• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo EPD's GM (aka Miyamoto's old job) Takahashi on Switch games/projects & more!

They really should drop most of the internal support for 3DS and move it to the Switch.
Still canmt believe Metroid remake and Ultra S/M are not cross-gen.

Neither of those are headed by internal teams...

I can't say I disagree that I'd want them to be cross gen though.

-shadow-

Would absolutely if they'd give NST something to do again other than apps and constant Mario Vs Donkey Kong games and nothing else. Give them something serious to do again. Wave Race, 1080 and similar games. I miss these games...

You guys are forgetting Aonuma is making a new game starring a thief. It could be a new IP. Actually I'm very confident it is because Nintendo told him they want a new IP from him.

He's talked about wanting to make this, but we aren't sure he actually is.

Apparently execs want him to work on something new though, so it could happen.

Edit - So yeah, I just re-read your post and I'm basically just repeating what you said. Sorry!

TheMoon

You guys are forgetting Aonuma is making a new game starring a thief. It could be a new IP. Actually I'm very confident it is because Nintendo told him they want a new IP from him.

That's not really a thing. That's was something he was just through around as something he was thinking about. In no way was that "I'm working on this."

Would absolutely if they'd give NST something to do again other than apps and constant Mario Vs Donkey Kong games and nothing else. Give them something serious to do again. Wave Race, 1080 and similar games. I miss these games...

NST made Super Mario Maker 3DS.

He's talked about wanting to make this, but we aren't sure he actually is.

Apparently execs want him to work on something new though, so it could happen.

Edit - So yeah, I just re-read your post and I'm basically just repeating what you said. Sorry!

Lol

That's not really a thing. That's was something he was just through around as something he was thinking about. In no way was that "I'm working on this."

I disagree. Going by his quote tells me he's working on it.

Aonuma’s full comments:

“Actually, Nintendo has been telling me to create a new IP. But then, they’re also telling me to make more Zelda games. I can’t really share much; I’m not sure I’m allowed to say anything. But I really like the idea of a game where I can live as a thief. That’s all I’ll say.”

TheMoon

I disagree. Going by his quote tells me he's working on it.

Sure, that's the usual Nintendo Code for "this is probably happening" but I wouldn't treat it as "definitely being worked on" .. I wish journos were more attentive to this stuff and kept asking in follow-up interviews instead of repeating the same question everyone else is asking.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Metroid Remake is being made by a team in Spain not Nintendo.

So you are telling me Nintendo isn't involved at all? No Sakamoto? No Hosokawa? No Yamamoto? No Hamano? No Morisawa? No Yamano? No Nintendo money? No Nintendo blueprint? The Metroid team is quite involved in the game according to Sakamoto. Obviously the brunt of the labor is being handled by a sub-contractor, but your statement is is inaccurate.

Until I see it, I don't believe it.

It could easily be stuck in the prototype stage for a long time.

Although, it's not likely he'd be personally directing the game himself, which might make it somewhat more likely to ever see fruition.

So you are telling me Nintendo isn't involved at all? No Sakamoto? No Hosokawa? No Yamamoto? No Hamano? No Morisawa? No Yamano? No Nintendo money? No Nintendo blueprint? The Metroid team is quite involved in the game according to Sakamoto. Obviously the brunt of the labor is being handled by a sub-contractor, but your statement is is inaccurate.

I know Nintendo is involved.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Until I see it, I don't believe it.

It could easily be stuck in the prototype stage for a long time.

Although, it's likely he'd be personally directing the game himself, which might make it somewhat more likely to ever see fruition.

That's never happened though. A Group Manager / Producer has never directed a game. It's technically a demotion, and probably not what they are paid to do

That's never happened though. A Group Manager / Producer has never directed a game. It's technically a demotion, and probably not what they are paid to do

I meant to say not likely! I have fixed the post.

It's not likely he's directing it personally, so more likely it comes to fruition.

Not really sure if I'd consider that making, but if this is the most they've done outside of MVSDK since the Project Hammer fiasco, that's actually pretty depressing...

Hey now, they also made Crosswords Plus.

I don't see what your point is. Nintendo is involved even for IPs created solely from 3rd parties like Wonderful 101. That doesn't mean it's an internal project

pswii60

He talked about the use of HD rumble in Odyssey as a game changer, even called it the ambassador of the new tech.
No way. I've disabled vibration on my Switch because it's so fucking loud (handheld mode). It's ridiculous. It should be silent.

Had the same problem on Wii U. And no, it's not just me.

-shadow-

inb4 Mario vs DK Mega DX collection for Switch containing all games :p
giphy.gif

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I don't see what our point is. Nintendo is involved even for IPs created solely from 3rd parties like Wonderful 101. That doesn't mean it's an internal project

The Metroid team is a creative team not a management team. You're comparing the more management production units to Sakamoto's who always brings his lead game designer (Hosokawa), lead artist (Morisawa), and his sound team (Yamamoto, Hamano).

Did Mystwalker develop Lost Odyssey and Last Story or did AQ Interactive develop them? How do you designate auteurship?

Top Bottom