• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people will hate me for this but I want X to have another year of development release in Japan fall of 2015

I want another 90+ hours of gameplay
p0QHO.gif

I hated seeing the videos of the playable missing sections of Xenoblade that was hidden in the disc just saying I don't want to see X missing anything

and X needs a worldwide release with the same fuss made over it like Pokemon instead of NOA taking 18+ months to commit
KuGsj.gif
No thanks. Xenoblade was plenty long without the extra content. I have faith that Monolithsoft know what they're doing and have decided on the proper timeline for X's release.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Couldn't they just ship a complete experience 30-40 hour game and sell an expansion ala NSLU a year later?

Yeah, I would rather want this. Actually, Nintendo should go this route to cover the holes in the schedule. NSLU and Pikmin DLC were both great and occupied a lot of my gaming time.

Couldn't they just ship a complete experience 30-40 hour game and sell an expansion ala NSLU a year later?
noooooooooo nooo don't give them ideas I don't want this

I wish we could get that kind of game from anybody. Rpgs these days are either really niche, mass effect borderlands, or some wrpg medieval times stuff
Xenoblade gave me faith that it can happen we just need someone to put the money there still wish that type of game would sell more than maybe we would get them

Your Rare comparison is flawed because they were second party developer for nintendo, not first. like Monolith Soft.
Rare was an example of extremely talented team that you knew would make exclusive Nintendo stuff you could count on to be great or decent but seeing MS pick them up and not much has come from them is just bad, it is not because they went to Microsoft that bugs me it is the fact they don't have that quality in the games they are allowed to do right now.

Why not delay to fall 2016 instead? lol

if X is ready and can deliver half the enjoyment I got out of Xenoblade my Wii U will be happy for this year but if NOA is going to screw me anyway I want them to polish the hell out of it

I finished Xenoblade. I did not finish Skyward's Sword just saying that is how important the Monolith game is too me. I regret Skyward's but the disc is still sitting here just can't be bother to go into Wii mode

Xenoblade gave me faith that it can happen we just need someone to put the money there still wish that type of game would sell more than maybe we would get them

Rare was an example of extremely talented team that you knew would make exclusive Nintendo stuff you could count on to be great or decent but seeing MS pick them up and not much has come from them is just bad, it is not because they went to Microsoft that bugs me it is the fact they don't have that quality in the games they are allowed to do right now.

if X is ready and can deliver half the enjoyment I got out of Xenoblade my Wii U will be happy for this year but if NOA is going to screw me anyway I want them to polish the hell out of it

I finished Xenoblade. I did not finish Skyward's Sword just saying that is how important the Monolith game is too me. I regret Skyward's but the disc is still sitting here just can't be bother to go into Wii mode

Nintendo owned 49% of rare and owns 96% of monolithsoft. Monolithsoft is almost twice as owned by nintendo as rare was. You don't really need to worry about the studio peacing out any time soon.

Lazy! You better finish skyward sword befor E3 what part are you on?

why would you want DLCs in your RPGs it is bad.

I would rather Nintendo focus on DLC courses for Mario Kart 8 and maybe DLC for Smash 4

I read about the Zelda DLC thing too why? o_O

I want an RPG to feel complete, Child of Light had DLC which pisses me off since you know Wii U is not getting that so just knowing your RPG is getting DLC just makes me not want to invest the time I enjoy to put into them

if people compain out side quests what do you think DLC in rpgs are going to be made of if not side quests?

Axass

Reposting this here, because I realized I mistakenly posted it in the old announcement thread. Free for anyone to use:

I made it half red and half blue to represent 3DS and WiiU. Will soon fill mine up!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I know people will hate me for this but I want X to have another year of development release in Japan fall of 2015

p0QHO.gif

I hated seeing the videos of the playable missing sections of Xenoblade that was hidden in the disc just saying I don't want to see X missing anything

and X needs a worldwide release with the same fuss made over it like Pokemon instead of NOA taking 18+ months to commit
KuGsj.gif

If X comes out in Japan this fall, it will have been in production longer than Xenoblade. And there are always things left in the cutting room floor with any game, so there will undoubtedly be content that gets dropped from X no matter how long they work on it.

Riki

I would rather Nintendo focus on DLC courses for Mario Kart 8 and maybe DLC for Smash 4

I want an RPG to feel complete, Child of Light had DLC which pisses me off since you know Wii U is not getting that so just knowing your RPG is getting DLC just makes me not want to invest the time I enjoy to put into them

if people compain out side quests what do you think DLC in rpgs are going to be made of if not side quests?
X already has 4+ years in development. An extra year won't add anything.
If something is cut it's because it's not needed or doesn't work.
It will be realeased this year and probably be the biggest RPG of the generation.

My only RPG expansion/dlc experience is playing the Knights of the Nine quest in oblivion and it was awesome. It was coherent content 100 times more interesting than most of the side content in the regular game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Like Xenosaga 3 and Xenoblade before it MonolithSoft built those games in a little over 4 years. Right now Project X is supposedly in the finishing phases. It will release later 2014 or early 2015. And here's hoping it takes RPG's to the next level with a seamless open world experience as they have aspired to. And I think Takahashi can do it. I think they were aiming for a worldwide release but I cannot be sure.

wsippel

Banned
Hmm, possible, but NLG tends to work with SPD No. 3.

Tokyo EAD worked with Grezzo on OoT3D, so I was wondering if maybe he'd be working with them on a game. Big maybe.
After Luigi's Mansion, I think it could be both. SPD3 would probably still coordinate either way. The NLG guys said back in January that Nintendo gives them bigger and bigger IPs to work on, and their second team is the one responsible for action games as far as I know (Ghost Recon and such, maybe Catalyst as well), so I think it could be Starfox for EAD or Metroid for SPD.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Like Xenosaga 3 and Xenoblade before it MonolithSoft built those games in a little over 4 years. Right now Project X is supposedly in the finishing phases. It will release later 2014 or early 2015. And here's hoping it takes RPG's to the next level with a seamless open world experience as they have aspired to. And I think Takahashi can do it. I think they were aiming for a worldwide release but I cannot be sure.

Nah, that was never confirmed, just that they were working on localization during development. Could still be months between regions, or it could be simultaneous.

After Luigi's Mansion, I think it could be both. SPD3 would probably still coordinate either way. The NLG guys said back in January that Nintendo gives them bigger and bigger IPs to work on, and their second team is the one responsible for action games as far as I know (Ghost Recon and such, maybe Catalyst as well), so I think it could be Starfox for EAD or Metroid for SPD.
One would pray

Lazy! You better finish skyward sword befor E3 what part are you on?

it was bad timing I started playing it after I finished Xenoblade and was messing with NG+ in Xenoblade, then got The Last Story played a bit of that

Started Skyward's Swords enjoying it but then the Wii U hype took over all the sudden I had a huge backlog of Wii U games gave away my Wii but transfered my save files to my Wii U so I can still play Xenoblade, Skyward, and TLS on my Wii mode but I have been delaying hoping for a Skyward's HD or even just an eShop version with new controls for my gamepad I am not far at all I don't even think I beat a dungeon in the game

I should play it before E3 just incase there is a tie in to the new Zelda but I do not have a history of finishing Zelda games that I purchase

I only finished a handful of those games. Twilight Princess was the last I really wanted to finish. Never played Majora's Mask (another bad timing thing)

Zelda 2 was too frustrating

this is why I am asking Nintendo to give me a fresh rpg, Zelda does not drive me to buy them or when I do I don't really finish them. It is hard to finish an RPG that has similar plot twists and you kinda know who the last boss is.

Some Nobody

It will be realeased this year and probably be the biggest RPG of the generation.

Well, I'm guessing we'll know how true this is in...apparently, 29 days so I guess there's no need to try and counter this.

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Metroid. Q-Games gets Star Fox because Nintendo feels eternally guilty towards Dylan Cuthbert. Or some other silly reason.

it was bad timing I started playing it after I finished Xenoblade and was messing with NG+ in Xenoblade, then got The Last Story played a bit of that

Started Skyward's Swords enjoying it but then the Wii U hype took over all the sudden I had a huge backlog of Wii U games gave away my Wii but transfered my save files to my Wii U so I can still play Xenoblade, Skyward, and TLS on my Wii mode but I have been delaying hoping for a Skyward's HD or even just an eShop version with new controls for my gamepad I am not far at all I don't even think I beat a dungeon in the game

I should play it before E3 just incase there is a tie in to the new Zelda but I do not have a history of finishing Zelda games that I purchase

I only finished a handful of those games. Twilight Princess was the last I really wanted to finish. Never played Majora's Mask (another bad timing thing)

Zelda 2 was too frustrating

this is why I am asking Nintendo to give me a fresh rpg, Zelda does not drive me to buy them or when I do I don't really finish them. It is hard to finish an RPG that has similar plot twists and you kinda know who the last boss is.
Nevermind if you dont like Zelda like that then. There wont be a tie in but it will just add to your backlog if you would pick it up. Well if you care about backlogs.. I dont care for backlogs and I dont know why people do.

Reposting this here, because I realized I mistakenly posted it in the old announcement thread. Free for anyone to use:

I made it half red and half blue to represent 3DS and WiiU. Will soon fill mine up!

that hurts my eyes lol maybe it is the white spaces someone fill it up

Nevermind if you dont like Zelda like that then. There wont be a tie in but it will just add to your backlog if you would pick it up. Well if you care about backlogs.. I dont care for backlogs and I dont know why people do.

I don't entend to finish everything I buy

a game really has to click with me for me to get to the end boss.

Child of Light is the last game I played a new game plus on.

I have not finished The Wonderful 101

not finished Pikin 3

Finished 3D World but not the stages that come after the credits

I finished Razor's Edge which was very strange but just wanted to get to play some girl ninjas :3

can't say I finished much else on my Wii U got to the final stage on many other games I downloaded for my Wii U

got far enough in AC3 did not buy AC4 saving it for when I get a PS4 (the no dlc thing bugs me for these games)

I think of my backlog as games I will one day play again during slow times, but then I end up buying new stuff too so it does not really matter.

I do rank games I do finish higher than others though because it means I cared more about that game to see the end but most of the time this means a game I played for 12 hours non-stop I love when a game can hold my attention for that much time in a single play

Skyward's seems to have the most charming Zelda charater so I want to finish that story soon

4 years sounds so great, cannot wait for the story trailer so freaken hyped

I don't entend to finish everything I buy

a game really has to click with me for me to get to the end boss.

Child of Light is the last game I played a new game plus on.

I have not finished The Wonderful 101

not finished Pikin 3

Finished 3D World but not the stages that come after the credits

I finished Razor's Edge which was very strange but just wanted to get to play some girl ninjas :3

can't say I finished much else on my Wii U got to the final stage on many other games I downloaded for my Wii U

got far enough in AC3 did not buy AC4 saving it for when I get a PS4 (the no dlc thing bugs me for these games)

I think of my backlog as games I will one day play again during slow times, but then I end up buying new stuff too so it does not really matter.

I do rank games I do finish higher than others though because it means I cared more about that game to see the end but most of the time this means a game I played for 12 hours non-stop I love when a game can hold my attention for that much time in a single play

Skyward's seems to have the most charming Zelda charater so I want to finish that story soon
Well if you do play it and tears fall from your eyes at anytime during the game let me know. Cause it happened to me lol

Nibel

Use some softer red, it's killing my eyes :lol

rokero

DLC for Zelda could be great if done right Nintendo has been wanting to do it since the 64 days, so I think it's something we'll see sooner or later
gfpd.gif

Argh, my excitement level is rising, and we still have over 4 weeks to go.... shieeeeeeet XD
yeeess this is what I like to see grat job

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

p0QHO.gif

KuGsj.gif

No.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Thanks! I will use that!

Nibel

So is Miyamoto's new project confirmed?

I wonder if it's the NFP thing he's been working on or something entirely else

I still prefer the red one though, here's my bingo card! On the right WiiU games, on the left 3DS games, in the central column general stuff and games for both platforms.

lemPuBY.png

Anything even remotely close to this would be an amazing E3 "direct" IMO. Left out F-Zero and StarFox because I sadly don't see them happening yet. ;_;
I feel like you would win on that bingo.. too easy of guesses there...

Riki

He probably has a hand in some of the NFP games.
But the main ones will be the gamepad centric games they're touting.

Agreed. DLC for Zelda doesn't sound appealing at all and makes no sense. Mario Kart 8, Smash and Animal Crossing is what DLC is for.

I'm sure he's involved in the NFP game(s) but I still think he has one other big game that's yet to be shown before he starts winding down towards retirement.

Speaking of the NFP games, I'm actually pretty excited for what they could be. If they're all more "bite-sized" experiences it could be interesting to see what all of Nintendo's teams could come up with. Most of the teams are certainly experts at crafting gameplay that is fun to play, so it'd be nice to see what they could make when they were just focusing on the gameplay portion and completely cutting off the story/other bloat that most retail games have to have (no matter how insignificant those details already are in current Nintendo games, :lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom