• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 plans detailed

DKCR's existence was one of the few legitimate Nintendo E3 leaks during the DS/Wii era.

Yeah but wasn't that basically the only accurate one ever, which is why I said "almost"? Also didn't that leak very close to E3, like a matter of days before?

If we put all the Retro game rumors together Retro is essentially making every single game you can think of lol.

Basically. They're possibly making something DK related, possibly Metroid related, or possibly a new or different IP. I think that covers all game products they could be making.

Unless Nintendo just turned them into a BBQ catering company.

Where did he said that?

In an interview w/ Gamespot at the beginning of the year.

"Oh, so earlier today I got asked about Mother 3; maybe you can ask me about Metroid," he said jovially. "Look, again, I am proud as an executive with Nintendo to say that we look at all of the boards and all of the comments and we really have a good understanding of what our consumers want. And believe me, we take that to heart as we work to create content.

"So I have nothing to announce--here. But we are aware that there are some key IP that consumers just can't wait for the next true installment in that franchise's legacy. Suffice it to say, we're aware of it, and talk to me in a year and let's look back and see what's happened."

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's for children, but its art style is certainly not comparable to something like Metroid Prime 2 or Path of Radiance, IMO.

I'm not picking up what you're putting down and I think you are massively overestimating the "maturity" of the Radiant Duology's art style. I'd call it anime with western sensibilities with the exception of all the beautiful animal-people.

Interesting comment about reading all the boards. They could be reading this right now.
They always read these boards. We know Nintendo reads Neogaf. Look at the "here's the curtains Neogaf" from their twitter lol.

Also, people from Retro Studios were/are on here too. Look at their video camera. These guys probably laugh at what we say they're working on.

They always read these boards. We know Nintendo reads Neogaf. Look at the "here's the curtains Neogaf" from their twitter lol.

Also, people from Retro Studios were/are on here too. Look at their video camera. These guys probably laugh at what we say they're working on.
Don't forget the Rhythm Heaven shoutout during last E3.

Neoxon

A Boy Scouts magazine may have spoiled 2 of the reveals for the Nintendo Spotlight (Animal Crossing & Pikmin).

DAoScSDXcAEiiT3

I mean, would they be in a position to know?

BY2K

Membero Americo
A Boy Scouts magazine may have spoiled 2 of the reveals for the Nintendo Spotlight (Animal Crossing & Pikmin).

DAoScSDXcAEiiT3

Animal Crossing: Mobile Game
Pikmin: Hey!Pikmin

Just... putting it out there so people don't go crazy with expectations.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

It says Switch games though.
Would be crazy if true. Wasn't expecting anything on a new Animal Crossing (non-mobile) till 2018

ZeoVGM

Banned

It specifically calls it a Switch game.

Dunno why anyone would doubt that. Pikmin 4 has clearly been in the works.

DAoScSDXcAEiiT3

I don't think so. When you read the whole thing they didn't talk like that knew info on MS or Sony. It's probably just their hopes that they want a new Pikmin title and Animal Crossing.

The price of Nintendo's online seem to be designed so that it makes it harder to troll. It is far easier to ban you if you have to put in a credit card info, no matter how nominal the cost is. Kinda like GAF and the paid email thing.

MomoQca

It's also an opinion. I've never played a Xenoblade game, but from what I've seen of the past games, neither of them had proportions quite so chibi, right?

I mean, it's a personal thing, to be sure, but eh.

I don't think it's fair to judge the level of maturity based on a game's art style if you've never played a single game in its series. Having played all Xenoblade games and the majority of Zelda games, I can honestly say the mature themes explored in the Xenoblade games are much more in-depth than most, if not all Zelda games.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The price of Nintendo's online seem to be designed so that it makes it harder to troll. It is far easier to ban you if you have to put in a credit card info, no matter how nominal the cost is. Kinda like GAF and the paid email thing.

What? Do we know the price? And no, it's to make money.

I don't think it's fair to judge the level of maturity based on a game's art style if you've never played a single game in its series. Having played all Xenoblade games and the majority of Zelda games, I can honestly say the mature themes explored in the Xenoblade games are much more in-depth than most, if not all Zelda games.

In that case, I apologize - I hadn't heard much about the content of Xenoblade Chronicles, and was primarily comparing what I'd seen of the first and X to what we've seen of 2 and in terms of art style.

In that case, I apologize - I hadn't heard much about the content of Xenoblade Chronicles, and was primarily comparing what I'd seen of the first and X to what we've seen of 2 and in terms of art style.
All this time you've never played the games, but formulated your opinion on artstyle?

All this time you've never played the games, but formulated your opinion on artstyle?

In short, yeah, I guess so. This:

looks (I know that's not the be-all-end-all, but on a surface level) more conventionally mature than this:

Again, it's not the be all end all - I was merely noting that on a surface level as a consumer having only seen the advertising, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 doesn't look overly ""Mature"" to me. (And before people ask, no, realism =/= maturity.)

Anyway, this conversation has gone on more than long enough and isn't really related to the thread title anymore.

Astral Dog

In short, yeah, I guess so. This:

looks (I know that's not the be-all-end-all, but on a surface level) more conventionally mature than this:

Again, it's not the be all end all - I was merely noting that on a surface level as a consumer having only seen the advertising, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 doesn't look overly ""Mature"" to me. (And before people ask, no, realism =/= maturity.)

Anyway, this conversation has gone on more than long enough and isn't really related to the thread title anymore.
Xenoblade X? The game were most of the main story missions start with the same tired joke about eating the annoying mascot character that Xenoblade X?

It says Switch games though.
Would be crazy if true. Wasn't expecting anything on a new Animal Crossing (non-mobile) till 2018
I don't see Pikmin or Animal Crossing being announced for Switch at E3. I think they could be 2018 titles but I think they will focus on other titles at E3. I think Pikmin could be a spring 2018 title while Animal Crossing is a fall/holiday 2018 title capitalizing on the popularity from the mobile version. At E3, I expect Nintendo to show off all of their titles for the rest of 2017 and a few major titles hitting in the first half of 2018 such as Retro game, Metroid, Smash Bros, and Fire Emblem. Save some surprises for Fall and Winter directs to fill out the first half of 2018 lineup.

So I asked about buying 3DS in this thread before, well that plan is screwed because I bought Switch instead lol :')
Now I'm hyped for Nintendo E3 too

Might as well talk about it since people are freaking out over Game Freak doing some hiring for a 3DS RPG. This must mean Pokemon Stars for Switch isn't real?!? :D

Dystify

Might as well talk about it since people are freaking out over Game Freak doing some hiring for a 3DS RPG. This must mean Pokemon Stars for Switch isn't real?!? :D

Them hiring for a new 3DS RPG has little to no effect on their next upcoming game. Their next game should be nearing completion at this point. (Unless they skip 2017 for some reason and only go for a late 2018 release, which, again, is very unlikely at this point.)

Tregard

Soothsayer
Spitballin': Would Pikmin lend itself well to a MOBA? I've only really played Heroes Of The Storm, so don't have a great deal of experience with the genre, but I often hear people saying Nintendo should make a MOBA, or that it's a no brainer, and if there is still talk about this Pikmin being a "reboot" of sorts...?

Personally I'd be cool with 8-player online Bingo Battles

Dystify

Spitballin': Would Pikmin lend itself well to a MOBA? I've only really played Heroes Of The Storm, so don't have a great deal of experience with the genre, but I often hear people saying Nintendo should make a MOBA, or that it's a no brainer, and if there is still talk about this Pikmin being a "reboot" of sorts...?

MOBAs require a pretty sizable roster. Pikmin doesn't have that. A Nintendo MOBA with an All-Star cast would be really amazing but with how protective they are about online communication I don't really see it. It also requires a fairly huge team and constant updates.

I think arena type of games at a smaller scale like Splatoon/ARMS are more suited for the current Nintendo.

Tregard

Soothsayer
MOBAs require a pretty sizable roster. Pikmin doesn't have that. A Nintendo MOBA with an All-Star cast would be really amazing but with how protective they are about online communication I don't really see it. It also requires a fairly huge team and constant updates.

I think arena type of games at a smaller scale like Splatoon/ARMS are more suited for the current Nintendo.

Aah, that'll be why people are always suggesting Pokemon! Thanks

Peléo

I don't think Pikmin would be the best franchise to launch as a Moba. Maybe as an online RTS though (no so far from its famous multiplayer).

I think other Nintendo franchises could work better, mainly Pokemon. Zelda and Mario as well.

Darhkwing

wouldn't it be amazing if Retro was working on a diddy kong racing sequel - especially since Mario Kart has come so early in the life of the switch and it's unlikely a sequel will be released anytime soon?

Luigi Mansion Switch is a given, perhaps a port of the 3ds with added extras.

wouldn't it be amazing if Retro was working on a diddy kong racing sequel - especially since Mario Kart has come so early in the life of the switch and it's unlikely a sequel will be released anytime soon?

No, it would be terrible because that would add nothing to the libary of the Switch since there's already a great cartoony racer- Mario Kart. The backlash would be greater than DKTF in 2014, that's for sure. Its just not what the Switch needs. And personally, I couldn't care less for DKR, I would gladly take DKTF 2 over this.

Would be amazing if the boy scout was the REAL leaker this year. Animal Crossing and Pikmin announced on Switch would be a-ma-zing. Go team Boy-Scout !!!

Top Bottom