• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Experience Music - Nintendo Special Rock Band + Nintendo Big Band

Jintor

Hey ya'll. There was already a thread for the actual Livestream itself, but you may have missed the musical performances live. Nintendo uploaded them to its official YouTube yesterday. They are fucking sick. I think each track is a completely different mix - a lot of the Splatoon battle songs have never been performed live for Nintendo to date and are completely original extended versions, as are the two Xenoblade tracks to the best of my knowledge.

I thought more people ought to see them, so I've broken them up into individual tracks.

Nintendo Special Rock Band
Notably the Rock Band performed 3 times and did different flourishes each time, so I've noted them as seperate performances below even when it was the same song. Also, all the squid lyrics are live via filter, so you can actually see the performers saying all kinds of garbage mid-performance. The keyboardist in particular is fucking workin' it.

Splatattack! (Main Theme) - Squid Squad (Splatoon)
Day 1 Morning
Day 1 Afternoon
Day 2 Morning (by far the craziest performance of the 3, with a shittonne of flourishes)

Seascape (Vs Theme 3) - Squid Squad (Splatoon)
Day 1 Morning (Heavily extended, but fairly workmanlike)

Friend List - ABXY / Shellfie - The Chirpy Chips (Vs Theme 6) (Splatoon)
Day 1 Afternoon (Extremely high levels of squid vocals, great mix)

Hooked (vs Theme 7) - Hightide Era (Splatoon)
Day 2 Morning (Absolutely insane levels of jazz improv. The keyboardist in particular goes completely fucking crazy halfway through and starts playing with her elbows)

Now or Never (Last Minute) - Squid Squad (Splatoon)
Day 1 Morning
Day 1 Afternoon
Day 2 Morning

Mechanical Rhythm - Xenoblade
Day 1 Morning
Day 1 Afternoon
Day 2 Morning

Those Who Bear Their Name - Xenoblade (The strings at the beginning are weak but other than that this rules - it's a super extended cut)
Day 1 Morning
Day 1 Afternoon
Day 2 Morning

Mario Kart Medley (Big Blue, Excitebike Arena, DS Wario Stadium, Bowser's Castle, Electrodrome) (Mario Kart 8)
Day 1 Morning
Day 1 Afternoon
Day 2 Morning

Inkoming (Main Theme) - Wet Floor (Splatoon 2) (First live performance, the dual vocals are amazing)
Day 1 Morning
Day 1 Afternoon
Day 2 Morning

Nintendo Special Big Band
Mostly repeats but I think the Fire Emblem medley is new. No additions to medleys yet (music from Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey not yet included)

Donkey Kong Medley
Kirby Medley
Animal Crossing Medley
Zelda Medley
Pokemon Medley
Fire Emblem Medley
Super Mario Medley

Just got to the MK8 Medley... yeah if there ever is a new F-Zero, I want my E-Guitars back. Trash that bollocks that they tried to sell us as F-Zero Music in GX.

Soph

This is awesome, I'm still perplexed they just went and founded a new genre of music just for the game Splatoon.

Geg

Those Splatoon performances are all so good, it's interesting seeing them perform the squid vocals with the voice modulation live

PSqueak

Banned
That title made me think Harmoxinx had announced a special Rockband game with nintendo songs in it or something like that.

Just saying, if someone ripped all the tracks from all the performances from the Switch event and edited them nicely into an album, I'd think that would be pretty gosh darn swell.

*cough*

:)

dani_dc

Nintendo Special Rock Band
Also, all the squid lyrics are live via filter, so you can actually see the performers saying all kinds of garbage mid-performance. The keyboardist in particular is fucking workin' it.

I'll never get sick of the squid lyrics via filter.
I'd love to go to a longer concert by Nintendo Special Rock Band, 30 minutes was not enough.

Thanks a lot for compiling them like this!
I was getting confused going through the various videos with what I had and hadn't seen (which didn't help when songs were repeating :lol)

Top Bottom