think that will be saved for later in the year when they really have something significant to show for it.

Yeah, I don't see a full reveal happening either. Iwata said this QOL thing isn't coming out until April 2015 anyway, and if this product is such a big deal for them, then it doesn't seem wise to spill the beans on it at the investor's meeting or at E3 for that matter. Of course, they'll want to share some tidbits about it just to help entice shareholders after enduring another poor financial report from Nintendo.

Riki

IGN didn't even say it. It was one person on IGN on a podcast. IGN didn't trust his source enough to run it.

But that's just it. If they didn't trust the source enough to run it, then why even say it?
That podcast and website have been trolling for hits for years and it's sickening.

watershed

Banned
Even Iwata is now commenting on the hardware rumors. "Extremely disheartening" "completely groundless"..

http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASG57756HG57PLFA00W.html
I honestly don't care care what "disheartens" Iwata or Nintendo. IGN just mentioned it in a podcast, everyone else ran with it. But more importantly this is the video game industry, rumors are rampant groundless and otherwise. Nintendo isn't some delicate little flower that is set apart from all other developers.

Riki

I honestly don't care care what "disheartens" Iwata or Nintendo. IGN just mentioned it in a podcast, everyone else ran with it. But more importantly this is the video game industry, rumors are rampant groundless and otherwise. Nintendo isn't some delicate little flower that is set apart from all other developers.

GAF bans sites for making up rumors.
IGN is pushing it here. They're mostly useless as an information site anymore.

rokero

This would be the best case scenario seeing as its not even supposed to be gaming related

Mine01

Guys, last january(i think?) they showed a doc file with the games comming this year, is there a possibility that we see some TBA games in there?

Sorry if its a stupid question.

watershed

Banned
Let me clarify, I'm not defending IGN. I just don't care about Iwata ' personal reaction to rumors. He's running an entertainment company in an industry full of rumors. This is the norm and he knows it. He gets no sympathy from me.

Riki

Guys, last january(i think?) they showed a doc file with the games comming this year, is there a possibility that we see some TBA games in there?

Easily.

Let me clarify, I'm not defending IGN. I just don't care about Iwata ' personal reaction to rumors. He's running an entertainment company in an industry full of rumors. This is the norm and he knows it. He gets no sympathy from me.

It's not about sympathy, though. It's about how IGN, a once respected news site, has become a hit troll. When it actually effects his company negatively, then of course he's going to be disheartened. There was no basis for the rumor and the fact that he circumvented his editor and said it on the podcast, despite being told it wasn't reliable, is scummy.

From what I remember, the upcoming releases part of the financial information never has unannounced games in it. Is that the doc you're talking about? Iwata's presentation might mention some games that have not been announced, though. That's also released on the same investor relations website.

DNAbro

"Pushing it here"

You mean trying to tell people that it's not trustworthy? Every one else on the podcast didn't really agree with him. You can keep saying they were pushing this rumor, but it was other sites that brought it up, and incorporated the stupid Nintendo Fusion rumors into it.

Riki

"Pushing it here"

You mean trying to tell people that it's not trustworthy? Every one else on the podcast didn't really agree with him. You can keep saying they were pushing this rumor, but it was other sites that brought it up, and incorporated the stupid Nintendo Fusion rumors into it.
Like I said, trying to get around his editor with an obviously bogus rumor was bull.
He represents IGN, regardless of if everyone else agrees with him or not.

watershed

Banned
It's not about sympathy, though. It's about how IGN, a once respected news site, has become a hit troll. When it actually effects his company negatively, then of course he's going to be disheartened. There was no basis for the rumor and the fact that he circumvented his editor and said it on the podcast, despite being told it wasn't reliable, is scummy.
I agree with that but judging without the context of the quote from Iwata, I don't think that's what he's saying. I think Iwata is just lamenting the rumor not calling out IGN for shoddy reporting. My observation is is that other companies don't publicly lament false rumors. Think about the rumors surrounding Sony's E3, or Star Wars rumors rumors for Disney, etc. It's just part of the business and you move on. Unless these Iwata quotes are from some sort of longer article or retrospective, I'm not really getting it.

hughesta

Banned
Oh man, I'm onboard the hype train! Hope to get my avatar added at some point, but it's a pleasure to be posting with y'all.

please Advanced Wars :( please...

Mine01

Nope i meant the one they released the last meeting whit the 2014 games and their relase dates.

So, is this meeting worth hyping it?

Riki

Nope i meant the one they released the last meeting whit the 2014 games and their relase dates.

So, is this meeting worth hyping it?

This is the investor briefing for the entire year and the one right before E3.
They likely won't announce anything major (though we already got Pokemon so who knows), but they will tease some stuff.

This is the investor briefing for the entire year and the one right before E3.
They likely won't announce anything major (though we already got Pokemon so who knows), but they will tease some stuff.

Smash 3DS release date is go.

They probably won't announce anything relevant to me, other than general business decisions and stuff.

You mean that leaked list from the Wii U Miiverse debug interface that listed some random game franchises on it ? They included Super Mario Wii U, Metroid, Zombie, Yoshi Island Wii U, Flipnote Studio, Donkey Kong, Wii Fit, Soul Hackers, Resident Evils, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 3 and Dragon Quest 10.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/...hacks-debug-menu-discovers-unannounced-games/

I totally forgot about this...I wonder what MGS is doing there.
Mario = 3d word
metroid = ? metroid minigame from nintendoland? Super Metroid VC?
Zombie = zombie u?
Yoshy island wii u = Yarn Yoshi
Flip note = flipnote 3ds?
Donkey Kong = DK TF
Wii fit = wii fit u
Soul hackers = don't know about this
Resident evil = revelations hd
mgs = no clue...
ff 3 = ff 3 vc?
dragon quest 10 = dq 10

Kinsei

Banned
I totally forgot about this...I wonder what MGS is doing there.
Mario = 3d word
metroid = ? metroid minigame from nintendoland? Super Metroid VC?
Zombie = zombie u?
Yoshy island wii u = Yarn Yoshi
Flip note = flipnote 3ds?
Donkey Kong = DK TF
Wii fit = wii fit u
Soul hackers = don't know about this
Resident evil = revelations hd
mgs = no clue...
ff 3 = ff 3 vc?
dragon quest 10 = dq 10

Soul Hackers and MGS 3 were both on 3DS. I think it's likely that this list was a combo of both Wii U and 3DS.

Soul Hackers and MGS 3 were both on 3DS. I think it's likely that this list was a combo of both Wii U and 3DS.

Those listing could have also been true at one point but then cancelled after the Wii U's poor performance became evident. Like FF3 could have been a Wii U version of Lightning Returns and MGS could have been MGSV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom