• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year's stream was so bad I had to stop watching it. Finding out stuff separately really killed my Nintendo E3 buzz last year.

That sucks, it nearly happened to me too. I was about to wait for it to be uploaded onto YouTube before I saw Nintendo America tweet another streaming link. Hopefully this time it's all smooth.

rokero

Last year's stream was so bad I had to stop watching it. Finding out stuff separately really killed my Nintendo E3 buzz last year.
last year stream really sucked it froze just when Mega Man was being revealed thankfully that won't be case this year apparently

BM8

Neo Member
Does Sega count each regional version of a game separately? More specifically, when Sega says they're putting out four Wii U games, is that four completely different games, or is there some overlap depending on release plans for each region?

Last time Sega said they have four(or was it three!? Either way...) wii u games coming, they ended up being Sonic Lost World wii u/3ds, Olympics, Sonic Boom. They are all technically different games.

You would hope that Sonic is out of the picture, for now, and theres different franchises coming.

Riki

Last time Sega said they have four(or was it three!? Either way...) wii u games coming, they ended up being Sonic Lost World wii u/3ds, Olympics, Sonic Boom. They are all technically different games.

You would hope that Sonic is out of the picture, for now, and theres different franchises coming.

Sega really doesn't do much outside of Sonic and Total War.

Riki

There yah go! :p

That's a shame that they haven't either. They're still one of my favorite, if not, my most favorite publisher around.

It really is. They had some of the most amazing games this past generation.
But it's all over.
Allllllllllll over.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
My expectations.

Wii U

Yoshi Yarn
SMT x FE
Monolith Soft's Project "X"
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Wii U Zelda Reveal
Smash Bros (duh)
Wii U Fatal Frame
Eshop stuff
Rumored 3rd Party Exclusive Game
Shin'nen's NEO Racing game
Metroid?
Miyamoto's new IP (Probably a NFC title ergo the figures)
Sonic Boom
Maybe that Sonic the Hedgehog 2015 game
Pokemon? (That Pokken thing)

3DS

Monolith Soft 3DS Project
Eshop stuff such as Ironfall and Gunvolt Azure Striker
Metroid?
Smash Bros (again duh)
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Possibly trailers for FF Curtain Call and Bravely Second ( I think BS is more likely a TGS thing though)
Possibly a Dragon Quest game
Dragon Marked for Death? (Marvelous + Inti Creates)

The rest could be surprising, underwhelming or relatively unknown.

Camelot recently finished with Mario Golf so I doubt a Golden Sun 4 is in the works if at all.

Can't wait until June 10th!

BM8

Neo Member
Itd be cool if the Wii U became the console that has software reminiscent of Nintendo and Segas glory days.

These four games arent exclusive, right?

Riki

Itd be cool if the Wii U became the console that has software reminiscent of Nintendo and Segas glory days.

These four games arent exclusive, right?

Sonic Boom is (well, if we aren't counting the 3DS version done by another studio).

DJIzana

It really is. They had some of the most amazing games this past generation.
But it's all over.
Allllllllllll over.

I won't believe this until Sega is completely out of the run with gaming entirely. I can at least import some of their games or even, play via translated fan patch with PSO2!
Unless they've changed that...

rokero

wasn't there a rumor of a new seaman game ? or maybe it was about the creator of seaman going to work for Nintendo? I don't remember

mrhej

ibzSPDsdvVMW4P.gif

Stole this from the Sony E3 announcement

kizmah

Absolutely nothing points to this happening but I am holding out hope for Endless Ocean 3. It would be amazing in HD and gamepad is perfect match for an underwater camera, sonar and journal just to name few examples of usage.

Riki

Absolutely nothing points to this happening but I am holding out hope for Endless Ocean 3. It would be amazing in HD and gamepad is perfect match for an underwater camera, sonar and journal just to name few examples of usage.

Well, Arika is still making stuff for Nintendo (Dr. Luigi is by them, actually).
So who knows!

onilink88

It's rather 50/50 in that regard.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/0...s-artwork-to-recruit-new-monolith-soft-staff/

From a year ago but still. 3D CG can mean for either or. But we'll see.

It's a little more than a year old:
http://andriasang.com/con02n/monolith_3ds/

That's a Kyoto ad, the studio that's dedicated (for now) to helping out with other Nintendo games (and Monolith's own). I really don't think they have a game in the works. Another thing: that studio is headed by Honne, and he's in some way involved with X right now.

They do, actually. It's just not announced (and likely a new Robot Wars game).

Where does this come from?

Riki

It's a little more than a year old:
http://andriasang.com/con02n/monolith_3ds/

That's a Kyoto ad, the studio that's dedicated (for now) to helping out with other Nintendo games (and Monolith's own). I really don't think they have a game in the works. Another thing: that studio is headed by Honne, and he's in some way involved with X.

Where does this come from?

Unless they shifted the Project X Zone staff over to X, then I would assume they are working on another game right now.
Their smaller division seems to do mostly license stuff, and Robot Wars has been a popular trend with them.

Riki

I don't think Kyoto is working with Takahashi's main group. But I could be wrong.

They have three groups.
Two in Tokyo (one was working on Project X Zone until late 2012 and the other has been working on X since 2010).
One in Kyoto (likely helping on Zelda, just finished on Animal Crossing).

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
They have three groups.
Two in Tokyo (one was working on Project X Zone until late 2012 and the other has been working on X since 2010).
One in Kyoto (likely helping on Zelda, just finished on Animal Crossing).

Yeah Kyoto seems to do more gruntwork then development of their own products.

onilink88

Unless they shifted the Project X Zone staff over to X, then I would assume they are working on another game right now.
Their smaller division seems to do mostly license stuff, and Robot Wars has been a popular trend with them.

I would think the natural assumption right now is that the Scamco "team" would be helping out with X. I mean, I'm not aware of any Scamco games that'd need them right now.

I don't think Kyoto is working with Takahashi's main group. But I could be wrong.

http://andriasang.com/comksa/baten_katios_director_new_project/

I don't think Honne was involved with PxZ, and this was way before any recruitment ad for a supposed 3DS game (and before their Kyoto studio was opened). So that only leaves X.

But in the case that they're not involved with X, then they're certainly involved with some other Nintendo game in the works.

Riki

I would think the natural assumption right now is that the Scamco "team" would be helping out with X. I mean, I'm not aware of any Scamco games that'd need them right now.

http://andriasang.com/comksa/baten_katios_director_new_project/

I don't think Honne was involved with PxZ, and this was way before any recruitment ad for a supposed 3DS game (and before their Kyoto studio was opened). So that only leaves X.

But in the case that they're not involved with X, then they're certainly involved with some other Nintendo game in the works.

Maybe they're making Soma Bringer 2!!!
I honestly can't see them putting their entire 3DS staff on X. Not this late in the game. Maybe a few of them, but the designers and artists and many programmers would be working on a new game. They wouldn't be needed on X at all.

Bagu

Got done talking with my uncle, he says Nintendo going to announce a remake of Mother 3. Trailer is set to Mr. T singing, “Treat Your Mother Right.”

It’s followed by a skit of Reggie trying to prevent localization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom