• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

A Pokemon MMO won't save anything.

Why do people keep saying this.

You won't get the same experience if it was on a console, the game was meant for a handheld.

The people who want a pokemon mmo are a subset of the people who already play pokemon. It won't attract new people to the franchise. Especially not if it's a console-only MMO. I, personally, have 0 interest in it.

Renaming the Wii U won't save anything.
Killing the Wii U won't save anything.
Most of the ideas on gaf and the internet at large won't do what they think it will.

New IP that looks like Bayonetta plz be a Takamaru game developed by Kamiya at platinum

Making it takamaru doesn't make it a new ip.

burst

You won't get the same experience if it was on a console, the game was meant for a handheld.

Sure, it might be game built for handhelds, but desperate times, call for desperate measures.

rokero

The people who want a pokemon mmo are a subset of the people who already play pokemon. It won't attract new people to the franchise. Especially not if it's a console-only MMO. I, personally, have 0 interest in it.

Most of the ideas on gaf and the internet at large won't do what they think it will.

Murasame castle ip has been dormant for so long that a new game is basically a new IP sort of like what happened with Kid Icarus

Riki

A Pokemon MMO won't do anything. MMOs are not nearly as strong as they use to be and it would have to be F2P to even gain traction.
Plus the money and time it would take to make it could be used towards at least 5 full games.

Guys, we've got some news about the french guy who has teased about "a new IP which look like bayonetta"

There it is: https://twitter.com/NicoWav/status/464073732894756864

"So I didn't lie to you about the new pokémon game, so stay tuned for the upcoming game only for wiiu, but I guess there will be two more."

HYPE

Is this the thing that a good chunk of us thought was Devil's Third but probably isn't? And does this mean there are two secret third party games coming? Maybe it'll be that long awaited "dark" game that's been rumored since 2007.

Riki

Is this the thing that a good chunk of us thought was Devil's Third but probably isn't? And does this mean there are two secret third party games coming? Maybe it'll be that long awaited "dark" game that's been rumored since 2007.
That Dark Game was Winter. It never made it to Full production.

New IP that looks like Bayonetta plz be a Takamaru game developed by Kamiya at platinum

I thought the tweet rumor was that the IP is exclusive to Wii U and is like and should cause a little of the reaction Bayo2 got when people found out it was Wii U exclusive

not new IP but jelly meltdpwn worthy IP is what I was thinking it meant

this new post does say a couple other games to come so who has been showing this one dude all these games?

georly

I thought the tweet rumor was that the IP is exclusive to Wii U and is like and should cause a little of the reaction Bayo2 got when people found out it was Wii U exclusive

not new IP but jelly meltdpwn worthy IP is what I was thinking it meant

this new post does say a couple other games to come so who has been showing this one dude all these games?

What other DMC-like IP could become Wii U exclusive that would cause a meltdown?

georly

Devil's Third bought by Nintendo would do it.

I'm pretty sure most people forgot that existed. I also think not that many people would care. That said, the situation it's in where they're probably desperately searching for a pub might make nintendo, desperately looking for 3rd party games, want to publish it.

where is DMC? Bayo2 caused meltdowns, now I'm all confused

Sorry, I just call the whole genre DMC-like. 3rd person fast action game. DMC, Bayonetta, same genre.

-Horizon-

Hype train is for peasants.
All I saw was Reggie's head. Guess the rest of his body wasn't ready.

I never thought the 3DS's 2014 lineup had a chance of competing with its 2013 lineup but I'll be damned if it's not for a lack of effort. Bravely Default, Kirby, Smash, Tomodachi, and a Ruby/Sapphire remake are certainly a good start. now throw in Majora's Mask 3D, maybe a 2D Metroid or an Advance Wars game, and a localization or two. looks like a pretty epic year to me.
I'm expecting a couple more good announcements at E3.

Could I get a ride on the train de hype? Thanks!
I don't think this hype train has a conductor. Or at least I don't know whose handling letting us on anymore.

Riki

I'm pretty sure most people forgot that existed. I also think not that many people would care. That said, the situation it's in where they're probably desperately searching for a pub might make nintendo, desperately looking for 3rd party games, want to publish it.
It's actually very similar to Bayonetta.
High profile director. Years of hype. Was once exclusive to PS3/360. Thought to be dead.
If Nintendo scoops it up it will cause a lot of meltdowns.

rokero

High profile director. Years of hype. Was once exclusive to PS3/360. Thought to be dead.
It's the only game I can think of that fits the bill

Sorry, I just call the whole genre DMC-like. 3rd person fast action game. DMC, Bayonetta, same genre.

people forgot about it and don't care about it until it becomes a Wii U excluse then you'll see bans all over the news thread if it happens

Riki

Devil's Third had one trailer years ago. The only people that know or remember anything about it or care about the pedigree behind it are a tiny subsect.
And you don't think Nintendo stealing our games again wouldn't cause meltdowns?
An indie game going to WiiU exclusive (Stealth Inc 2) caused meltdowns.
Devil's Third for WiiU would be ban central.

Some Nobody

"The game was meant for a handheld". Why? Because "Pocket Monsters"? Pft. There are a lot of people who WOULD buy a Pokemon game if it came to consoles--myself included. In fact, at this point barring some ridiculous graphics upgrade in Nintendo's next handheld, that's the ONLY way I'd buy Pokemon.

georly

people forgot about it and don't care about it until it becomes a Wii U excluse then you'll see bans all over the news thread if it happens

I think any game becoming a wii u exclusive, even if it were reviled by absolutely everyone would cause SOMEONE to get upset at the world and nintendo.

They could make Bullet Witch 2 a Wii U exclusive and people would be mad.

pronk420

i know they said they werent going to show new hardware, but the rumors seemed pretty sure there would be.

my ideal e3 would be some kind of new handheld that doubles as a mobile phone (with that swappable button thing from the patent)

that would be able to take advantage of some of the awesome stuff nintendo is doing with online like miiverse, and multiplayer games like animal crossing in a handheld, since you could have data everywhere with a phone handheld.

for apps these days basically all i use is tumblr, reddit and an rss reader, so if they have a functioning web browser and a few apps i'd probably be happy.

more realistically, a new animal crossing for wii u would be nice. oh and more VC stuff for wiiu/3ds.

prag16

Banned

It's the only game I can think of that fits the bill

Wow, good call. I forgot about that one. Assuming we are not being bullshitted, that game definitely fits the profile, and has a strong chance of being the one due to lack of other possibilities. If this ends up being it, I will enjoy watching the meltdowns.

Kacho

Damn, hype train time already?! I'm slacking this year. Not even remotely pumped just yet. I guess I'll have to visit this thread more to get the hype flowing.

Draconian

There has to be at least two big titles coming this year that are unannounced. I think it's a good bet that Majora's Mask 3D is one of them, but the other one is more of a mystery. Is it too soon to expect Pokemon remakes?

Well, I'm getting a bit better at this I suppose.

Albo

We should learn from this guy, he doesn't get hyped, he stays hyped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10pQvI6LyqI

Lol, reminded me of thise scene

hndgn.gif

Someone finish the job and put reggie's face on there.

Mine01

Sign me up for the realistic expectations train! Woo Woo.

1. More smash 4 info
  2. Possible zelda u reveal
  3. in game footage of alpha/omega pokemon games
  4. hyrule warriors
  5. yarn yoshi
  6. more X info
  7. More bayo 2 info

0 unexpected reveals. Nintendo has been doing nothing about announcing stuff ahead of time, and just explaining more later. Last year they outright TOLD us we'd see smash/mario kart/new mario at e3. That's pretty much all we got.

Didn't they announce both Tropical Freeze and SM3DW at E3 direct?, i dont know about 3ds games tough, but i bet they announced a couple.

Macka

Why the hell would Nintendo announce the new Pokemon this soon before E3?

They must have some pretty big bombs coming mang.

Linkhero1

So what are the chances of a Pokemon Z now ? 2015 or not happening ?

You know what...it might not happen. We might get X2 and Y2 or something like that. We didn't get a third game when Black and White came out but instead Black 2 and White 2. It's anybody's guess at this point.

Hiltz

Didn't they announce both Tropical Freeze and SM3DW at E3 direct?, i dont know about 3ds games tough, but i bet they announced a couple.

In the January 2013 Direct, Nintendo said we can expect a new 3D Super Mario,, Mario Kart and Smash Bros titles to be revealed and made playable at E3 in June. As for Tropical Freeze, Nintendo did not mention it until it was announced and made playable at E3. Tropical Freeze was the only surprise game announcement Nintendo made at E3.

Yes, Nintendo also revealed most of its 3DS games for last year in January, February and April of 2013. The games were A Link Between Worlds, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Mario Golf. In addition, Nintendo confirmed localization for third party games like Shin Megami Tensei 4, Bravely Default, Guild 02, Professor Layton & Azran Legacies before E3. Fire Emblem: Awakening's localization was not announced until during E3.

Mine01

In the January 2013 Direct, Nintendo said we can expect a new 3D Super Mario,, Mario Kart and Smash Bros titles to be revealed and made playable at E3 in June. As for Tropical Freeze, Nintendo did not mention it until it was announced and made playable at E3. Tropical Freeze was the only surprise game announcement Nintendo made at E3.

Yes, Nintendo also revealed most of its 3DS games for last year in January, February and April of 2013. The games were A Link Between Worlds, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. In addition, Nintendo confirmed localization for third party games like Shin Megami Tensei 4, Bravely Default, Guild 02, Professor Layton & Azran Legacies before E3.

Just that this time there was no pre-e3 blowout, so, i hope, they do that at this E3.

Hiltz

Just that this time there was no pre-e3 blowout, so, i hope, they do that at this E3.

It's Nintendo, so anything can happen, but I hope your right. We really have been spoiled by these Directs videos and other premature announcements Nintendo has made, so they're a double-edged sword. Quite frankly, I still think its better to have Nintendo Directs despite how it can lead to a lack of surprises at E3. At least we don't have to wait so long a few times out of the year to hear major new announcements, but of course, we want to hear about new game announcements soon but also some surprises left in time for E3 ,so hopefully Nintendo is balancing it a bit better than they did last year.

I love waking up to all this Nintendo news. And the Investors meeting is happening in a few hours too (I'll need to go on a loooong toilet break from work... I'll blame curry or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom